823     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In real life, if a bomb threat was sent through email than a) that's really dumb but b) the person would most likely use an anonymous email. Why would they need to cut off the "from" line or "to" line on it? To protect whom? This is why I think it's absolute bullshit. There's no reason not to include the time stamp and header. None.

Agreed, anything that was received or not was dumped into a word processor. What I like is the glaring differences in the two parts of the doc, including grammar and formatting.

One thing is the second part is typed with the CapLock on, you can tell this by the "get" in no caps, that's from using the Shift key, and show that "get" was supposed to be the only all caps.

Bad editing job by the Fords.

Or suspend his allowance.

:)

Nope, no bomb, it was an insurance company.

oh, okay, so that wasn't the bomb threat I inadvertently caused...

Years ago I worked for a company that wanted to send out a corporate gift to clients and others over the holidays. We had a little alarm clock/desk clock made with our logo on it. My boss insisted we put a battery in as well (no one likes getting a gift that needs batteries but the batteries aren't included, right?). Most were hand delivered to offices (me and a co-worker driving all over the city to do this for two days, unreal...) but a few were kind of far away and we were falling behind in our work being out of the office all day delivering these stupid clocks. So my boss said to put the last few in a padded envelope and mail them (they were already in their own little boxes and bubble wrapped inside).

I was kind of tired and fed up with these clocks, and I guess I forgot to put a return address sticker on the outgoing envelope. Then I sent it to a lady who worked in Immigration/refugee claims in a gov't of Canada building. I didn't think to take the battery out... So a ticking package with no return address arrived there and .... yeah, they shut half the building down and put the package into a containment room and sent the robot in there to blow it up. Oops. :eek:

Deputy Mayor's office also received a threat.

And you didn't see Norm Kelly on camera. As for Dofo saying that the Mayor had to "inform the people" would it not have been smarter to send out a flash memo to all staff members instead of taking to CP24 - of which I doubt City Hall staff would be tuned into at that time....?

And you didn't see Norm Kelly on camera. As for Dofo saying that the Mayor had to "inform the people" would it not have been smarter to send out a flash memo to all staff members instead of taking to CP24 - of which I doubt City Hall staff would be tuned into at that time....?

I think Kelly was copied in the threat, or are they saying he received a separate threat?

I would think someone is, at least, facing a public mischief charge.

If there was no real outside threat and the Fords (as seems to be the opinion/hope of the readers of this board) just made this up...then they ran the risk of causing a public panic in and around City Hall.....that would be an illegal act if proved.

Alternatively, if the threatening letter/email is real (even if the threat itself turned out not to be so) and can be traced somehow then that person ran the same risk.

I doubt that TPS will just let this sit without investigating which direction they are going to go with this.

Yes. It's pretty much the 21st Century version of the classic "Yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre" as an example of unprotected speech. At the same time, one has to wonder if the TPS is in collective 'SMH' mode given all the 'wolves' being cried about by the Ford Lords.

ETA: Added the OP's entire quote as they expressed that they felt his/her intent was misrepresented. That's fair. Whole quote now included. The bolded portion is where the reply was directed.

Last edited:
I'm calling b.s. on this threat. I bet if police follow the data trail there's probably video of Lisi leaving a cyber cafe lol.

Yes. It's pretty much the 21st Century version of the classic "Yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre" as an example of unprotected speech. At the same time, one has to wonder if the TPS is in collective 'SMH' mode given all the 'wolves' being cried about by the Ford Lords.

Just sayin'....not particularly thrilled about how/where you edited the segment of my post that you quoted. I intended to present both options...the way you did that readers from this point on get the impression I was only considering one option.

Fletcher just made a really interesting observation - if there is a bomb threat that does initiate a "State of Emergency" where his powers are restored? Was this situation set up for him to sign (or try to sign) some paperwork that can't be reversed?

Fletcher just made a really interesting observation - if there is a bomb threat that does initiate a "State of Emergency" where his powers are restored? Was this situation set up for him to sign (or try to sign) some paperwork that can't be reversed?
If he calls a state of emergency he loses remaining power. That's why he wouldn't call one in December in spite of so many of us freezing our asses off with no power.

Last edited:
So, either it was a fake threat - for which any ordinary citizen who pulled such a stunt would have the book thrown at them - or it was real, in which case (a.) Mayor Assclown is trying to exploit the situation for personal gain, and (b.) nobody else who works at City Hall was given so much as a hint of warning about it until well after the fact. Oh, and the Fords completely shattered all legitimate protocols by announcing it to the world as they did. Which - again - would likely have certain unhappy consequences for any ordinary person, but which never seems to happen to them.

If any members of the media happen to be perusing this thread, may this one humbly suggest that investigating the story from these angles may well prove profitable? Hell, doing a story specifically on all the questionable 'threats' the Fords have received that "just happened" to coincide with very convenient timing - for them - could make for some interesting reading, as well.

here... i'll start us off.

while gawker was trying to buy the crack video...

‘Serious’ threats against Doug Ford’s family: http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/3412065--serious-threats-against-doug-ford-s-family/

when the story about what rob was really like in rehab came out...

Doug Ford blames broken SUV window on rivals: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-blames-broken-suv-window-on-rivals-1.2700367

when the pride flag controversy was going on...

Police investigating potential threat to Mayor Rob Ford, family: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-investigating-potential-threat-to-mayor-rob-ford-family-1.1676045

eta: a person was arrested for death threats in the middle of july 2011, but they only told us about it on july 28th...

Toronto police revealed Thursday they arrested a man two weeks ago and charged him with threatening the city's mayor.

Anthony Vella, 56, of Toronto was arrested July 14 and charged with one count of threatening death.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-mayor-ford-unfazed-by-death-threat-1.1002168

what else did we learn july 28, 2011?

Ford faces public wrath over proposed KPMG cuts: http://www.citynews.ca/2011/07/28/ford-faces-public-wrath-over-proposed-kpmg-cuts/

Last edited:
here... i'll start us off.

while gawker was trying to buy the crack video...

‘Serious’ threats against Doug Ford’s family: http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/3412065--serious-threats-against-doug-ford-s-family/

when the story about what rob was really like in rehab came out...

Doug Ford blames broken SUV window on rivals: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-blames-broken-suv-window-on-rivals-1.2700367

when the pride flag controversy was going on...

Police investigating potential threat to Mayor Rob Ford, family: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-investigating-potential-threat-to-mayor-rob-ford-family-1.1676045

There's has been so many bad press about the Fords concerning various forms of dubious activity that linking 3 of them to publicized "threats" can likely be simple random expectation.....just kidding by the way.

Just sayin'....not particularly thrilled about how/where you edited the segment of my post that you quoted. I intended to present both options...the way you did that readers from this point on get the impression I was only considering one option.

I have adjusted the cited post to reflect the entirety of your balanced observation. No intention to misrepresent your position, just to post a response to that one bit. I trust my edit reflects that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back