120     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 972     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, yeah, I know that I said that the last one was a final thought. But this time I mean it - 100% guaranteed. Trust me on this.

Rob Ford has never, so far as I know, been observed to have worked a day in his life during which he had to have the ability to use a computer. He supposedly was brought into Deco in "sales" and more latterly spent (by his own estimation) about 5 hours per week "doing the books" (which does not imply that he was shock testing a Deco buisness plan for interest rate variables using Excel). It seems to be undoubted that as a councillor he used the telephone, blank sheets of paper and bankers boxes. With a staff to read and compose e-mails there would have been no reason for him to learn to use anything other than a cellphone, whether as mayor or as a councillor. His only apparent interest, other than alcohol, pot and hard drugs, is sports - and for that all he needs is tv, radio and the Sun.

+1

Totally believable.

I used the F-word in front of my mother once. I was too young to know what it meant. But, she made me promise to never use it in front of a woman again.

See, that's kind of sexist. We aren't delicate flowers unable to handle swear words.

Personally, I swear like a sailor and it's taken a great deal of effort and training to not swear here (and a lot of self editing). I don't see what the big deal with swear words is, but I'm okay with respecting what the Mods of the forum want.

How can you possibly be Mayor of a city and an international media spectacle and never google yourself?

About this article: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/1...s-on-rob-ford-crackstarter-campaign-documents

Councillor Doug Ford — the mayor’s campaign manager — denied anyone working for Mayor Ford or himself was directed to keep watch on the website.
How would he even know that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! He's not in the Mayor's office, why would he know what staff were doing, if they were instructed to do it, and why would he be instructed to do it? FFS, grumble, expletive, and so forth.

Last edited:
See, that's kind of sexist. We aren't delicate flowers unable to handle swear words.

Personally, I swear like a sailor and it's taken a great deal of effort and training to not swear here (and a lot of self editing). I don't see what the big deal with swear words is, but I'm okay with respecting what the Mods of the forum want.

How can you possibly be Mayor of a city and an international media spectacle and never google yourself?

You have "people" to Google you for you.

And, hey, over the centuries sailors have invented a considerable part of the words and phrases that form the English language!

I would be surprised if he has read many books, or written many letters.

They compared his handwriting to Mayor Lastman's and the contrast in penmanship was painfully obvious.

I wonder what he would have scored on the civil service exam?

When did that happen, casita? I would like to see both examples.

I think you just described me. The belief that women, as a group, need to take to their fainting couch in the face of such language, is sexist. Personally, I could put a sailor on shore leave to shame, and often must edit myself professionally and socially, depending on the audience. I'm able to do so, when needed. But is it that necessary here? We're all adults. I can't imagine that many children reading this thread.

Ford is only a few years older than me - he MUST know how to operate a computer on a basic level. I was a secretary - ahem, now Executive Assistant - to some uppity ups who never used their computers or who would rather have me read them. It happens, but not with people of Ford's age, unless he's a total idiot, well....

Just not true in my experience. It is easy to underestimate how different our lives can be from each other, even at the same age.

When did that happen, casita? I would like to see both examples.

Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 9.33.16 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 9.33.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 9.33.16 PM.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 598
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back