News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.3K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 904     6 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lisi trial starts today!!!!!

Which brings up a new thought; maybe the "rehab" trip is an excuse to not be available to testify at Lisi's trial? I mean, aside from the theories about the tapes being set up, the reality is he's both been filmed smoking crack and making rude remarks before and didn't go to rehab then. Maybe the difference with now is the timing. (he's not in rehab though, just pretending he is).

I would think that the report that he is returning calls from rehab would negate the excuse that he cannot attend due to treatment - he could give a video testimony.

I would think that the report that he is returning calls from rehab would negate the excuse that he cannot attend due to treatment - he could give a video testimony.

Well yes, but the Fords think that they can pretend Rob is in rehab and an entire city would buy it. I'm sure they think that courts would bend so that "Rob gets better". We're not talking about people with incredible knowledge or respect for the law (and that goes for their lawyer too).

Which brings up a new thought; maybe the "rehab" trip is an excuse to not be available to testify at Lisi's trial? I mean, aside from the theories about the tapes being set up, the reality is he's both been filmed smoking crack and making rude remarks before and didn't go to rehab then. Maybe the difference with now is the timing. (he's not in rehab though, just pretending he is).

I do believe that they are in court to set trial dates. I'm sure I'd read the actual trial won't be until sometime in 2015 9after the election).

I do believe that they are in court to set trial dates. I'm sure I'd read the actual trial won't be until sometime in 2015 9after the election).

Yeah, I seem to remember that too a few weeks ago, that Lisi wouldn't actually be standing trial till several months after the election.

You know, I thought the guy would disappear for a time and we all, opposition and supporters alike, might free ourselves from this strange hold Rob Ford has on us. I removed the bookmark for this forum from the top of my browser, hoping that with time Rob Ford and his demolition derby car wreck reign would become a distant memory for me. But the guy can't even go away for a month properly, has to turn it all into another mystifying episode of "How Stupid Can People Really Be?" and here I am back, obsessively watching for that long-awaited moment when someone will actually stand up to the guy and bring about his well-deserved ignoble end.

You know, I thought the guy would disappear for a time and we all, opposition and supporters alike, might free ourselves from this strange hold Rob Ford has on us. I removed the bookmark for this forum from the top of my browser, hoping that with time Rob Ford and his demolition derby car wreck reign would become a distant memory for me. But the guy can't even go away for a month properly, has to turn it all into another mystifying episode of "How Stupid Can People Really Be?" and here I am back, obsessively watching for that long-awaited moment when someone will actually stand up to the guy and bring about his well-deserved ignoble end.

It's pretty simple, folks: he's not going to get arrested, or "stopped" in any other meaningful way. The only end is the election and this river of sewage will keep on flowing right to Oct. 27.

I don't think so. Pretty sure today's event is merely procedural.

I'm looking forward to the spectacular backlash, spin attempt and succeeding bender Rofo will go on when the world turns on him and Dufus for lying to everyone (and maintaining a charade) about Rofo being in Rehab.

They will both be spectacularly toast!

TPS still has their investigation ongoing. Pretty sure if Rob is using his own cell multiple times it's pinging madly off cell towers and giving police a lovely trail of breadcrumbs leading to his 'rehab' door.

That's a bummer. There won't be any discovery? Nothing but trial dates?

and then this happened. Plea bargain?

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 10.26.59 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 10.26.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 10.26.59 AM.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
Yeah, I seem to remember that too a few weeks ago, that Lisi wouldn't actually be standing trial till several months after the election.

But isn't the crown supposed to disclose it's evidence against Lisi soon? Not sure how that takes place.

Sure hope so!

Kevin Libin ‏@kevinlibin 2m
If #RobFord has a cell phone in alleged rehab, then one presumes fellow patients do too. One addict could be collecting Globe/Star cash soon

That's a bummer. There won't be any discovery? Nothing but trial dates?

Discovery is a process in civil matters, not criminal. But yeah, today is/was supposed to be about process stuff. (I gather it was delayed.) If memory serves, Lisi hasn't even had his prelim to determine if there's sufficient evidence to take the case to full trial. We're still more than a year out from hearing an testimony, in all likelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back