5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 837     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 801     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter or here, I cannot remember, but I have a memory from a couple of weeks back of someone posting of a phone poll about the mayoral candidates, specifically asking if Rob Ford getting treatment would increase the chances of garnering the polled's vote.

$10 now says it was Ford-commissioned, and that the "treatment option" was higher-enough than the crack-Rob for Doug to take notice.

http://globalnews.ca/news/951837/rob-ford-wins-2014-mayoral-race-if-he-goes-to-rehab-poll/

I am well aware of that. My post was in response to questions about what type of passport application was seen the day he left.

Got it. You can't really tell - that's just the standard application form mailing envelope. It means that someone went to a Service Canada office or passport office to pick up a paper form (rather than use that newfangled internet stuff). If it was an emergency on-the-spot passport he would walk out with the passport and wouldn't need the envelope, unless it was just holding the payment receipt. Most likely it was for someone else in the family/entourage to join Ford in the US at a later date.

Not only that, Ford has found efficiencies and cost-cutting measures that have already saved the rehab facility one million dollars.

Yeah - he shortened the Program at the facility and ALSO cut a group rate with a Funeral Home - inefficiencies and savings for EVERYONE!

Mammo who sided with Muzik and supported the EDM ban at exhibition place also wanted to get a red light district going in Toronto....I wonder if these things are linked?

Look up Tim Lambrinos.....ex-chief of staff for Mammolitti and now the head of the Adult Entertainment Association of Canada...

[video=youtube;Q8c_qpX6c0A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8c_qpX6c0A[/video]

This is starting to remind me of Search for Animal Chin. Any skateboarders from the 80s here remember this one?

Spent many hours skipping school and watching that -- among other things.

If that Tim Horton's sighting is real I'll bet we see photos sometime today.

Rob was never going to rehab......and the story fell apart at the border.

Customs: What is the purpose of your visit to the U.S.?

Rob: Rehab. I'm going to rehab. Yeah, that's it, The best rehab ever!

Customs. For what kind of problems?

Rob: Alcohol mostly. A little drugs. Some crack. Only twice though!

Customs: Well, it sounds like your finally making a wise decision, which facility are you going to, so we can call them and verify that you are staying with them.

Rob: Uhm, I'd like to withdraw my application to enter the U.S.

Again, it is not correct that he needed to be excused for today. He will only need to be excused if he misses 3 council meetings in a row.

From what I've seen, it seems to be routine "house keeping" for Council to excuse a Councillor from a meeting due to illness or such. A vote is taken and the absence is always accepted unanimously.

This Toronto Sun thing blows my mind. Rehab isn't amazing. I've had a few friends and even my ex go through rehab. (cocaine). Back in '88 or '89 my ex was admitted to hospital and in less than 24 hours was on a plane to a rehab centre in Houston because of waiting lists here. He was there for 60 or 90 days, I can't remember exactly, but it's tough and they dig deep. Thankfully he took rehab seriously, got one hour a week of supervised phone privileges and he changed his life around when he returned. He still goes to NA meetings to this day. If Rofo is calling constituents, doing media and squealing about how "amazing" rehab is, he is not in rehab.

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.09.54 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.05.49 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.09.54 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.09.54 AM.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 728
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.05.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 9.05.49 AM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 731
Could be an out-patient facility. But I think those were for people who've already completed a long in-patient stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back