334     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 386     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto City Council meets monthly, ergo 3 months in a row and 3 meetings in a row are equivalent.

From the Municipal Act:

Vacant seat

259. (1) The office of a member of council of a municipality becomes vacant if the member,

(a) becomes disqualified from holding the office of a member of council under section 256, 257 or 258;

(b) fails to make the declaration of office before the deadline in section 232;

(c) is absent from the meetings of council for three successive months without being authorized to do so by a resolution of council;

(d) resigns from his or her office and the resignation is effective under section 260;

(e) is appointed or elected to fill any vacancy in any other office on the same council;

(f) has his or her office declared vacant in any judicial proceeding;

(g) forfeits his or her office under this or any other Act; or

(h) dies, whether before or after accepting office and making the prescribed declarations.

Is the talking point still that Rob has a weight problem?

goldsbie 11:32pm via Web
Warmington says Sullie Gorman's was out of chicken wings when he visited because Ford and his friends ate them all the previous night.

Plus Doug has none of Rob's aura of naive bumbling innocence -- he comes across as far more mean and angry.
And that is really saying something. being more mean and angry than Rob Ford is a hell of an accomplishment.

goldsbie 11:32pm via Web
Warmington says Sullie Gorman's was out of chicken wings when he visited because Ford and his friends ate them all the previous night.

Friends? Were Sandro and Payman there? He is not known to have any other friends. (Asked by a reporter why he did not have tickets to the 2nd Raptors home game, his answer was: "No friends.")

Man, I wish I could just jet off to "solve personal issues" whilst still being on the payroll. Sigh, us working-class scum don't get such privilege.

In other news: I personally found Doug having his arse in the "mayor's" chair a bit insulting. Is there no sense of decorum at City Hall? (...never mind...there may have been five years ago)

Also, is there any chance that Mammo will spontaneously combust at any point before his next appearance before a camera? He strikes me as being completely insane.
Didn't he have a chunk of his brain removed a year or so back, and when he returned to city tried to sell himself as a changed man? I think they either took too much out or left too much in.

Last edited:
And that is really saying something. being more mean and angry than Rob Ford is a hell of an accomplishment.

Too right. If I concentrate really hard I can sort of understand how Rob is an actual human who got elected mayor and is still in the 20's or so in 2014 election polls.

But Doug is just a cartoon villain, in a very shitty cartoon. I cannot convince myself that he is real.

Thanks for the clarification pud99.

I thought it was a countdown of sorts and after 3 strikes he's out. Well, hopefully he realises that this is his best opportunity to fix his life and takes his time with rehab (and vacates his seat.)

That would be the best outcome: he sorts himself out, focuses more on his family, and we get to have an election that focuses on policy without buffoonery.

There was mention of a passport application on the dash of either Ford's chief of staff or nephew's car....I don't remember where that detail was printed or mentioned. The simplest explanation was Ford's passport had expired since the Kimmel trip and that his rehab escape occurred before Ford had all the proper documentation.

I like the idea that it was for Mikey, so he could go with and hold his hand.

"Many reporters and columnists succumbed to the Fords’ pity plea. When Rob returns — and he will return — some scribes are already primed to write Rob’s comeback story, plucky guy that he is."
http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/05/05/how-many-times-can-the-fords-play-the-pity-card/

One of those 'scribes' likely has written it already.

ETA: Charlatans - a too little used word, don't you think?

"The charlatans are still selling it. Much of the media is still buying it. ...

Of course, Doug wasn’t going to belatedly do the honourable thing and announce that the jig was finally and emphatically up and that his brother was going to resign and spare Torontonians from having to endure any more revelations about the sordid and contemptible world Rob Ford inhabits.

But there were ‘tells’ that confirmed that Doug’s display of brotherly affection was about as authentic as a Ford apology.

First, Doug was careful not to turn on the waterworks all the way on the “toughest” day of his life. He offered just a hint of emotion to satisfy the media’s need for a defining, ‘poignant’ moment. That done, the big, porcupine-haired softie regained his composure in a nanosecond and asked the media to please “respect” his family’s privacy. I think the Fords long ago forfeited the right to invoke the word “respect” anywhere, at any time, for any purpose.

In any event, Doug’s request is PR code for: We won’t be entertaining or answering questions about fags, wops, jamming female candidates and smoking crack."

Last edited:
Some girl saw Rob Ford at a Toronto Tim Hortons switching into sweatpants or something? It's on Twitter. Who knows how true it is.

I'm not sure. She and a couple of Tim Hortons employees said he was there:

"While many Torontonians continued to wonder where the mayor was, some claimed to have actually seen him in town on Tuesday. Two Tim Hortons employees and a local teenager told CBC News they saw Ford at a Tim Hortons in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto's west end."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tter-councillors-disagree-on-answer-1.2633793

"While many Torontonians continued to wonder where the mayor was, some claimed to have actually seen him in town on Tuesday. Two Tim Hortons employees and a local teenager told CBC News they saw Ford at a Tim Hortons in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto's west end."

Maybe the new one, where the Bakers Dozen used to be.

On the news, I thought I saw Jerry back in uniform at CH. I had assumed he would be driving Norm Kelly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back