5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 805     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 774     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched all the news sites and even dove into the city council meeting site that lists all the motions presented. I couldn't find any mention of whether he was excused.

The only thing I read was early morning articles stating that he would need to be excused at today's council in order to keep his job. There was also some reports on cp24 earlier in the day that some 3 or 4 councillors were fine with excusing him. Yet no follow up after the end of the session.

Maybe it's a given that he'll get excused as a formality and the media just doesn't find it worthwhile to report on it. Odd!

No - he doesn't need to be excused. It's only if he misses for 3 months that he is kicked off council unless excused. Besides, as we all know, Rob will put his amazing attendance record against anyone else on council. He can miss a few, eh.

80s Doug Ford ‏@80sDougFord 46m
Who knew Sandro was a f*ckin' trained therapist? Yeah, so Rob's at his place gettin' like therapy 'n workin' out 'n sh*t #topoli

80s Doug Ford ‏@80sDougFord 5h
Upgrade your Ford! #topoli

80s Doug has risen to the occasion.

I feel kinda bad about that--the man earned a rest and posted a good signoff. But noooooooooooo ... real-life Doug exceeded expectations for being an asshole, which is just, uh, remarkable.

heheeee.....80s Doug is awesome! I want to go hang out with him in Etobicoke parking lots. What a guy!

Hey, Calgarian, if you think Douglas has reached his pinnacle of douchebaggery then you're probably wrong....unfortunately.

Rob speaks to DMW shortly after being admitted to "rehab" (for all anyone knows "rehab" might consist of being hold-up in a no-tell motel by Dundas and 427 with his driver or something) to talk about how he's getting real buff, and DMW tells him about all the bad stuff the councillors will be trying to do in his absence? You'd think these were teenagers and Rob was in Muskoka being a summer camp counsellor before starting university in the fall. The call was just Rob shooting the breeze and catching up with his crew back home.

I'm glad 80's Doug Ford has not given up. Also glad to hear of others on here who've had experience with addiction/rehab (including myself). RoFo didn't realize the gift that was given to him a year ago...admit addiction, go to rehab, be forgiven. Not many of us in real life would have this option. He waited too long.

Rob speaks to DMW shortly after being admitted to "rehab" (for all anyone knows "rehab" might consist of being hold-up in a no-tell motel by Dundas and 427 with his driver or something) to talk about how he's getting real buff, and DMW tells him about all the bad stuff the councillors will be trying to do in his absence? You'd think these were teenagers and Rob was in Muskoka being a summer camp counsellor before starting university in the fall. The call was just Rob shooting the breeze and catching up with his crew back home.

Or a swimming buddy on Toronto Island.

I'm glad 80's Doug Ford has not given up. Also glad to hear of others on here who've had experience with addiction/rehab (including myself). RoFo didn't realize the gift that was given to him a year ago...admit addiction, go to rehab, be forgiven. Not many of us in real life would have this option. He waited too long.

The thing is, Rob has serious psychological afflictions beyond addiction. Rehab isn't going to help him....especially not 30 days of it. He literally needs a couple of years or more of private life and healing....and even that may not fix him up entirely.
Too late is right....this guy needed help when he was 22, forget about now.

Last edited:
heheeee.....80s Doug is awesome! I want to go hang out with him in Etobicoke parking lots. What a guy!

Hey, Calgarian, if you think Douglas has reached his pinnacle of douchebaggery then you're probably wrong....unfortunately.

Haha, I figured out long ago that there is no pinnacle (or nadir, or whatever) for Doug. To infinity and beyond. I'm just freaked out by the speed. In the morning the story about the Chicago turnaround breaks and it's only hours later that Doug is like, "no comment," about running for mayor.

I saw a news video related to this, I can't remember where. One of the cameramen at the scene when Rob departed for his Chicago adventure walked right up to Mike's Camaro -- he had a very clear shot of a passport application on the dash in front of the passenger seat. (Rob left in Jacobs' car with Mike following after them).

Nevertheless, isn't it the case that Rob would have to show a valid passport before being allowed onto a USA-bound flight? (Maybe someone who knows how passport control works when you fly on a private plane could chime in).

I'm just conjecturizing here, but it seems more plausible that Rob did have a valid passport, but the immigration officials in Chicago decided that he inadmissible and then invited him to withdraw his application to enter the country. (And maybe Mike realized that morning that he needed to renew his passport, and thought he would do it after he drove his uncle to the airport :) ).

Unless the charter company was incredibly stupid, there's no way they would take off without Ford carrying a valid passport. If anyone shows up in the US without valid ID the carrier is liable for some pretty stiff fines.

Me too on the 80's Doug, his "shirtless tweets" are some of my faves and the season is just heating up!

I've met a lot of ex-addicts that are still hiding their past and these people are ones that are living a rather unhappy life, always obsessing over a potential relapse, dry drunks etc. Being honest is a F*** of a lot easier than lying/hiding, that's the life I escaped from.

Now to the serious business, if Rub is NOT in rehab I predict 80's Doug Ford will tweet "Best Rehab Never".

Love is never a crime, man.

goldsbie 10:48pm via Web
Warmington on Newstalk: "Is it a crime to be an enabler?"

Last edited:
1: Wow, Warmington is dumb.

2: hahahahahaaaaa...."Best Rehab Never"
I love bedtime laughs. Very good for the soul.

Does anyone know if council excused the mayor's absence at today's meeting and what was the breakdown of the votes on the motion?

I only caught Council from about 2pm, but I don't think they did. Comments I've heard/read indicate there's not going to be a majority vote to excuse him. I was pleased to see Councillor McConnell (an opponent, and whom Ford famously body-slammed when he and brother Doug were heckling the crowd in the Chamber last winter) stated that she will vote to excuse him, without a Dr. note or any further evidence for his leave.

He does not need to be excused from attending individual council meetings. If he misses 3 council meetings in a row (today plus the next two, the last of those three being scheduled for July) then his position will become vacant unless he is excused. That is what some counselors (for instance McConnell) were talking about today.

"So, rumour has it #dougford is going for mayor. Awaiting my twenty"
https://twitter.com/mfp1971/status/463878243301326848

"Many reporters and columnists succumbed to the Fords’ pity plea. When Rob returns — and he will return — some scribes are already primed to write Rob’s comeback story, plucky guy that he is."
http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/05/05/how-many-times-can-the-fords-play-the-pity-card/

"Wait...so, if i'm a City of Toronto employee, i can just take an indefinite paid leave for an undefined reason w/ no proof required?"
https://twitter.com/jim_oleary/status/463879662242770945

"Ford said his brother is working out every day.
“He tells me he’s going to come back a few pounds lighter so that’s good.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:
I searched all the news sites and even dove into the city council meeting site that lists all the motions presented. I couldn't find any mention of whether he was excused.

The only thing I read was early morning articles stating that he would need to be excused at today's council in order to keep his job. There was also some reports on cp24 earlier in the day that some 3 or 4 councillors were fine with excusing him. Yet no follow up after the end of the session.

Maybe it's a given that he'll get excused as a formality and the media just doesn't find it worthwhile to report on it. Odd!

Again, it is not correct that he needed to be excused for today. He will only need to be excused if he misses 3 council meetings in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back