5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 766     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 730     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"While many Torontonians continued to wonder where the mayor was, some claimed to have actually seen him in town on Tuesday. Two Tim Hortons employees and a local teenager told CBC News they saw Ford at a Tim Hortons in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto's west end."

Well, if Jesus is going to go around appearing on toast, why not?

toast.jpg

Attachments

• toast.jpg
    toast.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
I'm not sure. She and a couple of Tim Hortons employees said he was there:

"While many Torontonians continued to wonder where the mayor was, some claimed to have actually seen him in town on Tuesday. Two Tim Hortons employees and a local teenager told CBC News they saw Ford at a Tim Hortons in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto's west end."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tter-councillors-disagree-on-answer-1.2633793

Wow. I challenge any sane person to read from beginning to end of that CBC story and not wonder at least a little about whether some kind of monstrous trolling operation is going on.

The quotes attributed to DMW and Mammo have been widely reported, but what the hell, both quotes are off-the-chart weird, Doug is weirder, and Rob would have something even weirder to say if only he could be found.

And not just Jesus:

elvis-toast.jpg

ETA: Doug says that is just Andy Kaufman.

Attachments

• elvis-toast.jpg
    elvis-toast.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:
Not to forget the BVM:

_40534689_toastie-afp203.jpg

Attachments

• _40534689_toastie-afp203.jpg
    _40534689_toastie-afp203.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 996
Last edited:
Not mentioned: Was pushing JFK in a wheelchair.

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 12.40.21 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 12.40.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 12.40.21 AM.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 888
Oh, come on. "Doug says that is just Andy Kaufman" ought to have receive hosannas for best cultural allusion of the day. I give up on you 'folks', for tonight anyway.

ETA: Sweet dreams, baby.*

*Can't you just hear Roy's voice?

Last edited:
Can't be authentic. Not speaking gibberish on emergence from Tim's toilet.

You just outdid 80's Tug Ford!

Well played sir/madam!

There was mention of a passport application on the dash of either Ford's chief of staff or nephew's car....I don't remember where that detail was printed or mentioned. The simplest explanation was Ford's passport had expired since the Kimmel trip and that his rehab escape occurred before Ford had all the proper documentation.

If Ford's passport expired, he would use a Simplified Renewal Passport Application (http://passport.gc.ca/info/ren.aspx?lang=eng), not pick up a fresh application from the post office. I picked up that application a few years ago -- but that's because my old CDN passport expired in the 1990s! So I was practically a new applicant.

We know Ford's was good in March of this year. As flaky as he is, I doubt he'd let it expire; the Fords like to travel to the U.S. a lot.

And if it was for Mikey, they would have to go to the passport office in person and pay the rush fee to get it approved in 24 hours. Standard application processing time is 10-20 business days.
http://passport.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back