5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 836     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 799     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt Rub would need a medical Detox. I saw people WAY worse than him that were not in the detox ward. There was only one alcoholic there out of close to 120 people that needed a Medical Detox and he was a 60 year old guy that was drinking a 1.75 liter bottle of scotch a day. They still allowed him out to the smoking area a few times a day. Opiate addicts typically spent 3-7 days in Detox. Crack addicts, nope, they just got pills from the pharmacy a few times a day.

P.S. You're welcome L23, glad to share. There is a lot of misinformation about rehab out there, Dr. Drew's show was a disgrace. but that's Hollywood for ya.

Thanks for the information, and congratulations on taking that step - continued good wishes.

Thanks to everyone else for posting all the news. Work was so busy today I barely had time to breathe, never mind check for Rob Ford news, and it's nice to have one spot to come to at the end of the day to catch up.

I agree 100%. I have been through this with more than one very close family member. I think medical detox would be required given the signs I have seen of the level of his addiction, including the shakes that you mention. And another reason I am starting to doubt that he is in rehab is that it is often not the first day or two when the medical risks, such as seizures, are the highest, but in the first week after the first couple of days. You are NOT working out and happily chatting on the phone with colleagues at that point. You can barely eat. When one family member left after 2 days in the hospital, he was required to sign a death waiver.

This is my experience as well, albeit from binge drinking for five days on a beach. Could not eat at all and spent a night having seizures. As far as I can tell, Robbie binge drinks every day.

Does anyone know if council excused the mayor's absence at today's meeting and what was the breakdown of the votes on the motion?

I only caught Council from about 2pm, but I don't think they did. Comments I've heard/read indicate there's not going to be a majority vote to excuse him. I was pleased to see Councillor McConnell (an opponent, and whom Ford famously body-slammed when he and brother Doug were heckling the crowd in the Chamber last winter) stated that she will vote to excuse him, without a Dr. note or any further evidence for his leave.

LOL, nope, just one of many in the same boat. You'd be surprised how many people regularly drink like that, when I got to rehab I thought I was going to be one of the WORST, I was average.

LOL, nope, just one of many in the same boat. You'd be surprised how many people regularly drink like that, when I got to rehab I thought I was going to be one of the WORST, I was average.

I've only known persons who have self-identified as having alcoholic tendencies but hadn't really given any consideration to the volumes involved. Kudos on your recovery....at this point in my life 8 drinks in a week would feel catastrophic. I can't imagine ingesting volumes like you indicated daily....for years.

Fortitude, I'd say.

A family member drank 1.75 litres of wine every day for years, continuing for 4 years after being diagnose with cirrhosis. Some nights he'd cap it if with one or two rum & cokes. When he was told to quit or die, he quit (cold turkey). Apart from eating tons of candy for a few weeks he had no withdrawal symptoms. He still has an enhanced sweet tooth, but at least he's alive.

So look, you guys, this has all turned into crap. The Ford firm is trying to capitalize on the situation and it's probably working for them, and it is the mainstream media that is feeding the fire. More enabling of the Ford firm.

.. this is just shitty. I don't care where Rob is. I just want him to stay the hell away from here forever.

Depends on the person, I drank 10-20 drinks a day everyday for 8 years and didn't need a medical detox.

This one is going out to RobHab.

There stands the glass ...
That will ease all my pain ...
That will settle my brain ...
It's my first one to day ...
There stands the glass ...
That will hide all my tears ...
That will drown all my fears ...
Brother, I'm on my way. ... ...

CHORUS
I'm wond'ring where you are tonight
I'm wond'ring if you are all right
I wonder if you think of me
In my mis-e-ry
There stands the glass
Fill it up to the brim
Till my troubles grow dim
It's my first one to day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuTeDUPljQ

Last edited:
A family member drank 1.75 litres of wine every day for years, continuing for 4 years after being diagnose with cirrhosis. Some nights he'd cap it if with one or two rum & cokes. When he was told to quit or die, he quit (cold turkey). Apart from eating tons of candy for a few weeks he had no withdrawal symptoms. He still has an enhanced sweet tooth, but at least he's alive.

I'm grateful that I was never able to let myself go down that far. It was always only on week-ends. The meth and the booze. Still drink...even binge sometimes (strictly week-ends and holidays), but I always stop full out for a month or two when things get a bit much. The meth was easy to quit. Now, if only I could say the same about nicotine.

All of this is irrelevant, of course, because our dear mayor is nowhere near rehab.

There was mention of a passport application on the dash of either Ford's chief of staff or nephew's car....I don't remember where that detail was printed or mentioned. The simplest explanation was Ford's passport had expired since the Kimmel trip and that his rehab escape occurred before Ford had all the proper documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back