184     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jerry A, your boss uses the n- word.

Hey Frances N, Joe P, Georgio M....etc, your boss uses the d- and w- word.

Etc.

Hey EVERYBODY, the mayor of Toronto uses racist, mysogynistic, homophobic and threatening words!

That is all!

So much for my guess. I doubt that they'll arrest Ford on an election day (not that I'm sure he'll be arrested at all).

I posted it on the last page. So here's an article from a different paper:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...uments/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"He could not figure out how to exit the front doors, so the guard walked over and showed him the handicap exit button. The mayor told him to “take care brother†as he spat on the ground, and walked towards the cafe, the report states."

This scene must be in the movie and actually with Woody Harrelson (sp) as Ford

I hope Soknaki drops out of the race soon enough to get his supporters behind Chow, that would seal it for an end to this complete debacle.

No apologies...ever.

cristina_CP24 3:53pm via Twitter for iPhone
City Manager asked Ford to apologize to security for his actions on March 15th. City spokesperson says Mayor has not apologized.

What should they have done? I thought that by limiting his powers, they did as much as they could under current regulations.
I'd be happy with them just outing it -- making it public knowledge. I don't know if calling police is necessary and I don't know what are their HR policies, but at least get it out there for everyone to know and, as the Fords would say, let the people decide.

I hope Soknaki drops out of the race soon enough to get his supporters behind Chow, that would seal it for an end to this complete debacle.

I don't know that he has a lot of supporters right now.
Nothing is going to be "sealed" in May... or June for that matter. It's too soon to get excited and nothing is worse than peaking early.

He's in awe of him. Thinks it's cool to be friends with the mayor.

I think it's mutual. Lisi is not really a mob guy, but (according to JimmiT) he's got an uncle who might be... he's been in a room with those guys. etc. Lisi probably portrays himself as more 'connected' than he really is.

Ford is impressed with his dealer being "mob"; Lisi is impressed with his client being the Mayor.

Like I said earlier, hob-nobbing with the Fords is certainly going to be the highest Lisi ever gets on the social ladder. Why, being a flunky of the Mayor himself makes Lisi important, don'cha know. And that's in addition to the very significant motives that would animate Lisi on a more mercenary level.

Mind you, if Rofo's been treating Lisi this shabbily all along, something's bound to snap. Especially if 'loyal' Lisi senses the end might be near.

Like I said earlier, hob-nobbing with the Fords is certainly going to be the highest Lisi ever gets on the social ladder. Why, being a flunky of the Mayor himself makes Lisi important, don'cha know. And that's in addition to the very significant motives that would animate Lisi on a more mercenary level.

Mind you, if Rofo's been treating Lisi this shabbily all along, something's bound to snap. Especially if 'loyal' Lisi senses the end might be near.

Scare quotes well-warranted. He's so loyal, he's nicknamed "the rat!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back