93     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that's the final destination. Hole him up in Dougie's Chicago place and when the 72 hours is done, move him to Minnesota. Keeps the media eye in Chicago.

DAMN, themarc beat me to it.

Hazelden offers medically supervised detox.

From the Globe article:
In response, the city’s top executives, including city manager Joe Pennachetti met with Mr. Ford in his office in the following days, asking for an apology to security staff.

With Ford gone and City Hall reporters looking for something to do (Don Peat is tweeting status updates on the health of Mayor Ford's fish :rolleyes: ), may I suggest the press descend upon city manager Joe Pennachetti and ask why he allowed the CH security staff to be repeatedly abused and threatened by Ford.

With Ford gone and City Hall reporters looking for something to do (Don Peat is tweeting status updates on the health of Mayor Ford's fish :rolleyes: ), may I suggest the press descend upon city manager Joe Pennachetti and ask why he allowed the CH security staff to be repeatedly abused and threatened by Ford.

Yeah, asking the mayor to apologize for threatening city staff is not an acceptable response. Police should have been called and HR should have been involved in some kind of formalized and documented disciplinary process. If HR doesn't deal with the elected officials, council should have been made aware that they need to take public action to move motions to stop this behavior from a member of their body. If *any* councilors were aware of threatening behaviour, shame on them for not making it public before now.

Anybody still have any sympathy at all for Rob Ford the person? Mine was gone long ago but just wondering if there was still some kicking around.

Threatening to "get" city hall security staff is very likely the most outrageous and repugnant thing Rob Ford has done so far (that we know of).

We already knew he was abusive to his staff as well as people he considered beneath him, didn't we? (It seemed a pretty safe assumption to me.) Now that the ugly details are coming out, it will be interesting to see how many of his mouth-breathing supporters continue to insist that Ford's the real victim here.

Meanwhile, if a sex tape of Pig Face and Rat Face really does exist - or any kind of a sex tape of Ford with anybody, really - I think it would be made a lot more bearable to watch if some clever clogs added wacky Hanna Barbera-esque sound effects to it. And some circus carousel music.

And finally, if Rofo returns from his breif exile a couple of hundred pounds lighter, I'm going to assume liposuction was involved.

Yeah, asking the mayor to apologize for threatening city staff is not an acceptable response. Police should have been called and HR should have been involved in some kind of formalized and documented disciplinary process. If HR doesn't deal with the elected officials, council should have been made aware that they need to take public action to move motions to stop this behavior from a member of their body. If *any* councilors were aware of threatening behaviour, shame on them for not making it public before now.

Are elected officials subject to the usual HR disciplinary processes? I would have thought not.

We already knew he was abusive to his staff as well as people he considered beneath him, didn't we? (It seemed a pretty safe assumption to me.) Now that the ugly details are coming out, it will be interesting to see how many of his mouth-breathing supporters continue to insist that Ford's the real victim here.

I think we knew he was abusive to his staff in sort of a "nasty boss" type of way... but threatening to "get" someone.. to me that's a whole new ballgame.

Meanwhile, if a sex tape of Pig Face and Rat Face really does exist - or any kind of a sex tape of Ford with anybody, really - I think it would be made a lot more bearable to watch if some clever clogs added wacky Hanna Barbera-esque sound effects to it. And some circus carousel music.

Perhaps "Yakety Sax"?

http://youtu.be/tNBL5OMeuno

Last edited:
As the degree of rob's nastiness continues to surface I really do think councilors have to be taken to task for permitting it to go on as long as it has. I personally hope there is a housecleaning during the next election.

I wonder if the media filed an FOI for the night of the Leafs game to see if anyone else signed in with him upon his return, and also to see when the Escalade left.

As the degree of rob's nastiness continues to surface I really do think councilors have to be taken to task for permitting it to go on as long as it has. I personally hope there is a housecleaning during the next election.

What should they have done? I thought that by limiting his powers, they did as much as they could under current regulations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back