187     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the city manager knew about threats to staff!

Maybe someone should remind him about violence in the workplace legislation.....geez, threats in the workplace require police investigation. TPS.....where are you? G20 leader Blair, where are you?

The bro's behaviour is bad enough, but we also have complacent apathetic aides, city managers and police letting them get away with this crap! WTF!

I would have like to see council having taken advantage of every formal procedure possible to bring his behaviour to light. Hold him accountable and don't let up. Ask the questions in the media.

I was re-reading the transcript of robbie's latest bender and one thing sticks out -- besides the admission that 'fuck bro I pound this everyday.'

Given how many times he was photographed exchanging envelopes with Lisi anyone have any guesses as to what this bit means?

FORD: Guys think I’m carrying an ... There’s no envelope, there’s no secret service. I’m him. I’m him. I don’t, there’s no secret service, I’m him. He just thinks he’s secret service … I’m not a normal mayor. You know what? I am not the normal mayor. I’m not the normal mayor.

I think the only thing that could really hurt his popularity with FN would be a sex tape with a guy. Even as unpredictable as Rob is, I believe he is straight.

"The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy".
Governor Edwin Edwards of Louisisana.

Last edited:
What should they have done? I thought that my limiting his powers, they did as much as they could under current regulations.

They are the professionals who should have creative ideas, but they have plenty of power to make both symbolic and meaningful gestures to end this activity, including moving that he be asked to leave council chambers during a meeting and that he apologize for actions both inside and outside council chambers. (they ask him to apologize about heckling stuff all the time)

It's hard to know how much individual councilors knew or know about Ford's behaviour though.

I'm of the opinion they should have called on the provincial government to remove Ford when the opportunity presented itself, personally. His 'Kuwait' speech was proof positive that the CEO of the city was actively engaged to stop the business of government from proceeding. No private board on earth would've stood for that kind of speech from an executive, and even the most hardened party politics based provincial or federal government would've moved no confidence after a performance like that.

I posted it on the last page. So here's an article from a different paper:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...uments/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ok then, I think someone in City Hall HR needs to be fired ....

Under both the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) the employer has a duty to ensure a workplace is free of workplace harassment and violence. There is a duty to deal with this behaviour, even if it means bringing the police in.

Hopefully, the "leave of absence" will create an environment where people are more likely to finally speak up and deal with the harassment. Given the nature of some of the abuse, it should be police that is brought in. Seriously, enough is enough.

And for anyone that wonders why the "mayor" took a personal leave the answer is simple. Both short term disability, and subsequently, long term disability require proof of disability which includes, but is not limited to being under the care and supervision of appropriate medical practitioners, verifiable proof one is following prescribed treatment protocols and insurers access to all related medical files. In other words, there is no privacy from the insurer. The insurer reserves the right at any point to require second opinions.

Off to the beach now ...

PS no wonder Robbie et. al. Kept a leave in the back pocket ... Their fear was a leave would bring out all the crap peopled feared to disclose while he was still there. Last resort strategy for a losing incumbent.

Now off to beach for real.

Last edited:
Are elected officials subject to the usual HR disciplinary processes? I would have thought not.

If they are entitled to severance they surely are entitled to follow HR rules many of which are based on legal obligations. Elected officials DO NOT get a free pass on observing OHRC, WSIB etc. the fact Robbie has gotten away with illegal crap is exactly why we are here today.

The only way he is polling that high is if it's a a Forum poll.

I loved Wormtongue on CP24 last night "Some people say he's polling around 22-27%" followed a few seconds later by "he's getting about 37% of the vote now, when he comes out of rehab that'll shoot up!"

I'd love to see which poll gives him 37% right now.

It's insane how often this guy gets protected. Between security and the executives, someone should have alerted police in regards to the threats.

I would imagine the threat will be investigated now, though.

I loved Wormtongue on CP24 last night "Some people say he's polling around 22-27%" followed a few seconds later by "he's getting about 37% of the vote now, when he comes out of rehab that'll shoot up!"

I'd love to see which poll gives him 37% right now.

I believe the most recent forum research poll of 800 people (in Scarborough, with landlines, at home at two in the afternoon and over the age of fifty with a grade nine education) put him at about 35 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back