5.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 776     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being friendly to developers? Yeah, unless it's in his ward like Humbertown. He like to talk the good talk, but when push comes to shove he is as much a NIMBY as anyone else. But of course, it's not like there is much happening in his ward now is there?

AoD

Humbertown is the textbook definition of NIMBY - "let's say no to a development of 10-story condos on a property already surrounded by 10-story condos so that we can keep driving to our shitty 60-year old strip mall".

“Too big. Too dense. Too tall,†was the message coming from residents of Humber Valley Village as the council considered a proposal that would add 604 new residential units to the area, which is currently home to 1,600 dwellings.

OTOH, that neighbourhood is already at capacity for things that are too big and too dense.

The Fords live in Ward 4, and consider GLL a nuisance. Their attitude seems to be that it is their ward by rights. Both Doug and Rob Ford were outspoken regarding Humbertown. So was the actual Councillor, of course.

https://twitter.com/CBCToronto/status/458250164797317120/photo/1

‏@CBCToronto

"CLOSED BY ROB FORD" - the message on Fire Station 424 on Runnymede Road, which closes today.
http://www.cbc.ca/1.2616472 pic.twitter.com/mucDFbpRZS

closed fire stn.jpg

Attachments

• closed fire stn.jpg
    closed fire stn.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,085
"CLOSED BY ROB FORD" - the message on Fire Station 424 on Runnymede Road, which closes today.
http://www.cbc.ca/1.2616472 pic.twitter.com/mucDFbpRZS

I live in that Ward, so I'm sorry to see it go. But, there are already three other fire stations within a two kilometre radius of this firehouse.

It was built in 1927 from the plans of an existing firehouse in Florida. "This was the first fire station in the city designed to house internal combustion engined apparatus, although it was initially equipped with older "hand-me-down" vehicles from busier stations (the current pumper is only the second unused vehicle ever assigned to the station)."

Last edited:
The Fords live in Ward 4, and consider GLL a nuisance. Their attitude seems to be that it is their ward by rights. Both Doug and Rob Ford were outspoken regarding Humbertown. So was the actual Councillor, of course.

Yeah they did real good didn't they....682 units to 650 units...21 floors to 12 floors...what is that a 5% reduction in density and still have 21,387sqm retail however there is 35 senior citizen units or dwellings that are lost as well as a proportionate dollar value of Section 37 money...they got their height limit though didn't they....It really doesn't make a difference because height precedent has already set across the road at The James Club....

905ers are still giving him money. What a joke.

Please stop saying that like the 905 is some monolithic hive of Ford support.

The ones giving him money are almost exclusively Conservative Party members. Big donators are often Developers looking to get projects done in the city, and the smaller donators drunk on the Con KoolAid, are doing it (against their own best interest) to screw Toronto.

I can never wrap my reason around allowing campaign contributions from not citizens/residents. It's never seem fair to me, or makes sense.

I'd be more concerned about Mammoliti filming people at Pride ... Not to get too off-topic, but Sotiropoulos seems like a one-issue candidate, fixating on one event outside the school year that the TDSB is associated with along with many other entities. I have not heard one word from him about anything related to education (except maybe 'My god, these other trustees are awful and they make me want to puke') and I suspect he is running interference for someone. Suddenly public nudity has become a dog-whistle for social conservatives and the Fordite trolls on Twitter are clamouring for the law regarding public nudity to be enforced at Pride. What gives?

It' all about morals, family morals, and Fords camp is using them to do the diversion, FUD, two-step.

Why would developers give him money this time? He's proven that he can't get anything done in council, he's useless to developers. That's why they're selling the bubbleheads and t-shirts:rolleyes:

We will see exactly whom and and how much, as usual, all we have are "Ford" numbers.

But look at all those cranes in the sky, right?

We know that the "1000" jobs are just another "Ford" number, however, my question is if the jobs in question are "new" jobs, and how many are filled by Torontonians.

Last edited:
We know that the "1000" jobs are just another "Ford" number, however, my question is if the jobs in question are "new" jobs, and how many are filled by Torontonians.

Regardless of the number, Robbie had zilch to do with them, just like he didn't have any involvement in setting global interest rates.

I live in that Ward, so I'm sorry to see it go. But, there are already three other fire stations within a two kilometre radius of this firehouse.
I just find it interesting that they are blaming Ford, when, obviously, he wouldn't be solely responsible.
I wonder if this is the sign we have all been looking for (or at least me lol) when people start publically turning on him en masse.
It is easter, after all. If Ford plays Jesus, saving us all from the Roman elites, who will play Judas, or Pontius Pilate?

...there are already three other fire stations within a two kilometre radius of this firehouse...

something something...facts...something something...good story!

I doubt the sign would have gone up if it weren't for the serious blunder of the truck at the launch. Then Doug's incendiary comments:
We don’t always agree with the public sector labour leadership. And do you know what’s amazing? Sixty per cent of union members don’t agree with their leaders. On top of it, they don’t even want to belong to the union,

Last edited:
I just find it interesting that they are blaming Ford, when, obviously, he wouldn't be solely responsible.
I wonder if this is the sign we have all been looking for (or at least me lol) when people start publically turning on him en masse.
It is easter, after all. If Ford plays Jesus, saving us all from the Roman elites, who will play Judas, or Pontius Pilate?

I took a walk past #424 this A.M.

For some unknown reason, this scene played in my mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBpNTEaRTI

"You see that glow in the corner of your eye. It's your career dissapation light and it's going into high gear."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back