231     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 241     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.8K     6 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goody - here comes a 5 page smackdown on photographers' rights.

If you camp out in front of their office every day (which is your right), don't be surprised if they try to bait you into losing your shit (which is sleazy but that's how this stuff works). It's like basketball - If you want to play you need to be ready for some incidental contact, even if it's not physical.

Hahaha... point taken. I'll stop. Maybe the issue is I'm a rugby player, not basketball... 'incidental conduct' has a more... flexible... meaning in my game. ;-) But I still maintain that what Ford did was really terrible and he should have been called on it at the time, not weeks later.

How does such a wealthy man reach such an age without investing in orthodontic appliances?

edit: He's got enough space there to fly the Millennium Falcon through

Last edited:
Hey hey, a Ford selfie showed up on Instagram, same tie he was wearing earlier today, and it was taken right outside Richview Cleaners.

http://instagram.com/p/m_C8KzKyV8/

Probably doesn't mean anything, but it is kind of funny.

Here are Jean March's comments:
jeanmarcgrise
5 hours ago
Rob Ford <3 . Basically felt like a little girl meeting JB . Here's to the man that gives back so much love to his city. And is one of the most REAL politicians in office who truly works for interests of the people.

He looks like a teenager (maybe early 20s at most) so I guess his ignorance could be chalked up to that. But there are older people who think just like him.
At first I wanted to help them to understand the totality of the Ford experience. Surely, they would change their minds once they actually knew what Ford was about? But now I feel like they are a lost cause. Sad.

Just saw this on twitter. (Thanks Chris!)

Chris Caple ‏@chriscaple 27m
What, in your opinion, do Rob Ford fans mean when they gush that he's "real" or "so real" or "one of the most REAL politicians out there"?

John G. Young ‏@JohnGYoung2 24m
@chriscaple Time to stop mincing words about this.

John G. Young ‏@JohnGYoung2 15m
@chriscaple But to put it more clearly (and less profanely), about 15% of the population are active alcoholics. FN base support about 15%.

Just saw this on twitter. (Thanks Chris!)

Chris Caple ‏@chriscaple 27m
What, in your opinion, do Rob Ford fans mean when they gush that he's "real" or "so real" or "one of the most REAL politicians out there"?

John G. Young ‏@JohnGYoung2 24m
@chriscaple Time to stop mincing words about this.

John G. Young ‏@JohnGYoung2 15m
@chriscaple But to put it more clearly (and less profanely), about 15% of the population are active alcoholics. FN base support about 15%.

There are a lot of functional (and dysfunctional) alcoholics who don't support Ford. There are also the inactive/recovering alcoholics, many (most?) of whom wouldn't support Ford. Empathy/sympathy for this a hole doesn't necessarily translate to voting.

Daniel Dale, thursday
The city ombudsman is preparing to release a damaging report that could cost Toronto Community Housing Corp. chief executive officer Gene Jones his job.
The report, to be made public Tuesday morning, will reveal the results of ombudsman Fiona Crean’s investigation into the TCHC’s hiring, firing and promotion practices during Jones’s high-turnover two-year tenure. Two sources said the report will describe multiple alleged improprieties by senior executives — and that Jones could be at risk of being fired by the board of directors.
Today's Sun environment day report
Another woman led Ford and his entourage of staffers, as well as most of the media, to a nearby Toronto Community Housing building where Ford knocked on doors and heard people’s complaints...
Afterward, Ford had a “quick conversation” with TCHC CEO Gene Jones on the phone.
“I’ve brought this to his attention and he’s said it will be fixed immediately and he’s a man of his word, he gets it done,” Ford said.
Ford, Feb. 12th,
No one has been in more Toronto Community Housing buildings than I have.
So, hopefully Tuesday will rock the TCHC vote.

Last edited:
Smith didn't make the video, though. And he was not recorded in any of the conversations about $5,000 and a car.

ETA @sweetlou: just like on a lot of other days.
Some think Siad borrowed Smiths phone to film the crack video and that he might be in the missing video file

As someone who likes to engage in street photography - no, it's not. It's really not. If you don't want to be photographed, don't go out in public. It's perfectly legal to take a picture of someone in public. 100%.

I carry thousands of dollars of camera equipment with me. If you knocked it out of my hands, I would press criminal charges and I would sue you in civil court. And I would win.

It's illegal for public employees acting in a professional capacity to take your photo outside of the legislative boundaries in MFIPPA, if you are in a City of Toronto establishment such as City Hall. I doubt you could smack the camera away, but if a mayoral staffer is taking pictures of identifiable individuals without their consent (established via a posted and valid notice of collection that applies to that specific type of collection, not just collection in general), then that would likely be illegal and there would be grounds for complaints.

I know he was trying to intimidate, but that in itself is not criminal (or grounds for a civil suit) unless you asked him to stop and he continued. Attacking him (or his camera) is not the answer, and would only get *you* in hot water.

Maybe you should read the Code.

180. Common nuisance

180. (1) Every one who commits a common nuisance and thereby

(a) endangers the lives, safety or health of the public, or

(b) causes physical injury to any person,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

Definition

(2) For the purposes of this section, every one commits a common nuisance who does an unlawful act or fails to discharge a legal duty and thereby

(a) endangers the lives, safety, health, property or comfort of the public;or

(b) obstructs the public in the exercise or enjoyment of any right that is common to all the subjects of Her Majesty in Canada.

Last edited:
Personally, I just don't understand the appeal of Rob in any case: neither looks nor personality, at least not now. Maybe he was once a catch ...

He always had money. And Renata may not have felt she had a lot of options after her first marriage failed (allegedly due to her substance abuse issues).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back