11     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 374     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have drawn a distinction between commenting on Rob Ford's deficiencies as a father versus actually making fun of the physical appearance of his kids, which is what happened a couple of pages back to spark this whole discussion. If you can't draw this kind of distinction, then yes, you should probably just not talk about his kids at all.

FFS, if we can't hold onto the moral high ground over a guy who quite possibly engineered a prison beating, we're in rough shape.
Some people seem to be 4chan ex-pats (no judgement, of course :)) and don't yet know how to behave with women or kids.

Another reason to avoid picking on Rofo's spawn: It's exactly the sort of thing he'll seize upon to start screeching about how persecuted he is. "You see what those commie pinko elitists are doin' to me now?!?! I'm History's Greatest Victim! Waaaaaahh!!!!!!"

Another reason to avoid picking on Rofo's spawn: It's exactly the sort of thing he'll seize upon to start screeching about how persecuted he is. "You see what those commie pinko elitists are doin' to me now?!?! I'm History's Greatest Victim! Waaaaaahh!!!!!!"

Remember, he is just like the rest of us, the common folk, just an average guy. However, in reality, hypocrisy rules.

His efforts of rising above his own ignorance is an epic fail.

---

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h
Just saw a group of adults boo a child on Bay St. in a Vince Carter jersey (and it was kind of fantastic)

Last edited:

Attachments

• saturday.jpg
    saturday.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
I don't know about that logic. So, if I haven't been a serial murderer or rapist, I can't judge them? By your logic, we can't judge anything outside of our own personal experience.

I think the point is to judge the partner or children of abuse is somewhat inappropriate as you have no idea what the demons are they are struggling with. Some of us have walked in those shoes and know it is not clear cut. I grew up with a father like Rob. An abusive drunken bully. I vowed no man would ever treat me that way and no man has because I made sure I always could take care of myself and would never put myself in the position my step mother found herself in: reliant on her husband. She had no out. She was isolated and afraid of losing her son as my own mother lost me thanks to the vindictiveness of my bully father. And even though I broke free of the cycle of abuse the reality is, I have had many demons to overcome, years of therapy, periods of depression and extreme caution in getting close to people. So yeah, judging abuse victims if you've not been there done that may not be best. It's easy to comment, not so easy to extricate oneself if you are the one living it.

Personally, I just don't understand the appeal of Rob in any case: neither looks nor personality, at least not now. Maybe he was once a catch ...

Is Rob Ford going deaf, or is he just completely unable to come up with an off-the-cuff response to a simple question? I've seen him mis-hear (intentionally?) quite a few questions recently, and just now I saw a CityTV reporter ask him what he intended do do with all those Easter eggs. He answered "Spend it with my family".

"All thousands of them?" she responded. And she was like two feet from him and there was not a lot of surrounding noise.

There was also the Metro Morning interview when Ford brought up his "cranes in the sky" talking point and Matt asked how many of those cranes Ford was "personally responsible" for, which Ford apparently heard as "irresponsible". In that case he expressed bafflement and frustration about how Matt could call that irresponsible, so I think he truly misheard and was responding to what he heard (as opposed to merely ignoring the question and spewing out a talking point).

That is cute "the cranes in the sky" talking point....if there one place a definitive number could be found for R Ford I would think it would be UT...there should be info in the Projects and Construction forums covering all approvals 2010/2014 all starts 2010/2014 and how many towers are involved as well as comparisons for each mayor's term dating back to Almagamation....or maybe someone has fine toothed the DataBase and the information is at their fingertips
Am I wrong?

Does anyone here subscribe to the Globe and Mail? I've been thinking about it.

Sorry Beez (& everyone else for the late reply) but I do get the G&M. I'm sufficiently old school to enjoy the paper edition and share with the girls at breakfast. Online, Unlimited has some very decent columns/insights for investors & I get Southey's weekly column a day early.

That is cute "the cranes in the sky" talking point....if there one place a definitive number could be found for R Ford I would think it would be UT...there should be info in the Projects and Construction forums covering all approvals 2010/2014 all starts 2010/2014 and how many towers are involved as well as comparisons for each mayor's term dating back to Almagamation....or maybe someone has fine toothed the DataBase and the information is at fingertips
Am I wrong?

Timely article from the CBC regarding this talking point and Rob's claim that each crane represents 1000 jobs:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/rob-ford-s-cranes-in-the-sky-line-examined-by-economists-1.2607440

Last edited:
If Ford's staffers are taking pictures of the public while acting in a professional capacity (i.e. if requested by Ford), a member of the public could theoretically file a complaint to the privacy commissioner. It's very unlikely that the video surveillance notice of collection At city hall allows for that kind of collection, so it could be an illegal collection of personal information.

This is a question I've been meaning to ask: are these guys really that intimidating? Why doesn't someone slap the phone from the guy's hand? If some jerk was taking a photo of me, regardless of circumstance, without my permission, he'd be eating the camera. WTF?

This is a question I've been meaning to ask: are these guys really that intimidating? Why doesn't someone slap the phone from the guy's hand? If some jerk was taking a photo of me, regardless of circumstance, without my permission, he'd be eating the camera. WTF?

Because if you react, they will turn it around and make themselves the victims. The best thing you can do when they're taking pics of sitters is nothing. Besides, unless you're taking pictures of people in their house, there is nothing to prevent a person from taking your picture.

Also, Graeme has stopped a lot of the silly stuff since his movements are always tweeted. He watches the RFMG twitter feed like a hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back