News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.6K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewaredoug.gif

Photo ops are not part of normal family life, to keep context, does Dougie do the same thing with his family? Since he does not then I would come to the conclusion that it is not a given in a political family, and that it is parenting choice.

Everyone enjoys an opinion, right or wrong in the eyes of the MOD.

If sexual comments or insinuation of violence were used then I would call foul, and rightfully so, but getting back to my comment to Pattty... why not include Renata in you condemnation? If Robbie is fair game but not his family, then what are you promoting?

Renata is an adult. She doesn't have to make public appearances, but she has agreed to. Rob's children -- like all children -- are innocent. They don't have the same mental capacity for making informed decisions that grown ups do. Being a young child, what choice did Stephanie have but to attend? If Rob said she was going with him and Renata that evening, then she had to go.

Not that I'm a big fan of talking badly about children and usually I would argue that they have no place in this conversation, but the reality is that Rob's behaviour effects them and who they are going to become in the future. I think it's always important to remember that this is a man who is a father, who actually has little beings that share his dna being raised by him. When you think about the fact that this is a man with two children, his behaviour is all the more unacceptable. So while I don't think we should be insulting them (although the daughters behaviour at the Staples trip was questionable and offputting) I think that they are a necessary part of this conversation.

Just my 2 cents.

Renata is an adult. She doesn't have to make public appearances, but she has agreed to. Rob's children -- like all children -- are innocent. They don't have the same mental capacity for making informed decisions that grown ups do. Being a young child, what choice did Stephanie have but to attend? If Rob said she was going with him and Renata that evening, then she had to go.

I wholeheartedly agree that his kids should NOT be a subject on UT.

I posted a salacious image of Rub and Renate with a nasty caption that garnered a LOT of hate. I asked AOD to delete it once I saw how opposed other UT'ers were to it, he didn't.

What surprised me was how many posters see Renate as some "victim". She's not, she's an enabler, I'd love to hear from the ladies here that would put up wiith their husbands consorting with convicted crack addicted prostitutes, gangbanger's and guys that are convicted of threatening death to ex-gf's.

My ex works in a woman's shelter and she's seen it all and I've heard first hand how some women can never leave their abusers. Her worst charge was a woman that showed up a week before Christmas with a 2 year old in tow, blackend eyes, bruises, a garbage bag of belongings yet she professed "he's under a lot of stress", "He's really trying to change", He's a good father", "He loves me". After counselling and lots of leg work she was settled in Ontario Housing with reg visits but drifted back to her abuser, only to repeat this 3 times over seven years and added 2 more children to the mix, all of who showed aberrant behaviour consistent with an abusive household.

Renate is no victim, the kids are.

No, she didn't have to go, she could have said no, just like anyone could have, including children. If Robbie forced her then that would constitute child abuse. Robbie has stated that he shields his kids from politics, that's interesting since he uses her to promote his agenda.

Anyway, all this is besides the point that someone made an opinion about a child's eyes in relation to a parent. They are entitled to their opinion just like all of us, and using derogatory terms to describe their actions was not needed. You can simply state that you don't agree and that you don't like including children in politics, others have.

To end my part in this, just for the record, if I support adma or not is immaterial to me, it's his right to an opinion without promoting violence of any kind. As per usual, the MODs make the final decision on any opinion or conduct.

IMO, there's a big difference between criticizing Ford as a parent, speculating about the effects of his actions on his kids, etcetera, versus posting pics of the kids or making fun of them. I think in the last couple of pages, the line got crossed.

No, she didn't have to go, she could have said no, just like anyone could have, including children. If Robbie forced her then that would constitute child abuse. Robbie has stated that he shields his kids from politics, that's interesting since he uses her to promote his agenda.

Anyway, all this is besides the point that someone made an opinion about a child's eyes in relation to a parent. They are entitled to their opinion just like all of us, and using derogatory terms to describe their actions was not needed. You can simply state that you don't agree and that you don't like including children in politics, others have.

To end my part in this, just for the record, if I support adma or not is immaterial to me, it's his right to an opinion without promoting violence of any kind. As per usual, the MODs make the final decision on any opinion or conduct.

Parent's forcing their children to go out with them isn't child abuse. What a ridiculous statement. They're kids. They don't have the same rights as adults. So long as their parents aren't harming them, they have to do what they're told when they're underage. That includes going places they don't want to go.

Your parents never made you go some place you didn't want to go?

Neither does Rob :D

In my opinion, if Robbie trots out his family, and constantly uses them for his own agenda then they are fair game for comments, if they are in proper context.

Ford's children being scrutinised based on their looks or any other aspect is neither fair nor game.

Last edited:
Is Rob Ford going deaf, or is he just completely unable to come up with an off-the-cuff response to a simple question? I've seen him mis-hear (intentionally?) quite a few questions recently, and just now I saw a CityTV reporter ask him what he intended do do with all those Easter eggs. He answered "Spend it with my family".

"All thousands of them?" she responded. And she was like two feet from him and there was not a lot of surrounding noise.

Is Rob Ford going deaf, or is he just completely unable to come up with an off-the-cuff response to a simple question? I've seen him mis-hear (intentionally?) quite a few questions recently, and just now I saw a CityTV reporter ask him what he intended do do with all those Easter eggs. He answered "Spend it with my family".

"All thousands of them?" she responded. And she was like two feet from him and there was not a lot of surrounding noise.
Actually, though I don't recommend the experience, the thing that fascinated me about the Jenny video from the launch was how she was on stage pacing behind him, and tried to serenade him, but Rob was just oblivious. But maybe they just tossed her a lip-synched performance as a bone, and he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge her slavish stadium-rocker.

Last edited:

So I was looking at this instagram photo of RoFo and someone made a comparison to Rush Limbaugh and noted the following: "Rush / Rob ...either way. I mean one smokes crack & runs a major city and one loses his hearing to overdosing on Oxy & has a radio show. Potato / Potatoe"

I did a bit of googling and apparently hearing loss is a pretty common side effect of prescription meds like Oxy. now that you've mentioned it I've seen a lot of interviews with RoFo where a reporter asks something and he just kinda smiles like an idiot. Combined with the constant sweating... it all kinda makes sense.

Actually, though I don't recommend the experience, the thing that fascinated me about the Jenny video from the launch was how she was on stage pacing behind him, and tried to serenade him, but Rob was just oblivious. But maybe they just tossed her a lip-synched performance as a bone, and he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge her slavish stadium-rocker.

No he has no social graces, oblivious fits his M.O. to a T. He is a classless buffoon, and has the focus of a 3 year old. If it's not bright & shiny or vodka, or crack, or what the hell ever script med that he can get his hands on, or KFC or a homemade double with cheese and bacon at Steak Queen with fries and gravy or what the hell ever else he has no self control over... he's not interested. Unless you want a picture... And all ya all, leave his kids out of this, here, just like he leaves them out of his world, everywhere but these events.

/that last bit, may not actually be a bad thing, btw

Parent's forcing their children to go out with them isn't child abuse. What a ridiculous statement. They're kids. They don't have the same rights as adults. So long as their parents aren't harming them, they have to do what they're told when they're underage. That includes going places they don't want to go.

Your parents never made you go some place you didn't want to go?

I beg to differ, Stephanie in the past has made it clear that she does not like the attention of cameras or media. Kids are entitled to the same basic rights as adults, they are not property.

Having someone looking out for your welfare is one thing, however, using someone as a tool for your own selfish needs is another.

First, I didn't have parents, and second, contrary to your belief, I was able to form thoughts and use reason when I was a child. I was not made to go anywhere, or do anything that made me feel uncomfortable. "Because I say so", etcetera, didn't have a place when I was growing up.

That's probably why I believe in common respect, until I'm convinced of otherwise.

Now, with that said can we get be to the actual topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back