277     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 479     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vision is impaired due to primary-progressive MS so i listened often to 'rant' video.

Few things i noticed....
At 0:50 to 0:56 RoFo says "Birds,birds, birds...just little birds like this is fucked Daddy".(makes flapping noise w/hands)
Methinks 'birds' are small time dealers RoFo seems insulted.

At 0:58 to 1:01 RoFo says " My brother Randy walks with a 'purse/(pers)' like 80 yr old bird."
Randy seems be to an older more experienced dealer.

At 1:07 RoFo says "i am going in with Siad (or Sayid)"

At 1:17 to 1:18 unidentified voice says "these kids are pros buddy"
Obviously younger dealers.

From !:28 to 1:32 RoFo says "I will prepare for it... not fuckin Lisi, not Randy"

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

But whatever, this is Mayor of largest city in Canada high on crack cocaine talking drug lingo.

Last edited:
Well really. Isn't this just what big city mayors do? Get filmed smoking crack, or going into murderous rants, or going out clubbing lots of Saturday nights (wife at home), granting selfies to stupid hangers-on? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just thought this was typical big-city mayoral behaviour.

That projection would be amazing.

If nothing else, Ford's actions have created a level of engagement with municipal politics that I have never seen before.
Some direct action and personal involvement is a way to fight back against the unending stupid.

Plus I just like to stir shit up.

My vision is impaired due to primary-progressive MS so i listened often to 'rant' video.

Few things i noticed....
At 0:50 to 0:56 RoFo says "Birds,birds, birds...just little birds like this is fucked Daddy".(makes flapping noise w/hands)
Methinks 'birds' are small time dealers RoFo seems insulted.

At 0:58 to 1:01 RoFo says " My brother Randy walks with a 'purse/(pers)' like 80 yr old bird."
Randy seems be to an older more experienced dealer.

At 1:07 RoFo says "i am going in with Siad (or Sayid)"

At 1:17 to 1:18 unidentified voice says "these kids are pros buddy"
Obviously younger dealers.

From !:28 to 1:32 RoFo says "I will prepare for it... not fuckin Lisi, not Randy"

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

But whatever, this is Mayor of largest city in Canada high on crack cocaine talking drug lingo.

There are slang dictionaries online, most of them are unofficial, but they provide some ideas about what he might be saying. It sounds like he uses the word "bird" but it could be "burd" or some other spelling. A few sources say it means "cocaine", or a "stupid person" and of course there are the regular interpretations of "flipping the bird" or a reference to women as "birds" (generally U.K.) or apparently (definitions I have never heard) "slut" or "vagina", though I think some people make this stuff up. The reference to cocaine is a fairly common interpretation with some saying it refers to a brick of cocaine.
[h=5]Bird[/h][h=5]One kilogram of Cocaine[/h]
[h=5]Bird head[/h][h=5]LSD[/h]
[h=5]Birdie powder[/h][h=5]Heroin; Cocaine[/h]
[h=5]Birds[/h][h=5]Amytal (Barbiturate)[/h]

There are slang dictionaries online, most of them are unofficial, but they provide some ideas about what he might be saying. It sounds like he uses the word "bird"

Just for the record, this stuff was all covered in depth and at length on this thread at the time.

Considering that Rob's a dumbass, perhaps when he says "birds" he means to say pigeons...as in 'stool pigeon' (informer or rat). I've never heard it said as "pigeon", but from some older East York people I've heard the word in sentences as "stoolie".

I've always thought this because it more or less goes along with his train of thought: "liars, thieves, birds (snitches)".

Currently at the Greek parade. I walked next to Ford along the entire route to see what kind of reaction he would get from the people. I heard no boos. They were excited to see him. He shook hands. It must have been awkward for Chow and Tory, who were in the middle of the street for the parade to not be able to shake hands, as well.

I'm pretty sure Ford's car is parked outside Chester station. If only I had a GPS tracker!

I'm pretty sure Ford's car is parked outside Chester station. If only I had a GPS tracker!

He is entitled to a City car ( which could be equipped with GPS and dash cam). It was a wise decision to decline it. ( He can claim mileage / parking on his own car. )

Perhaps the same reason he declined a City chauffeur and went with a "staffer" he can hire and fire instead?

Last edited:
Currently at the Greek parade. I walked next to Ford along the entire route to see what kind of reaction he would get from the people. I heard no boos. They were excited to see him. He shook hands. It must have been awkward for Chow and Tory, who were in the middle of the street for the parade to not be able to shake hands, as well.

BNWR 691 to be sure

That's my take too. Comparing guys to 80 yr old birds means they fret about things and gossip.

This "birds" puzzle is easily explained. The brothers are accused of being snitches or stool pigeons. The 80 year old bird would reference mother Ford who is now 80.

Yeah, the stool-pigeon/bird thing makes sense considering the immunity they have with 23 Division and Taverner. Any opposing thug they deal with would consider them suspect with that kind of connection/history.

"Meanwhile Randy walks with a purse"...I have no idea. Perhaps it means that Randy's viewed as a bitch, which also goes hand in hand with Ford's train of though: e.g 'they're calling us liars, thieves, snitches, and pussies'.

And the "80-year old birds" thing...if you listen to it, he appears to immediately correct himself right after and says "broads". "80-year old birds..broads". So this could mean they've been insulted as being too old for 'the game', and they're pussies.

Yeah, the stool-pigeon/bird thing makes sense considering the immunity they have with 23 Division and Taverner. Any opposing thug they deal with would consider them suspect with that kind of connection/history.

"Meanwhile Randy walks with a purse"...I have no idea. Perhaps it means that Randy's viewed as a bitch, which also goes hand in hand with Ford's train of though: e.g 'they're calling us liars, thieves, snitches, and pussies'.

And the "80-year old birds" thing...if you listen to it, he appears to immediately correct himself right after and says "broads". "80-year old birds..broads". So this could mean they've been insulted as being too old for 'the game', and they're pussies.

Is the "Rant Video" becoming UT's Paul is Dead? These interps are getting more and more arcane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

I think the greatest likelihood is that much of the "unintelligible" stuff on said video is, uh gibberish. The spouting of incomprehensible and aggressive nonsense is in fact highly common amongst long term alcoholics and long term crack or meth users. The parsing of his every mad utterance is, in this case, a rabbit hole that is not likely to lead anywhere.

Which is not to say that he isn't ranting about threatening to kill McIntyre or someone else, he clearly is. (Just as his Hulk defense is a ridiculous lie which will go precisely nowhere in the court). It's just that he's phasing in and out of coherence throughout the whole thing.

I suspect that if and when we see the crack video, it will reveal further evidence of his particular brand of drug and alcohol induced dementia.

Is the "Rant Video" becoming UT's Paul is Dead? These interps are getting more and more arcane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

I think the greatest likelihood is that much of the "unintelligible" stuff on said video is, uh gibberish. The spouting of incomprehensible and aggressive nonsense is in fact highly common amongst long term alcoholics and long term crack or meth users. The parsing of his every mad utterance is, in this case, a rabbit hole that is not likely to lead anywhere.

Which is not to say that he isn't ranting about threatening to kill McIntyre or someone else, he clearly is. (Just as his Hulk defense is a ridiculous lie which will go precisely nowhere in the court). It's just that he's phasing in and out of coherence throughout the whole thing.

I suspect that if and when we see the crack video, it will reveal further evidence of his particular brand of drug and alcohol induced dementia.

Well, when things get boring we either return to the rant video or mafia connections. Re ranting - yes, someone becoming increasingly intoxicated on booze (maybe meth? crack?) will increasingly make no sense. Given that Ford said he couldn't remember what the tape referred to because he was wasted is not going to help him once/if the civil case is heard.

I am wondering, however, how Ford's family situation is. I feel for his kids. He could have brought them to the parade today (?) or have spent much more time with them rather than posing for photos with club goers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back