94     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 729     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 530     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem with MacIntyre's claim that the murder rant was filmed March 2012 was that Ford has already won his conflict of interest appeal. So the reference to waiting until after the by-election doesn't make sense. I still wouldn't be surprised if Ford is behind the jailhouse beating. One other option for the murder rant video is the days after the crack video story broke. The Fords said they wanted to hold an early election because so many were calling for him to step down. Remember, they kept saying let the people decide. The racist could be Mo the Broker because he complained about Rob exploiting black youths.

There was the by-election for Jack Layton's federal seat March 19th 2012, the beating was March 22.

One problem with MacIntyre's claim that the murder rant was filmed March 2012 was that Ford has already won his conflict of interest appeal. So the reference to waiting until after the by-election doesn't make sense. I still wouldn't be surprised if Ford is behind the jailhouse beating. One other option for the murder rant video is the days after the crack video story broke. The Fords said they wanted to hold an early election because so many were calling for him to step down. Remember, they kept saying let the people decide. The racist could be Mo the Broker because he complained about Rob exploiting black youths.
No no

The conflict of interest case STARTED in March 2012. He wasn't finally clear of the last appeal until June of last year.

Timeline is listed here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Ford_conflict_of_interest_trial

20 days to file a defense, but it's commonplace to be grated a waiver of defense from plaintiff counsel, which is basically an agreement to not file for a default judgement. For sure the Ministry is conducting their own investigation which requires time. It's to the plaintiff's benefit to allow for this as it reduces overall costs, and may result in a negotiated settlement prior to any actual litigation.

Yes. And to answer the other point - a case conference is the last thing before a trial - that is, after documentary and oral discoveries, and so months and months and months away, especially in a multi-defendant case.

Many of you are parsing this murder rant video/Hulk Hogan defense waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much. You are going line by line and word by word and trying to make each line fit and mean something and not conflict with a single other thing. These lines were uttered by someone out of his mind on coke!!!! Even sober, normal people sometimes ramble, make factual errors, contradict themselves or misspeak, let alone a high-as-a-kite Rob Ford.

I'm sure the video isn't McIntyre's only evidence. He wasn't in the room when it was filmed and he's just guessing at the video's meaning (unless someone who was in the room subsequently met with him and told him the video's meaning -- which in itself would be much bigger evidence than the content of the video, if such a meeting actually happened).

This is spot on. The Hulk Hogan story is Doug Ford-grade horse shit, but that does not mean that there is a coherent, linear alternative story behind it.

Twitter's fairly quiet tonight, but here's one tweet about Ford. Paper bag at his office, tweets about him in front of night clubs and one about him being out of it. Can we expect a new instalment in the Ford recorded antics tonight?

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 11.40.43 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 11.40.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 11.40.43 PM.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 477
http://statigr.am/p/682140719259151936_53664442

This one was posted at 9:22 tonight.

http://statigr.am/p/682126325805820203_455406609

This one at 8:50.

firstly, all of these pictures with young women in club clothes makes me uncomfortable. If I was his wife, and this was what my husband was out doing on a Saturday night, I would probably be upset (because it happens so freaking often). Secondly, where is he??? Thirdly, I love the comments on these photos, the caption under one is "Don't kill me" lol. **nm the second photo is at Copacabana's

http://statigr.am/p/682232870127420329_19400655
The hashtags under this one are priceless. #mayor#lol#speechless

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the Greek Independence Day parade on Danforth -- he might be at that (if he can wake up and haul himself out for noon :p)

Stintz is at the DeRo (as in TFC player Dwayne DeRosario) Fdn event; no mention of Ford. This CP24 person is covering it
https://twitter.com/ArdaZakCP24

Gee, I thought that to be mayor, you had to quit your job.

“I just don’t think the taxpayers should have to pay for it,†said the mayor. “It should be paid for by the private sector. It would be nice if we wanted to expand Deco Labels and have the taxpayers help us out, but it doesn’t work like that.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/21/mayor-rob-ford-on-bmo-field-expansion-guild-park-tree-razing

All those office supplies and what not contracted to the company you work for/own.

The claim that the video feeds were cut off is interesting, in so much as it would likely implicate some guards if true...

Has there been any information provided about when the last video from those camera's was? Who turned it off etc?

I hope that some journalists are following this angle...

Can't help noticing how bad Rob has looked lately - last night's selfierama shows it again. Particularly in the last few weeks his facial appearance makes him look much older, more tired and possibly a lot sicker than before.

Ah, it all makes sense now. I always thought the COI case was the year before. So Payman's family member told me the murder rant video was filmed the winter of 2012/2013. I always doubted this because of the by-election reference and I thought it was the year before. So I'm almost sure now it was filmed between the time he was ordered removed from office late Nov 2012 and when he won his appeal in late Jan 2013. He could even be talking about Ruby and those union guys who went after him in court. Remember in the rant he said it hurts? And in the ITO a staffer said Ford was hurt by the COI ruling and started crying. Though I'm not sure why he would lie about that as I don't think any crimes were committed against that group after the trial. He could also be talking about someone from the drug trading world.

Okay there was a by-election in Durham in November 2012, (for Bev Oda's seat) that he may have had some skin in. The Conservatives had three potential candidates, one of which was Thomas Coughlan, a former Flaherty aide. (they went with Erin O'Toole and won)

Yes. And to answer the other point - a case conference is the last thing before a trial - that is, after documentary and oral discoveries, and so months and months and months away, especially in a multi-defendant case.

I'm pretty confident that the Ministry won't want a actual trial. They'll go though discoveries, and exchange documents etc., but the Ministry will likely try to settle with respect to their portion of liability. It likely won't get as far as pre-trial conferences or mediation, but that also depends on how far MacIntyrre wants to push it. The Ministry may even try to enter a "Mary Carter" agreement allowing them to settle and remove themselves from the suit while MacIntyre continues his claim against the other defendants.

For sure, this will take a couple of years to come to any kind of conclusion. It also wouldn't surprise me if MacIntyre simply accepted the settlement from the Ministry and dropped the case against Ford and the others, but then again, I don't know what kind of evidence he may have in regard to who beat him and why. Ford would be happy to get out of it and to pay his own costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back