797     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 584     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has a good explanation:

Norm Wilner ‏@wilnervision 16m
This is what happens. Rob tries his best to seem mayoral, knows on some level that he's failed, goes out among "fans" for an ego boost.
Like Sally Field in Soapdish. (for those unfamiliar - Soap star has a bad day and goes to the mall incognito. A friend pretends to out her presence and the fans clamor for autographs)

This is what I was just saying. I mean, by what possible stretch of logic could he think it looks good to go all the way there and do this? Even a man of his limited intelligence and skills must know it looks bad to travel to a serious meeting, leave it and go to a bar? No? No? If anyone can explain how even Rob Ford can reconcile this in his mind, I'd be damned glad to hear it.
"Make mine a double."
rob-ford-20140130.jpg

View attachment 23135

Hey, here's a challenge for someone with time on their hands who's good with social media. You able to match the tie Ford is wearing in the murder rant video with a clearer pic from another day?

From the mention of byelections in the vid, a good place to start looking would be appearances in early summer 2013.

What a frickin' embarrassment. Perhaps he'll stagger in half-way through the afternoon, plastered out of his gourd, and throw up on the Minister for Housing? After screeching some drunken abuse towards the room at large, of course.

Jesus, it really is like some lowbrow Chris Farley comedy, except one featuring a protagonist without so much as a hint of charm or likability or sympathetic motives. A humor-free "Back To School" starring some utterly hateful pig instead of Rodney Dangerfield.

(Just to clarify, there is no federal minister of housing. I presume this means Linda Jeffrey who, if she's anything like her boss, wasn't likely to gladhand with him anyway.)
Katie Simpson just clarified, it's the minister responsible for housing, Candice Bergen (no, that's not a typo), Minister of State (Social Development).

Why does he even bother lying? No one believes him, no matter what he says.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/politics/2014/02/20140226-102540.html
No drugs in 'probably a year,' Mayor Rob Ford tells reporters
10:25 am, February 26th, 2014
DON PEAT | QMI AGENCY

Mayor Rob Ford says he hasn't done illegal drugs in "probably a year."

A day earlier, Ford dodged a point-blank question from the Today show's Matt Lauer about whether he has used crack cocaine or any other illegal drugs since they last spoke on Nov. 18. He later stormed out of a press conference at City Hall when he was asked the same question.

On Wednesday, Ford gave an answer.

"I have not done drugs since, I said, probably a year ago," Ford said in Ottawa, where he was attending a conference of mayors.

"Maybe I wasn't quite clear with Matt."

Ford also said he's no longer drinking excessively.

"Those days are gone, I think I've made myself quite clear on that," he said.

When Ford admitted in November that he had smoked crack cocaine in a drunken stupor, he claimed it happened about a year ago.

Ford also told reporters in Ottawa on Wednesday that he's willing to work with the federal and provincial governments and didn't want to see the Federation of Canadian Municipalities criticizing them.

"You don't see me going out and attacking (Premier Kathleen Wynne). I've got to work with these people," he said.

In reality, Ford has repeatedly attacked Wynne publicly and accused the governing Liberals of "corruption."

"If you say you want to go and vote Liberal, you're basically just giving a bank robber another gun and saying go rob another bank," Ford said during the provincial byelection last summer.

Or not be allowed on it???
According to his office, the flight's the reason he can't be at the meeting with Minister responsible for housing. Cause there are no more flights ever from Ottawa to Toronto.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m
Mayor Ford's office insists he's not "skipping" meeting w Minister responsible for housing.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m
Mayor Ford's office says the session with the minister is at 4p. His flight leaves at 6p. He wouldn't make his flight if he stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back