128     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 981     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 892     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Simpson just said Ford wasn't going back for the afternoon session. He wants to check out the football stadium. Bloody good thing he IS paying his own way!

Josh Wingrove ‏@josh_wingrove 3m

Ford says he has talked about what he wanted to, and he won't return to FCM meeting after lunch.

... Wow.

So, no engagement with the other mayors about what urban governments in Canada can do collectively to advocate for funding and other support from the other orders of government, no attempt to learn from what other big cities are doing, and apparently no meetings with federal leaders. Essentially, Ford went to Ottawa to use the Big City Mayors' meeting purely as a campaign stop without even a plan to actually accomplish anything substantive for Toronto. I can't wait to see how Rob and Doug spin this as some sort of success.

To follow up on the Bill Blair complaint, apparently:
1) The investigation will not consider the fishing trip, it is only about the "disappointed" remark
2) The fact that an investigation has been opened does not mean the board has passed any judgment on Blair's conduct.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._hasnt_passed_judgment_on_chiefs_conduct.html

In January, the OIPRD wrote to the police board, which oversees the chief, saying Ford’s letter had been classified as a complaint about conduct.
The OIPRD directed the board not to communicate with the chief, to review the complaint and apply a “low threshold” to decide whether “on the face” of the allegation the letter “may constitute misconduct,” Mukherjee said.
“The complaint in effect was that the comments Chief Blair had made to the media were deliberately misleading and judgmental and they implied wrongdoing on the part of the mayor,” Mukherjee said.
“What the board did was to review the letter, applying the test of the low threshold, and came to the determination that we do not know, because we have not been given the ability to seek an explanation from the chief.”
Mukherjee said the board determined there could be an issue if the chief was privy to confidential information and made the comments with that knowledge.
That determination was sent back to the OIPRD in mid-February.
“There’s no implication there that the board has already drawn any conclusion,” Mukherjee said. “The board undertook no investigation.”

In November, Ford also publicly accused Blair of being in a conflict of interest after going on a fishing trip with board member Andy Pringle, former chief of staff to mayoral candidate John Tory. Mukherjee said that issue was not part of the grounds for the complaint and was not considered in the board’s response to the OIPRD.

Katie Simpson just said Ford wasn't going back for the afternoon session. He wants to check out the football stadium. Bloody good thing he IS paying his own way!

If the team was, like, practicing there this would be merely head-scratching. As it stands....I mean, he's going to see the construction site because of how much he likes football?

You know, on the other hand, maybe I kind of get it. Maybe he's like, "I've got 6 months left, I'm going to enjoy the ride! I'm going to go to meetings and see stadiums and get lots more selfies and just live it up!" (Perhaps this conflicts with him paying his own way; it's not an entirely sound theory.)

But even if he didn't want to stay at the meeting, surely he knows at this point how BAD IT LOOKS to leave?!?! Did his campaign manager approve him putting in a few hours work and going to see the stadium? You might think they want to at least maintain the illusion of mayoralty. But no, he's just coasting on fumes downhill, proving every bit the distraction people thought he would. No matter, the FCM will get stuff done exactly the same way council does: without him.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m

Rob Ford, as promised, has blown off the Big City Mayors meeting to go to a bar. http://instagram.com/p/k40ptPD0XC/ (h/t @carlyrhiannon)

At the Clocktower brew pub apparently.

joemammacycles
22 minutes ago · Clocktower Brew Pub
So this just happened @clocktowerbrewpub #joemammacycles

Last edited:
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 3m
Nenshi just told CP24 that minister for housing will be with Big City Mayors this afternoon. Mayor Ford will not be there.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m

Rob Ford, as promised, has blown off the Big City Mayors meeting to go to a bar. http://instagram.com/p/k40ptPD0XC/ (h/t @carlyrhiannon)

This is what I was just saying. I mean, by what possible stretch of logic could he think it looks good to go all the way there and do this? Even a man of his limited intelligence and skills must know it looks bad to travel to a serious meeting, leave it and go to a bar? No? No? If anyone can explain how even Rob Ford can reconcile this in his mind, I'd be damned glad to hear it.

This is what I was just saying. I mean, by what possible stretch of logic could he think it looks good to go all the way there and do this? Even a man of his limited intelligence and skills must know it looks bad to travel to a serious meeting, leave it and go to a bar? No? No? If anyone can explain how even Rob Ford can reconcile this in his mind, I'd be damned glad to hear it.
His thought process (if you can call it that -- does he really even THINK?) has boggled my mind for the past decade or so.

ann hui ‏@annhui 3m
nenshi just told cp24 that minister for housing will be with big city mayors this afternoon. Mayor ford will not be there.

priceless!!!!!

Lets hope word doesn't get back to the Mayor in time fro him to wander in drunk and ruin it...

1. He doesn't give a shit.
or
2. His memory and cognitive functioning are so impaired by the substance abuse, that he just doesn't remember what he has done, and how his actions would look.

This guy has a good explanation:

Norm Wilner ‏@wilnervision 16m
This is what happens. Rob tries his best to seem mayoral, knows on some level that he's failed, goes out among "fans" for an ego boost.

He made the same comment regarding his Steak Queen rant that he made to Matt Lauer---"I've got a lot of Jamaican friends since childhood---we went out and had fun, I had a few drinks...". Implying that he was out with his old-time Jamaican friends, which is not the case. What a sleazy liar, and it's really annoying that no one calls him on this.

C'mon now, there was photo/video evidence of him meeting his Jamaican friends for a couple of pops at the Steak Queen.

Lisi.jpg

Attachments

• Lisi.jpg
    Lisi.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 387
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 3m
Nenshi just told CP24 that minister for housing will be with Big City Mayors this afternoon. Mayor Ford will not be there.

No one has done more than Ford for housing! It's 100% improved! What could this fool have to tell him?

(Just to clarify, there is no federal minister of housing. I presume this means Linda Jeffrey who, if she's anything like her boss, wasn't likely to gladhand with him anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back