864     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 773     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 577     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting back and forth between Daniel Dale and Amin Massoudi. Trying to make it sound like it was all planned.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/438755809036488704

I hope Massoudi goes down with Ford---he's a real scumbag. It seems like he might, if that whole Vice magazine thing about him trying to get a hacker to destroy the crack video was on the level. Which I think it is.

How come it takes Ottawa to get the treatment he deserves, when we still roll out the red carpet for every damn event he attends?

Because the average person is a moron, and Toronto is full of average people (except me and youse guys). I encounter Ford supporters every day, and am surprised they can breath out their noses.

I hope Massoudi goes down with Ford---he's a real scumbag. It seems like he might, if that whole Vice magazine thing about him trying to get a hacker to destroy the crack video was on the level. Which I think it is.

The plot lines on this story are all pretty amazing aren't they. The story line makes "Movie 43" look like "Ghandi"...

Michelle Zilio ‏@MichelleZilio 5m
Media waiting for Rob Ford to leave the Clocktower Brew Pub in the Glebe.
Bha5oAGIcAAGASe.jpg

RoFo seemed groggy and disheveled at meeting this morning. No makeup or anything.

Methinks he had to spend "personal time" in bathroom to transform, mysteriously
into his new persona 'Steak Queen'.

Toronto Star has a story featuring Blair's first response to the Steak Queen video. Teased with this tweet:

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 6m
Specifically, Chief said Lisi told investigators: "Your boss is going to get his this weekend."

More detail

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 39s
More on Lisi for context - Chief said comment made when Lisi was in custody after being arrested for extortion and before press conference.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 3m
Story coming soon from interview with Chief Blair. @RandyRisling has video.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 5m
Of name mayor called him in Steak Queen video, Chief said he was "deeply offended." "I found it disgusting," Chief told me.

Blair for the first time responded to attacks from Ford brothers.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 7m
Specifically, Chief said Lisi told investigators: "Your boss is going to get his this weekend."

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 8m
Chief Bill Blair and I just spoke about Coun. Doug Ford's OIPRD complaint. He said Lisi warned investigators a complaint was coming.

Daniel Dale has totally stepped up his game. He has become more strategic in approach and more pointed in his comments while avoiding stooping to the Fords' level of thugnacity. He is a man on a mission, and I think/hope this mission will benefit our city as much as it benefits his career!

Now he is staying

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 6m
MAYOR FORD TO RETURN TO BIG CITY MAYORS' MEETING. Office says they didn't realize the minister would be there. They are headed back now

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 4m
BTW -- it was clearly on the agenda the minister was attending.

OMG. I'm an EA and if I sent one of my partners off to a major meeting, booked them a flight back with conflicted with a clearly labeled important face-to-face, my arse would be grass. How do I get this cushy, don't-need-to-pay-attention-to-agendas job?

More detail

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 39s
More on Lisi for context - Chief said comment made when Lisi was in custody after being arrested for extortion and before press conference.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 3m
Story coming soon from interview with Chief Blair. @RandyRisling has video.

Of name mayor called him in Steak Queen video, Chief said he was "deeply offended." "I found it disgusting," Chief told me.

Blair for the first time responded to attacks from Ford brothers.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 8m
Chief Bill Blair and I just spoke about Coun. Doug Ford's OIPRD complaint. He said Lisi warned investigators a complaint was coming.

Blair seems confident in addressing the press. Anyone want to read into that?

What I find particularly interesting is that the mention of a complaint was made before Blair made the comment about being offended.

Last edited:
This sounds pretty combative. Would it suggest that Lisi isn't cooperating with the police?

This sounds pretty combative. Would it suggest that Lisi isn't cooperating with the police?

Who knows but I'm pretty sure that the tone Lisi is setting will basically give Blair a "get out of jail free" card on the complaint when they draw the conclusion that the Bros. Ford are continually conspiring and colluding with Lisi - End Game could be very close at hand...

Blair seems confident in addressing the press. Anyone want to read into that?

What I find particularly interesting is that the mention of a complaint was made before Blair made the comment about being offended.

I'm pretty sure the Chief has excellent advisers...

Because the average person is a moron, and Toronto is full of average people (except me and youse guys). I encounter Ford supporters every day, and am surprised they can breath out their noses.

That's a slippery slope, and frankly not very true. The average person is not a moron. Most are reasoned and intelligent. It is personal biases and upbringing that created who we are, and what political choices me make.

Saying the average person is a moron creates a delineation of superiority. "We're smarter than everyone else" is the type of thinking that drives dictatorships and genocides, if enough people believe it to be true.

For every die-hard Neill Flagg, there are a hundred reasoned people who support Ford. Not because they're morons, but because his past "constituency work" swayed their opinion, or maybe they just don't know enough of the facts, or maybe they just support the man out of spite of the pretentiousness of comments like yours.

I am no Ford supporter. I hate the man with the heat of a thousand exploding stars. And even I make fun of dumb comments made by the die-hards. But damn, stating "the average person is a moron" is so far removed from reality (and compassion, and reason) that even I cringed at the blatant ignorance of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back