117     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 964     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 880     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Nenshi brought his tablet/homework... Mayor Ford - just fridge magnets and business cards...

Hahah looks like Rob is the only one there without a laptop/tablet, I wonder if he even knows how to use a computer for "work", I can just picture him taking 5 minutes to type a few words, waving his two sausage fingers over the keyboard brow furrowed in concentration as he searches for the location to drop them next.

You mean making royal-sounding announcements that he's still in charge, belittling other mayors, rebuilding the gardiner, getting funds for unapproved subways is not a good idea?

StrashinCBC 10:47am via Twitter for BlackBerry
Norm Kelly on Mayor Ford's FCM appearance: I don't know what he might say...not the venue to be doing some of the things he's talking about.

He also wants to fight for keeping door to door mail delivery according to his press conference in Ottawa. Because, you know, he doesn't want to lose mail delivery direct to his house. From The National Post:

“I want to sit here and talk about the two big issues…well actually, there’s a third issue too…our postal service. I really believe we need to keep the door-to-door delivery of mail,” he said in a rambling statement that began with him talking about how he would be received by his fellow mayors.

“I get it at my house and disagree with it being eliminated. I understand what they are trying to do, save money, but it’s crucial that the people that have it, keep it.

“If they want it grandfathered in, maybe new developments…I don’t want to lose my delivery of mail to my house and that’s something I will fight for. I will talk to the federal government.”

He also wants to fight for keeping door to door mail delivery according to his press conference in Ottawa. Because, you know, he doesn't want to lose mail delivery direct to his house. From The National Post:

He sure did not feel the same way tearing down bike lanes wasting taxpayer $.
What a knob.

Rob may have to drive to the community or group box at the corner to get his mail.

... which is a federal issue and, again, he is not meeting with the feds. Apparently.

I know Ford Nation has trouble distinguishing different levels of government (Ford not so bad because, uh, gas plant e-mails! Unelected premier!), but really, is Ford anticipating that he'll be able to pull some strings while he's there?

... which is a federal issue and, again, he is not meeting with the feds. Apparently.

I know Ford Nation has trouble distinguishing different levels of government (Ford not so bad because, uh, gas plant e-mails! Unelected premier!), but really, is Ford anticipating that he'll be able to pull some strings while he's there?

That's what it appears to be to me. He thinks he has an inside track with the current Federal government, he clearly has no idea whatsoever of what the Big City Mayors meeting is all about.

On another note, it seems that with regards to the Ford's 2010 campaign data, that was handed directly to them in 2011 on two DVDs. Now they are saying they don't have it and it was never given to them.

From the 2014 Toronto Mayoral Race thread:

ddale8 9:14am via Web
Ford is told he's "mayor in name only" in Toronto. He says he was elected by more people than any other mayor in the room.

So Fat Boy is being his usual suave self in Ottawa, making new friends and admirers by the boatload, it would seem. We'll be lucky if he doesn't get into a screaming fistfight by the end of the day. Drunk or sober.

National Post said:
“I want to sit here and talk about the two big issues…well actually, there’s a third issue too…our postal service. I really believe we need to keep the door-to-door delivery of mail,” he said in a rambling statement that began with him talking about how he would be received by his fellow mayors.

“I get it at my house and disagree with it being eliminated. I understand what they are trying to do, save money, but it’s crucial that the people that have it, keep it.

“If they want it grandfathered in, maybe new developments…I don’t want to lose my delivery of mail to my house and that’s something I will fight for. I will talk to the federal government.”

"I get it at my house... crucial... my house... fight for... I will talk to the federal government..."

Yeah, you're a regular combo of Robin Hood and Batman, Rob.

Once again we see the Ford Doctrine at work:
  • If I personally see/use/touch it, it's essential and good and everyone should like it!
  • If I don't personally use/understand/need it, it's pointless gravy and must be eliminated for the sake of the tax-payer.
Just by viewing any issue through the Ford Doctrine lens, you'll usually be able to predict the Ford position, should you wish to.

I don't think Ford is capable of imagining a universe which is not his own personal Truman Show.

On another note, it seems that with regards to the Ford's 2010 campaign data, that was handed directly to them in 2011 on two DVDs. Now they are saying they don't have it and it was never given to them.
He probably tried to play them on his TV and couldn't figure out why the movie wouldn't play.

Another condescending pronouncement from the Toronto mayor to the little municipal people.

ddale8 12:08pm via Web
Ford says he told other mayors to take a stand in the election - support Harper, Mulcair, Trudeau, etc. - don't just complain about Harper.

Last edited:
Alex Boutilier ‏@alexboutilier 2m

Ford is getting a lot of questions he got earlier. He said he wouldn't mind checking out Lansdowne Park later. Says his flight is at 5 or 6.

Sounds like he's not coming back to the meeting.

That's the end of the questions.

(and the rest of the mayors cheer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back