265     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
never know what to make of stuff coming from teens, whether it's attention-seeking or what, but...
@serinapizz 4h
Omg my dad and his business partners ate dinner with rob and Doug ford last night

What outcome is most likely? Ford dies, Ford gets arrested, or Ford makes it to election unscathed by either?

At any moment I can imagine reading the tweet that says "Rob Ford found dead." It's like the fuse on this bomb has been lit, but I have no idea how long that fuse is. At this point, getting arrested seems like the only thing that could save him.

Arrested 65%
Dead 30%
Unscathed 5%

What outcome is most likely? Ford dies, Ford gets arrested, or Ford makes it to election unscathed by either?

At any moment I can imagine reading the tweet that says "Rob Ford found dead." It's like the fuse on this bomb has been lit, but I have no idea how long that fuse is. At this point, getting arrested seems like the only thing that could save him.

It's incredible to me that the most obvious result of/response to the deluge of scandal Ford has brought upon himself, his family, his office and his city isn't even on the table when we weigh these options: just resigning out of some residual sense of humility.

I look forward to learning whether his refusal to choose the appropriate course here is really all about genuine lack of shame, or whether greater external forces are preventing him from any relatively easy way out.

Tee hee! Found on twitter

3P3JYNP.jpg

Last edited:
never know what to make of stuff coming from teens, whether it's attention-seeking or what, but...
@serinapizz 4h
Omg my dad and his business partners ate dinner with rob and Doug ford last night

She follows Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian so who cares what she thinks... Surprisingly follows two different Mammolitis, but probably unrelated to the one we know - she refers to herself as a "gina" so she probably lives in Maple or Woodbridge or Richmond Hill where there are lots of Italians. She hasn't made any political tweets that I could see, like regarding the Olympics or anything, so she probably doesn't think too hard about it and "omg rob ford" was literally just "omg rob ford". She got into York though and is also trying for Ryerson so there may be hope for her yet.

I hate you for making me do that.

Those of you who can understand Italian, please google Pizzimenti Mammoliti and translate for the rest of us.

I did learn a Domenic Pizzimenti was sanctioned by the Mutual Fund Dealers Association and that a Domenic Pizzimenti operates a design business just north of Deco, a short hop away from the homes of Rob Ford, Dianne Ford and Lisi.

Another coincidence, the roster of this US college team has both an Agyemang and a Pizzimenti: http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/msoc/2013-14/boxscores/20130928_88li.xml

Last edited:
So, putting Rob aside, if we're looking at Doug Ford: Campaign Manager Extraordinaire:
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._doug_ford_lose_valuable_2010_voter_data.html

-Didn't know his brother had done crack and been caught on video up until the moment Rob announced it, without Doug knowing that was coming either
-Has no other quality people hired for the campaign yet
-Based on Crazy Town, was in rather a similar situation prior to Kouvalis, Towhey etc. coming on board in 2010. EXCEPT that they had an amazing voter database Rob had built over the years.
-Doug has now lost that database, putting them behind where they were, organizationwise in 2010, in every respect.
-Admits he does not know where his brother is sometimes
-Thought his brother had stopped drinking and, despite repeatedly touting his weight loss, thought the video of his brother drunk at Steak Queen must be old since he looked fat in it; so he neither knows what his brother is doing nor really what he looks like
-Is simultaneously attacking the police chief and the local media
-Is making Rob's "record" the centre of his campaign which, as I suggested above, is curious since they want us to ignore his personal life but focus on his weight loss.
-Is making the apparently LACK of record by the TTC chair, the former CEO and PC leader and the former councillor/NDP MP the other prong of his campaign

If Doug has done a single thing a professional campaign manager couldn't have done 10X better, I'd be shocked. It was one thing when Adrienne Batra couldn't find Mr. Off-the-Grid but it tells you something when his brother fares no better. And losing the voter data is just full-on amateur hour. The sad part is that "Robbie" will be in a very dark place when fantasy and reality collide, probably about an hour after the polls close on Oct. 27. Doug is such a full-on nutter he'll just keep raging into the dying of the light about how everyone else did them in and, "Screw you all, I'm going back to the private sector, until I return as Premier." In other words, I think Rob is sufficiently fragile this could break him but Doug will just sink so far into delusion he'll be like Blanche DuBois getting carted away before it's said and done.

I wonder what Don Peat thinks of Warmington. Peat was tweeting Ford's "love fest", as Dale called it and was also one of the reporters who asked if Ford took illegal drugs since November.

Also, is Doug in Ottawa or is Rob on his own? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Word is there's major friction between some Sun reporters and Warmington over Ford. Some of the more credible reporters the Sun has, like Pazzino, can't stand the way Joe fawns over Ford.

No surprise, Lorrie Goldstein has made his feelings pretty clear since November, so even his own editor must disapprove. Warmington's entire value at this point is that he gets the quotes no one else gets from Ford now. the problem is that those quotes are defensive lies and Warmington appears so enamoured of having "the scoop" that he doesn't realize (or care?) he has crossed the line into becoming the mayor's mouthpiece. He spent a week or two being critical but is now the most effective member of the mayor's communication staff. He should be ashamed and he'll be one of the first up against the proverbial wall when the revolution comes. He will have nothing to offer his editors or readers once Ford is ousted (imagine John Tory or Chow calling him up with some late night tips? No, me neither.) so he might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Rob Ford's Roadshow is now in Ottawa--free subways for Toronto, other municipalities can eat our dust.

ddale8 9:10am via Web
I want to build Sheppard, Finch, downtown relief subway lines, Ford says on funding request. None of them have been approved by council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back