228     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 460     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.4K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was just a joke, someone else's Escalade. I'm pretty sure he still has his vanity "ROB FORD" license plate.

No; he changed it to DON BOSCO and then to something generic after getting turfed from Don Bosco...

Classic Doug Ford style lie at 6:50, where he relates an apparent conversation that occurred between himself and members of the American media on the topic of the Toronto media:

It's hard to tell where exactly Doug transitions from relating his conversation with the USA media to voicing his own opinions. In the end, it doesn't matter. This conversation never happened. No one in the USA media would have called the Toronto media "biased" - certainly not for asking the exact same questions that they traveled up to Canada to ask themselves.

This is just another classic example of how Doug comes up with these transparently false stories at the spur of the moment. It's almost pathological.

ALMOST pathological??
Doug has zero perspective. I suspect that entire story is a 100% lie. We're supposed to believe that people from CNN and NBC - who cover this for the sheer tabloid value - are baffled by how the local media handles it? Absurd. Did he not see Anderson Cooper openly mocking them after the interview they did? It's just psycho behaviour. By media he probably means a cameraman from NBC who said, "Hey, CBC guy don't shove me! I can't believe how you guys do this." If pressed he wouldn't be able to cite a real example, any more than he could when he made up that Oprah and who knows who else called them for a reality show. I'm not even saying it jokingly - the level of delusion is frightening.
It's funny he's upset people didn't want to talk to Rob about the FCM. You can just imagine him and Rob going home at night, commiserating at how frustrating it is their Dufferin Bridge construction announcement didn't get front page play. Put em both in jail, please.

I also like when he says the press has a "gang mentality." Mr. Campaign Manager might want to pick his words more carefully.
I'd also try to avoid:
"What's the deal with John Tory's policies - is he on crack?"

St Patty's is coming up. Make sure your iPhone's charged, folks.

New Toronto Politics drinking game: Any time anyone named Ford mentions the word "gym" have a drink. (But do it with a friend so they can take you to the hospital before blood poisoning does you in.)

Last edited:
Stale and reheated Ford campaign blather on Newstalk tonight with that pillar of journalistic integrity, Warmington.

ddale8 10:36pm via Web
Warmington asks Ford why he stormed out of the news conference today. Ford says media want to "attack my personal life."

reporterdonpeat 10:36pm via Twitter for iPad
"I still can't figure it out" Mayor Rob Ford on what he "has done so wrong" to get media attention

That is odd - makes you wonder if there's somehow a commission involved in dropping the product name. Either that or he's just really really excited about the new laptop.

IMO we shouldn't be too hard on JA's conversational tics. He's told us he has Asperger's. Also, he and Tiger Master's energy kept me going during some tough (i.e. pre-crack) times. I am in their debt.

So retina-on, Johnny.

EDIT: Beaten to it by more than a few, I see.

Last edited:
reporterdonpeat 10:36pm via Twitter for iPad
"I still can't figure it out" Mayor Rob Ford on what he "has done so wrong" to get media attention

I feel so bad for Peat's iPad, with all the cracks in its screen after repeated, forceful applications of his forehead.

IMO we shouldn't be too hard on JA's conversational tics. He's told us he has Asperger's. Also, he and Tiger Master's energy kept me going during some tough (i.e. pre-crack) times. I am in their debt.

So retina-on, Johnny.

EDIT: Beaten to it by more than a few, I see.
Thank you.

I can get carried away by tangential stuff, and I do have a learning disability. Mocking me for my disability is no different from what Ford is doing. Yes, TTM and I have keep this thread alive during the pre-crack scandal.

By the way, the Fords really need to buy a set of mirrors. The world is watching their every move.

Last edited:
What outcome is most likely? Ford dies, Ford gets arrested, or Ford makes it to election unscathed by either?

At any moment I can imagine reading the tweet that says "Rob Ford found dead." It's like the fuse on this bomb has been lit, but I have no idea how long that fuse is. At this point, getting arrested seems like the only thing that could save him.

Thank you.

I can get carried away by tangential stuff, and I do have a learning disability. Mocking me for my disability is no different from what Ford is doing.

You're totally right. Sorry if I came across that way. It certainly wasn't my intention.

Robyn Doolittle is supposed to be on the Seth Meyers show tonight - alongside Kanye West and Superbowl winning QB Russell Wilson

edit: she's on tomorrow (Wednesday night)

Last edited:
Really? Should have known better than to trust the stupid Rogers on-screen guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back