151     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 392     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really struck me was the jealousy of John Tory, and the respect he commands from the press. Doug thinks Rob and John Tory are both candidates and the press should treat them the same. The last year hasn't happened, so let's move on already, let's talk "policy", not my drug use, homophobia, etc. Did they really think during campaigning time this wasn't going to be mentioned because he apologized? WOW!

They treat Tory and others differently because they behave like normal people.

So Rob's car/deathmobile was seen outside the offices of NOW magazine at Church and Shuter. Also the location of Rob's favorite kicked out of the house/crack bender hotel, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

So Rob's car/deathmobile was seen outside the offices of NOW magazine at Church and Shuter. Also the location of Rob's favorite kicked out of the house/crack bender hotel, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

The Grand is over on Jarvis street.... but nobody at NOW reported that the Mayor was "in the house" so who knows...

Audio of Doug's interview, he sounds desperate:

https://soundcloud.com/am640/mcarthur-doug-ford-on-robs

Classic Doug Ford style lie at 6:50, where he relates an apparent conversation that occurred between himself and members of the American media on the topic of the Toronto media:

The US media comes up and people have said:
"hey, I've covered media, I've covered presidential campaigns, I've never in my life..."
- and this is all of them, ABC, NBC, CBS -
"I've never seen a biased media attack someone in my entire life like they've attacked your brother. You know they don't even give him a fair answer to even get anything out. He'll want to talk about the Gardiner and they'll go back to the scandal..."

It's hard to tell where exactly Doug transitions from relating his conversation with the USA media to voicing his own opinions. In the end, it doesn't matter. This conversation never happened. No one in the USA media would have called the Toronto media "biased" - certainly not for asking the exact same questions that they traveled up to Canada to ask themselves.

This is just another classic example of how Doug comes up with these transparently false stories at the spur of the moment. It's almost pathological.

Classic Doug Ford style lie at 6:50, where he relates an apparent conversation that occurred between himself and members of the American media on the topic of the Toronto media:

It's hard to tell where exactly Doug transitions from relating his conversation with the USA media to voicing his own opinions. In the end, it doesn't matter. This conversation never happened. No one in the USA media would have called the Toronto media "biased" - certainly not for asking the exact same questions that they traveled up to Canada to ask themselves.

This is just another classic example of how Doug comes up with these transparently false stories at the spur of the moment. It's almost pathological.

Maybe it's the same imposter who pretended to be Oprah? (http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/12/11/oprah-winfrey-never-approached-doug-and-rob-ford-about-a-show/)

See here: http://www.cp24.com/news/nearly-14-...ted-toronto-in-2013-tourism-toronto-1.1702846

Toronto's tourism is at its highest ever in 2013 at nearly 14 million. This is probably thanks to Rob Ford and how his crack smoking attracted international attention.

Nah. Check out CANSIM table 427-0001 about international tourism to Canada in general (might want to focus on summer months), you'll see that other than a few outliers like in 2009 (economic crisis) tourism to Canada has been reliably growing year-over-year. Toronto being the largest city and a major hub for travel, you'd definitely be seeing that. No doubt 2014 will be a banner year as well.

I struggle to think of a situation where many people who have the ability to travel internationally would pick their destination just because of a political scandal.

Canada is held in high regard world-wide as a destination; Toronto less so than the coasts in my experience, but I'm too tired to dig into StatsCan for Toronto-specific numbers.

I wish StatsCan did our political polls ... they are the best.

Last edited:

I thought that was just a joke, someone else's Escalade. I'm pretty sure he still has his vanity "ROB FORD" license plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back