159     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 922     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same plan that is already giving Toronto $660Mn for "Ford's Folly", better known as "The Scarborough Subway".

Ford wanting more from a limited fund, for his own ego. Does anyone remember what happened to Caesar in the Senate?

My impression is that he sincerely does not understand that the Scarb $ was an advance from this fund. I mean, if he does it hardly matters. His equivocations today about how he doesn't like to "Aggravate" the feds by asking them for money but then thinks it's OK to go to FCM to do just that is...well, it's impressive. He really seems to think that the way you get things done is go fishing with the Prime Minister. The further he sinks into delusion, the more I think he's going to crash hard on Oct. 28.

Did I miss something? What's with the sexism?

I don't see any intentional sexism there. I think the new bit about Ford's media image is the "makeup and lighting", unless you feel that Ford's spewing of dimwit lies is also new. (I kid, I kid - I know you don't think that!)

Surely there is nothing wrong with either makeup or lighting, although I do not consider either of those things to be exclusively or even particularly feminine.

Perhaps it's just an unfortunate bit of verbal proximity; after all, the bolded emphasis in your quote wasn't present in the original, right? Perhaps a more neutral way of making the same point would be simply: "It seems to me as though Ford is making use of makeup and lighting recently."

This is only my guess (although I think it's a good guess). Only guy caballero can say for sure.

Apparently, NK is going.

Kristyn Wong-Tam 黃慧文 ‏@kristynwongtam 13m
Previously snubbing FCM Big City Mayors, Rob Ford tmr going to Big City Mayors caucus in Ottawa. Don't worry @DMayorKelly going too. #TOpoli

D'oh! Tiffer tipped us off first!:p

Thanks, at least we know there will be somebody representing us well! Now can you imagine how other mayors will do everything they can to stay away from Ford?

My impression is that he sincerely does not understand that the Scarb $ was an advance from this fund. I mean, if he does it hardly matters. His equivocations today about how he doesn't like to "Aggravate" the feds by asking them for money but then thinks it's OK to go to FCM to do just that is...well, it's impressive. He really seems to think that the way you get things done is go fishing with the Prime Minister. The further he sinks into delusion, the more I think he's going to crash hard on Oct. 28.

Nenshi was in the media a couple of weeks ago mentioning the cash that Robbie was able to get of his buddies, and leveraged that into a diatribe about fair funding for the other municipalities in the country.

I am certain RoF killed the golden goose with his Hail Mary SubwaysSubwaysSubways play. There is no way any of us will ever see the prick in a big cheque photo op with any Cons, as most of Canada is questioning Harper's involvement with the Fo family as it is. Could you imagine if Rab were able to blackmail the Feds out of more cash?

Might as well personally fluff Trudeau himself.

Delicious irony is delicious. He probably has played a 15% part in the coming downfall of the Harper Gov't.

Thanks, at least we know there will be somebody representing us well! Now can you imagine how other mayors will do everything they can to stay away from Ford?

Maybe there will be mayor mole who takes him out and gets him hammed. Any other quirky mayors that he might have a drinking buddy as?

I don't see any intentional sexism there. I think the new bit about Ford's media image is the "makeup and lighting", unless you feel that Ford's spewing of dimwit lies is also new. (I kid, I kid - I know you don't think that!)

Surely there is nothing wrong with either makeup or lighting, although I do not consider either of those things to be exclusively or even particularly feminine.

Perhaps it's just an unfortunate bit of verbal proximity; after all, the bolded emphasis in your quote wasn't present in the original, right? Perhaps a more neutral way of making the same point would be simply: "It seems to me as though Ford is making use of makeup and lighting recently."

This is only my guess (although I think it's a good guess). Only guy caballero can say for sure.

I understand what you are saying. And I agree, it was phrased poorly.

Obviously GC equated make up with femininity, even though both men and women have always worn make up under tv lights. But the comment could also be read as the spewing of lies to be equated with femininity.

There was no need for the use of the word 'feminized' in that comment. Therein lies the sexism. .... to my perspective.

Maybe there will be mayor mole who takes him out and gets him hammed. Any other quirky mayors that he might have a drinking buddy as?

Wouldn't it be like the kiss of death for any intelligent political person to be seen/photographed with him? I guess it will be interesting to see if he does make any friends.

Doug is going after Daniel Dale because Dale had the nerve to ask Rob about drug use at the press conference today:

Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 50m

Doug Ford on @am640 now slamming @ddale8 for questioning the mayor about drug use today.

Doug Ford on @am640 "Rob doesn't use crack."

Doug Ford says media have a gang mentality. "They bully him."

Doug Ford says "there are folks in the media that have the political agenda that support other candidates"

Doug Ford on @am640 "sometimes you have to circumvent the Canadian media"

Doug Ford tells @am640 "Rob is a man of his word ... Rob's looking great, he's feeling great"

Doug Ford tells @am640 the US media think "a biased media" is attacking Rob Ford.

Doug Ford tells @am640 "you criticize the media in toronto they have the thinnest skin of anyone"

Wow. The level of delusion is astounding. Hopefully Dale will go to Ottawa to further get under the Fords' skin by doing his job.

Did I miss something? What's with the sexism?

Sorry, i thought my intention might be misunderstood.
i was exposed (thankfully) to "Women's Studies" by gf when in university.

Wearing makeup is part of RoFos deal now, being in front of camera all the time.
Wearing makeup could be seen as a feminine act.

Unfortunately he constantly lies as well.

Amazing what I'm learning from this forum!

Per Google: Barefax is a strip club in Ottawa. It is also where ex Sen Brazeau is working!

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24
We've moved to the market. pic.twitter.com/AUZlQvZedG
bare fax.jpg

Attachments

• bare fax.jpg
    bare fax.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 466
Doug is going after Daniel Dale because Dale had the nerve to ask Rob about drug use at the press conference today:

Wow. The level of delusion is astounding. Hopefully Dale will go to Ottawa to further get under the Fords' skin by doing his job.

He just doesn't understand that the US Media is not exactly on his side. He's been a joke to them, something for them to talk about on a slow news day.

I love it when douggie is given a platform by the media to whine about the biased media. He's such a total plug. He actually raises my heart rate.

I love it when douggie is given a platform by the media to whine about the biased media. He's such a total plug. He actually raises my heart rate.

It's my blood pressure that goes up when I listen to them. I don't know if I'm going to last until October.

There's some sort of sick fascination with Ford if we're still talking about him. With Tory, Socknacki, Stintz and eventually Chow, why is this guy still getting any airtime? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back