179     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 929     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart is entirely not interested in enabling the guy any further - he's on record of expecting the guy to kill himself sometime in the future.

I'm not sure how challenging him to answer questions honestly and holding him accountable for lying and hypocrisy is enabling him but okay. So, let's say Stephen Colbert instead.

His rationale behind his sudden flip-flop is asinine, to say the least:
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ews_conference_when_asked_about_drug_use.html

As other people have pointed out, Toronto can't have nice things unless Rob and Doug Ford, and not city council, can take 100% of the credit....

Everything he spouts is asinine from where I'm sitting. :)

Basically I'm reading his words as "I don't like process. Paperwork gives me headaches. Voting yes gives me headaches. I don't understand any of it. I have this friend, I'll just pester him instead to make it look like I know what I'm doing"

Agreed. I don't actually think Lisi could do any of that; that's why I edited my post to say that it would be too much for non-techies to handle. I guess I should've written: "If I were him..."

I would expect him to have the common sense not to sync his files with iCloud, but that also might be a stretch.

Also, I think a non-techie would be able to transfer audio/video files off their phone, move them to an external hard drive, then put the hard drive in a secure location. But would anybody bother, even a guy like Lisi who's collecting dirt on everyone to cover his back? Sure, he wouldn't know how to erase all the traces of having done so (wasn't the crack video recovered from a deleted file?), but it's better than keeping everything his phone so the cops have almost guaranteed access when they arrest him.

A note to non techies... Flash memory does not erase its contents until it's been overwritten. The act of deleting a file from your iphone does not mean the data is gone. To a non-tech person it's totally possible that they've deleted something and it isn't really gone. Hard drives are different, and from what I gather, the crack video was recovered as a deleted file from a HDD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same plan that is already giving Toronto $660Mn for "Ford's Folly", better known as "The Scarborough Subway".

Ford wanting more from a limited fund, for his own ego. Does anyone remember what happened to Caesar in the Senate?

Building Canada Fund: Harper Unveils $14-Billion In Infrastructure Cash

CP | By Diana Mehta, The Canadian PressPosted: 02/13/2014 3:01 pm EST | Updated: 02/13/2014 6:59 pm EST

GORMLEY, Ont. - Prime Minister Stephen Harper lifted the veil Thursday on a $14-billion infrastructure fund that will offer provinces, cities and smaller communities access to eagerly anticipated federal money over the next 10 years.
The New Building Canada Fund, which was first announced in last year's federal budget, will be available starting this spring.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/13/building-canada-fund-harper-infrastructure_n_4783465.html

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 18m
And Mayor Rob Ford just left his office through the back door #TOpoli
Details
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 29m
Mayor Rob Ford back at City Hall this afternoon #TOpoli

another long day for Robbie.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same plan that is already giving Toronto $660Mn for "Ford's Folly", better known as "The Scarborough Subway".

Ford wanting more from a limited fund, for his own ego. Does anyone remember what happened to Caesar in the Senate?

Building Canada Fund: Harper Unveils $14-Billion In Infrastructure Cash

CP | By Diana Mehta, The Canadian PressPosted: 02/13/2014 3:01 pm EST | Updated: 02/13/2014 6:59 pm EST

GORMLEY, Ont. - Prime Minister Stephen Harper lifted the veil Thursday on a $14-billion infrastructure fund that will offer provinces, cities and smaller communities access to eagerly anticipated federal money over the next 10 years.
The New Building Canada Fund, which was first announced in last year's federal budget, will be available starting this spring.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/13/building-canada-fund-harper-infrastructure_n_4783465.html

The money Ford got for the Scarborough Subway is on the 2014 budget. So he is unlikely to get more.
He used up his budget allocation already for those 3 stops.

Rob Ford belongs in Atlanta with Justin Bieber.

Atlanta is great for Rob Ford. He gets the subways all he wants (despite the fact that the MARTA is overbuilt (so overbuilt that the Sheppard line is busy in comparison) and Atlanta decided to build LRTs instead).

I believe that many news commentators there have similar views to Rob Ford, given that Atlanta is the most populous city in the Deep South (though Atlanta is more liberal).

Rob Ford should be mayor of Detroit or Atlanta, not Toronto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back