66     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 913     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 818     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we can expect any 'incidents' from Slob at the Ottawa caucus? Even if the idea is to look mayoral and thus be on his best behavior - well...in theory, if nothing else - he just might not be able to help himself, especially if Kelly is going to be there as well. I can easily see a jealous Ford acting like his usual petulant teenager self if the other mayors respond favorably to Kelly, while treating him as the sideshow carnival distraction that he is.

Last edited:
Overall, and quite seriously, I am fascinated by the disconnect between reality and how he seems himself. The gap is just so huge and yet he doesn't seem to be insane; just amazingly deluded. Like, does he really think going to his meeting now will impress anyone? Or that moving from morbidly obese down to obese will show he's got what it takes to be leader, despite everything else? I mean, even if he loses all the weight, surely that's part of his PERSONAL life, not his professional one, so shouldn't I ignore it and focus on his record of, say, ignoring all the mayor's meetings until he was stripped of his powers and in an election year?

May I recommend an excellent read?

Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me) - by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson
http://www.amazon.ca/Mistakes-Were-Made-But-Not/dp/0156033909

Someone in the media really needs to hammer Ford on this whole 'I'm not perfect, maybe you are?' disingenuous BS.

He's not expected to be perfect.

He's expected to be truthful.
(Paraphrased)

Yes, this. More of this would be nice. Of course, Ford would then say "No politician's truthful, but I'm more truthful than the lot of them!

I think the Ford's complaint re: Blair has less to do with the crack video (they know it won't come out just because they want it to) but more to do with the fact, as someone stated earlier, that the police board member in question is an advisor to John Tory. He enters the race and the complaint is filed soon after. It's electioneering.

No, I believe that Doug filed the complaint back in November soon after Blair made his comments, but that it just took this long to get a response. No matter, nothing will come of it.

No, I believe that Doug filed the complaint back in November soon after Blair made his comments, but that it just took this long to get a response. No matter, nothing will come of it.

And really - as far as Blair commenting on the video - he is commenting on something that was already in the media - AND - the video was of the mayor breaking a "somewhat" serious law. Blair as the top cop can testify to the fact that he is indeed an expert on such things and he is allowed to share (or comment) on what he witnessed as fact.

Fact: The video is of Ford breaking the law.

I wonder if we can expect any 'incidents' from Slob at the Ottawa caucus? Even if the idea is to look mayoral and thus be on his best behavior - well...in theory, if nothing else - he just might not be able to help himself, especially if Kelly is going to be there as well. I can easily see a jealous Ford acting like his usual petulant teenager self if the other mayors respond favorably to Kelly, while treating him as the sideshow carnival distraction that he is.

You do know what Hull (Gatineau) is famous for right???

As well as laughing directly in the fords' faces, the media should point out that going to the gym is irrelevant, and to shut the fuck up when he crows about it, as that had better be occurring on his personal time.

The reason RoFo would prefer to beg for money from the feds at the FCM is so he can say 'he' got it from the feds, not 'council' got it from the feds. Wouldn't it be funny if he was met with 'send us a formal request and report and we'll think about it.' Although he would spin that as 'yes'.

The reason RoFo would prefer to beg for money from the feds at the FCM is so he can say 'he' got it from the feds, not 'council' got it from the feds. Wouldn't it be funny if he was met with 'send us a formal request and report and we'll think about it.' Although he would spin that as 'yes'.

Long time unregistered lurker, first time registered stander upper.....

Interesting point, he voted against asking the Province and the Federal government for money for the backlog at TCHC, among other things. He's also been very vocal about not going to FCM in the past. Going this year seems to be one part because he's running and one part because Kelly is going. I fully expect something insane to occur.

And Ford to reporters: "Don't be jealous just because I do interviews with American media."

First of all that makes no sense. Secondly, does he think they want to interview him because he's a super-interesting, super-awesome mayor?

Rob Ford's new media image seems 'feminized'.
Lots of makeup and lighting are used as he spews dimwit lies.

The media and RoFo/DoFo are unwittingly working together to create a weird simulated reality for our enjoyment.

Interesting point, he voted against asking the Province and the Federal government for money for the backlog at TCHC, among other things.

His rationale behind his sudden flip-flop is asinine, to say the least:
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ews_conference_when_asked_about_drug_use.html

Ford’s TCHC request comes less than a month after he and his brother, Councillor Doug Ford, were the only members of council to vote against asking the federal and provincial governments to cover a third of the $2.6 billion in capital funding required by the TCHC over the next decade.
Ford said Tuesday that he did not want to “waste their time” with a formal request in January when he knew he would be speaking to them directly in February.
“I’m not just going to give them reports. I don’t want to frustrate our federal colleague through paperwork. That’s not how I do business,” he said Tuesday.
“They know what our needs are. Why are you going to rub it in their face in paper and put it through the media and try to embarrass them? I don’t work that way. I didn’t work that way through the subway. So you know what, I as you know have my contacts up in Ottawa. They treated us very well.”

As other people have pointed out, Toronto can't have nice things unless Rob and Doug Ford, and not city council, can take 100% of the credit....

Last edited:
Rob Ford's new media image seems 'feminized'.
Lots of makeup and lighting are used as he spews dimwit lies.

The media and RoFo/DoFo are unwittingly working together to create a weird simulated reality for our enjoyment.

Given how absolutely delusional the goof is and how much he seems to bask in the American spotlight I wonder if he would go on The Daily Show? He would be eviscerated.

Is there some social media push that could be made to ask the Daily Show to reach out and ask him?

Given how absolutely delusional the goof is and how much he seems to bask in the American spotlight I wonder if he would go on The Daily Show? He would be eviscerated.

Is there some social media push that could be made to ask the Daily Show to reach out and ask him?

I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart is entirely not interested in enabling the guy any further - he's on record of expecting the guy to kill himself sometime in the future.

Long time unregistered lurker, first time registered stander upper.....

Interesting point, he voted against asking the Province and the Federal government for money for the backlog at TCHC, among other things. He's also been very vocal about not going to FCM in the past. Going this year seems to be one part because he's running and one part because Kelly is going. I fully expect something insane to occur.

Maybe a side trip to Barefax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back