62     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 913     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 815     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Ford to reporters: "Don't be jealous just because I do interviews with American media."

First of all that makes no sense. Secondly, does he think they want to interview him because he's a super-interesting, super-awesome mayor?
You mean he's not?

How big a deal is this meeting if Kelly isn't going?

Two mayors, one meeting. We are always watching out for the taxpayers.

kristynwongtam 11:39am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Previously snubbing FCM Big City Mayors, Rob Ford tmr going to Big City Mayors caucus in Ottawa. Don't worry @DMayorKelly going too.

Excellent questions from reporters that Ford won't answer starting at 9:20ish:

https://soundcloud.com/torontostar/rob-ford-flees-when-asked/s-2Ro9x

I don't know how the reporters don't laugh out loud at some of this stuff. He's explicitly asked why he's going to the meeting for the first time and he starts talking about how great subways are and how bad LRT is which (in addition to being a lie) is just hugely off-topic. I think he actually believes that money raised in Toronto through taxes is one kind of thing and that federal money is like an entirely different animal; I don't think he understands it's all TAXES. It's so baffling I don't know quite how to explain it except that he thinks Toronto has TAXES it shouldn't have to collect from people, and the other governments have MONEY they should give him.

Do you have “my 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display” on Autofill or something? You've mentioned it like 15 times. Is there a specific reason you feel compelled to mention this over and over again?

Your post is irrelevant. You didn't use a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display to do it. Please refrain from further posts relating to the 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

How big a deal is this meeting if Kelly isn't going?
Apparently, NK is going.

Kristyn Wong-Tam 黃慧文 ‏@kristynwongtam 13m
Previously snubbing FCM Big City Mayors, Rob Ford tmr going to Big City Mayors caucus in Ottawa. Don't worry @DMayorKelly going too. #TOpoli

D'oh! Tiffer tipped us off first!:p

Last edited:
Your post is irrelevant. You didn't use a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display to do it. Please refrain from further posts relating to the 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Maybe it's secret code...secret wikipedia code....and you guys just don't get it!

The Press Gallery must be on to a new rumour. I will add that on the Today Show interview Ford commented that he hadn't done drugs in "about a year" which is what he said last time when he admitted to using drugs - so which is it?
Daniel Dale did a Q&A yesterday and this came up, which might explain the drug question being pushed by the press:

Ford claimed embarrassment as reason for lying. Is he too embarrassed to come clean about after-hours pub & what he was doing in the washroom?
by thomaus

Daniel Dale
This comment is referring to Kevin Donovan's story about Ford's behaviour on a recent trip to the Vancouver area. I don't even know if he has been asked in a scrum about this - maybe once? We'll try again.

Do you have “my 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display†on Autofill or something? You've mentioned it like 15 times. Is there a specific reason you feel compelled to mention this over and over again?

That is odd - makes you wonder if there's somehow a commission involved in dropping the product name. Either that or he's just really really excited about the new laptop.

I wasn't going to say anything, but it drives me nuts too.

Johnny Au, if I'm not mistaken, has stated in this forum that he has Asperger's. Individuals with Asperger's tend to communicate differently and have obsessive interests in things or phenomena that others may find uninteresting or strange. It's not harmful. But if it's THAT annoying, you can block him. So can we cut him some slack here? Big time?

Indeed, for those with Autism and Asperger's, basic social interaction is difficult and often fraught with anxiety. Can you walk a mile in those shoes for a while? Thank goodness for the digital world, as it has opened up avenues of communication to those who have much to offer but have experienced a lifetime of barriers to doing so.

Let's not lose sight of our compassion, if only because it is one of the biggest advantages we have over PolitiFord.

Just an aside, I believe Johnny Au has mentioned that he has Autism. It explains some of the fixations he has. He just has a different way of communicating.

Last edited:
Just an aside, I believe Johnny Au has mentioned that he has Autism. It explains some of the fixations he has. He just has a different way of communicating.

And Johnny recently celebrated his first quarter-century as well.

No big deal. His participation here is better than some posters, who've ended up banned multiple times.

The tough questions need to keep being posed to Ford at every opportunity so that he's reminded that these issues aren't just going away.

Johnny Au, if I'm not mistaken, has stated in this forum that he has Asperger's. Individuals with Asperger's tend to communicate differently and have obsessive interests in things or phenomena that others may find uninteresting or strange. It's not harmful. But if it's THAT annoying, you can block him. So can we cut him some slack here? Big time?

Indeed, for those with Autism and Asperger's, basic social interaction is difficult and often fraught with anxiety. Can you walk a mile in those shoes for a while? Thank goodness for the digital world, as it has opened up avenues of communication to those who have much to offer but have experienced a lifetime of barriers to doing so.

Let's not lose sight of our compassion, if only because it is one of the biggest advantages we have over PolitiFord.

Oh I know, and you're totally right. It's why I didn't say anything (although I totally get that me replying negates that). It's an annoyance, but I get it. I have a friend who is on the autistic spectrum too and she has the same obsessive inclinations.

Someone in the media really needs to hammer Ford on this whole 'I'm not perfect, maybe you are?' disingenuous BS.

He's not expected to be perfect.

He's expected to be truthful as much of the time as possible, no matter how painful it might be.

Not to lie or prevaricate most of the time.

Not to lie about lies he's told before.

Not to claim that he's stopped/started doing something as a way of rehabilitating himself and then clearly failing to follow through but acting as if that's always okay because, hey, he tried and he's not perfect like that cabal of mythically perfect downtown elites who insist on holding him to account whenever he makes a promise or commitment.

It seems like Ford is much more interested in making the appearance of a commitment (going to stop doing x, start doing y) than in following through on it, and that he can wheel out the 'I failed because I'm not perfect' defence because it supposedly catches out the critics in the way that 'I failed because I didn't really try' doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back