545     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asks people not to interrupt him - immediately interrupts a reporter asking him a question.

It was Daniel Dale:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2h

Ford tried to ignore my question about how he imposed a "revenue tool." Then evades, then threatens to leave the scrum.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2h

I asked how Ford can claim to oppose revenue tools when he imposed a revenue tool. Total silence for a few seconds.

It's a little bit annoying and distracting to be honest. I can't recall the campaign manager for any other candidate in any other kind of election being so in front of the camera so often. Obamas' CM? Millers' CM? Harpers' CM? ....????

Yeah - why doesn't Dug just run and let Slob go back to Deco...?

Slob is like a 330lb sock puppet to Dugs' own stump campaign...

Simply question for the Fords. Why do we have three mayors at the moment? And why do we need two mayors come Oct.27th?

Hahaha... conflict of interest complaint against Blair. Scorched earth policy continues--

reporterdonpeat 4:52pm via Web
Office of the Independent Police Review Director is investigating Cllr Doug Ford's complaint against Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair.

Last edited:
According to Don Peat, Doug is on The Agenda on Thursday night. Is Doug running for mayor again? :confused:
It will be a recorded interview (recorded today). Robyn Doolittle will be on as well. So, sadly, I don't think they (DoFo and Robyn) will be on set at the same time.

I can't recall the campaign manager for any other candidate in any other kind of election being so in front of the camera so often. Obamas' CM? Millers' CM? Harpers' CM? ....????
But those candidates could be trusted to stay on topic and not make any shocking revelations about drug use or their sex lives.

So far today, I have heard RoFo being interviewed by Agar and Lorne Honickman. Whereas yesterday DoFo was on with Ryan Doyle and Edward Keenan who were challenging his answers. Maybe RoFo does the softball interviewers and DoFo, being the 'smart' one does the harder interviews?

It will be a recorded interview (recorded today). Robyn Doolittle will be on as well. So, sadly, I don't think they (DoFo and Robyn) will be on set at the same time.

But those candidates could be trusted to stay on topic and not make any shocking revelations about drug use or their sex lives.

So far today, I have heard RoFo being interviewed by Agar and Lorne Honickman. Whereas yesterday DoFo was on with Ryan Doyle and Edward Keenan who were challenging his answers. Maybe RoFo does the softball interviewers and DoFo, being the 'smart' one does the harder interviews?

Oh I would love it if Robyn and Doug would be on at the same time!

As an aside, Doug keeps calling Soknacki "Sonacki" on that 1010 soundcloud.

Rob Ford is running for mayor. Doug Ford, campaign manager, seems to be also running for mayor.

John Tory is running for mayor. ?, campaign manager, seems to not be running for mayor.

Karen Stintz is running for mayor. ?, campaign manager, seems to not be running for mayor.

I think we're missing a couple of people. Do other campaign managers for the other candidates get so much press coverage?

Wonder if the Ford Bros are also agitated about this:
$2.1 million seized in police drug bust
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ges_in_project_green_giant_investigation.html

interesting... remember how Ford mysteriously showed up at that high school basketball game in Brampton a few weeks ago?

Nitesh Taylor, 35, of Roehampton Ave., Antonio Sergi, 50, of Brampton and Edward Vaserbakh, 35, of Toronto, were charged with possession of marijuana and hashish, as well as possession of the proceeds of crime.

Pretty tenuous as a connection, but wild speculation is half the fun, right?

Hahaha... conflict of interest complaint against Blair. Scorched earth policy continues--

reporterdonpeat 4:52pm via Web
Office of the Independent Police Review Director is investigating Cllr Doug Ford's complaint against Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair.

Took DoFo long enough to file a complaint - sounds like a "Hail Mary" to me. Something Big and Really Bad must be about to happen regarding Brazen II...

Where is Metroman and JimmiT???

Tory jumping in is another item on the growing list suggesting charges against Ford are imminent.

Tory certainly must have inside information. Without some of Ford Nation, Tory has a real chance of losing to Chow with a split vote in the right. There's no way Tory risks losing AGAIN that obviously.

Two part TPS complaint from Doug regarding Blair's ethical behaviour.

KatieSimpson24 5:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Complaint 1 -- Chief speaking at Oct. 31st news conference, saying he was disappointed in the Mayor. (This was the crack tape news conf)

Complaint 2 -- about fishing trip Chief took with TPS Board Member Andy Pringle.

Two part TPS complaint from Doug regarding Blair's ethical behaviour.

Complaint 1 -- Chief speaking at Oct. 31st news conference, saying he was disappointed in the Mayor. (This was the crack tape news conf)

Complaint 2 -- about fishing trip Chief took with TPS Board Member Andy Pringle.

Complaint 1 - Big whoop. When you consider that the Chief is commenting on someone who REFUSES to meet with the TPS to answer questions then I think the strategy of compelling the Mayor to come clean via using the media is a valid tactic.

Complaint 2 - Who cares....?

Complaint 1 - Big whoop. When you consider that the Chief is commenting on someone who REFUSES to meet with the TPS to answer questions then I think the strategy of compelling the Mayor to come clean via using the media is a valid tactic.

Complaint 2 - Who cares....?

And again - why is Doug filing this complaint on Rob's behalf? Would it not be taken more seriously if the complaint came from the Mayor?

Would it also have more bearing down the road if the Mayor filed a harassment case against the TPS for the complaint to come from the Mayor himself?

Also, he prefaced his remarks to indicate that he wasn't making them as police chief, but just as a citizen of the city.

Maybe Doug's right though, lets let the RCMP handle this. See Rob Ford turn down their interview requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back