575     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 647     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope this isn't major part of the Ford campaign strategy.

Lashing out like cornered honey badgers is the only 'stratergy' they have. Sadly (or happily, depending on your tastes in entertainment) we will likely see a lot more of this. Doug's already out there with his 'blue-blood v. blue collar' stump. He should rethink that. It's very permeable. No fan of Kouvalis, (or Tory, FWIW) but he will likely take a 'moderate, statesman, Mayor of All the people' approach with Tory. And Doug will continue to bleat his divisive nonsense. The media will likely become more rabid with the Fords as the deferential kneel tilts to Tory.

Last edited:
Some satirical Ford campaign signs for anyone who is interested. Feel free to spread these around.

BADMAYOR.jpg

flag version.jpg

fordnomore.jpg

more working.jpg

striving.jpg

worst mayor ever.jpg

Attachments

• BADMAYOR.jpg
    BADMAYOR.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 438
  • flag version.jpg
    flag version.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 425
  • fordnomore.jpg
    fordnomore.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 431
  • more working.jpg
    more working.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 417
  • striving.jpg
    striving.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 433
  • worst mayor ever.jpg
    worst mayor ever.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 447
An addition to the "Cab drivers support the Fords" meme:

I was in a cab today, and the driver was complaining about the streetcars. He then mentioned that he supported Rob Ford, and boy was it on! I wasn't in the best listening kind of mood, so our discussion wasn't all that friendly.

Anyway, what killed me was the Greek (not Italian!) cabbie then said: "All politicians lie. At least, with Rob Ford, he is like a baby and you can tell when he is lying."
So basically, he said RF is an imbecile, and better the imbecile you know, than one you don't!

What kind of culture do we live in?

I need to print out the Ford Lies list and hand it out to all cabbies.

You know what? This is a good idea. Print out the list of Ford's various malfeasances and a have a few copies handy to give to people who start spouting nonsense. I think I'll actually do this.

Stintz: "I know there are ways we can fund that portion of the downtown relief line without going to people and asking them to pay more"

Coming up next: Karen's secret plan to win the Vietnam War. Oh, wait ...

(Yes, I know that many people claim that Nixon was misquoted. Humour me.)

So far today, I have heard RoFo being interviewed by Agar and Lorne Honickman. Whereas yesterday DoFo was on with Ryan Doyle and Edward Keenan who were challenging his answers. Maybe RoFo does the softball interviewers and DoFo, being the 'smart' one does the harder interviews?

Actually, I think Siobhan Morris tweeted that 1010 called Doug Ford last night for his reaction, not the other way around. They clearly caught him off guard and ill-prepared. Best part was the open laughter when Ford claimed their radio show was objective!

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 18m
Letter from OIPRD to Doug Ford says they have reviewed complaints, and determined conduct alleged against Blair may constitute misconduct.

Obviously Doug Ford would never lie or exaggerate, but has anyone actually seen the letter? Or is this a Fordian interpretation of the letter's contents? Seems strange that the OIPRD would allude to potential misconduct before actually undertaking an investigation.

Obviously Doug Ford would never lie or exaggerate, but has anyone actually seen the letter? Or is this a Fordian interpretation of the letter's contents? Seems strange that the OIPRD would allude to potential misconduct before actually undertaking an investigation.

I think the point is they opened the investigation because they determined there may be misconduct.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._against_toronto_police_chief_bill_blair.html

A letter addressed to Ford and dated Feb. 21 says the Office of the Independent Police Review Director will probe the councillor’s complaint, after the Toronto Police Services Board determined that it “may constitute misconduct” under the Police Services Act. The letter was published online by Sun Media on Monday.

Photo of the letter is here:
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/24/oiprd-probing-doug-fords-complaint-against-chief-bill-blair

Last edited:
I like how the "may" is italicized in the "may have been misconduct" part of the letter. Like they were trying to not get Doug's hopes up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back