577     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 647     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took DoFo long enough to file a complaint - sounds like a "Hail Mary" to me. Something Big and Really Bad must be about to happen regarding Brazen II...

Where is Metroman and JimmiT???

More likely that political points to be scored are worth more during the campaign than they were a few months back, IMO.

Important note for the TPS complaint lodged by Doug. TPS Board member Andy Pringle is a close friend and advisor of John Tory.

I'd vote for a candidate who says, "I believe in reasonable tax increases to fund vital city services, such as transit" but that position is untenable in this city at the moment unfortunately. It's the only reason Rob Ford won the election.

Couldn't. Agree. More.

Important note for the TPS complaint lodged by Doug. TPS Board member Andy Pringle is a close friend and advisor of John Tory.

The irony and the linkage really shouldn't matter to the complaint - all that tells me is that John Tory is well connected to smart, relevant people...

Next....?

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 18m
Letter from OIPRD to Doug Ford says they have reviewed complaints, and determined conduct alleged against Blair may constitute misconduct

I can't see either of these complaints (if they hold water) being serious enough to warrant major sanctions for the Chief. Probably just get an official reprimand or something. We all know this is Dougs last shot at having the Chief removed and having Brazen II killed/shelved.

Letter from OIPRD to Doug Ford says they have reviewed complaints, and determined conduct alleged against Blair may constitute misconduct

I can't see either of these complaints (if they hold water) being serious enough to warrant major sanctions for the Chief. Probably just get an official reprimand or something. We all know this is Dougs last shot at having the Chief removed and having Brazen II killed/shelved.

A plague on both their houses. Remember the G20?

I'm all for fair and balanced, but not at the expense of truth.

EVB: Great sentence here - I went back to find this quote because this is exactly how I feel...The FOX News Channel in the US
uses this statement but I feel that it should actually be "Fair and Balanced - to the Right" and their other statement "We Report -
You Decide" can also be challenged...and this should never be at any expense to what IS the TRUTH...

In the case of Rob Ford the Truth will either set him free...or find him guilty for the accusations that he faces...

This also makes me think of John Lennon's song "Gimme Some Truth"...

LI MIKE

An addition to the "Cab drivers support the Fords" meme:

I was in a cab today, and the driver was complaining about the streetcars. He then mentioned that he supported Rob Ford, and boy was it on! I wasn't in the best listening kind of mood, so our discussion wasn't all that friendly.

Anyway, what killed me was the Greek (not Italian!) cabbie then said: "All politicians lie. At least, with Rob Ford, he is like a baby and you can tell when he is lying."
So basically, he said RF is an imbecile, and better the imbecile you know, than one you don't!

What kind of culture do we live in?

I need to print out the Ford Lies list and hand it out to all cabbies.

If Bill Blair saying he's disappointed in the mayor counts as misconduct, what does the mayor publicly ranting that the chief of police is a cocksucker count as?

Seeing and hearing Doug spew about John Tory being all about the blue bloods, the elites and the establishment makes my blood boil. It reminded me of the pic someone kindly posted in here, showing Doug's wife dressed head to toe in Chanel, carrying a Chanel shopping bag. Please, someone send that pic to The Star or anyone else who can expose him for who he really is. "Blue Collar Folks", my arse.....

Agree! These complaints can't be more than a "slap on the wrist" kind of deal.

OTOH, maybe Blair will have to screen the video to show why the "disappointed" comment was justified.:)

Either way, I sure hope this isn't major part of the Ford campaign strategy.

Is this some sort of misguided attempt by Doug to get a message of victimhood out in front of the upcoming charges?

If he thinks that will fool the electorate, much less a jury, it's pretty sad.

If Bill Blair saying he's disappointed in the mayor counts as misconduct, what does the mayor publicly ranting that the chief of police is a cocksucker count as?

Blair was “disappointed” by what he saw on video. He got into trouble for saying that. So, just show all of us the video in question. Maybe, we will all be "disappointed" as well when we all see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back