387     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 537     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
She attacks *everyone* personally. Was tempted to remind her recently that she met her partner while interfering with a media complaint about coverage of a property dispute. Seems she was okay with fraudulent use of a handicapped parking space.

Her 'point' was that everyone has skeketons in the closet, regarding Wong-Tam lending her credit card to QuAIA.

Didn't want to have her turn on me, though.
What is QuAIA?

Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion's commentary about crack smoking and drunk Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.

[video=youtube;FflXv3HJJ6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FflXv3HJJ6M[/video]

Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion's commentary about crack smoking and drunk Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.

Kinda upset they went with *that* for entertainment value instead of pointing out the insanity of the "I lied because I didn't want to tell the truth" one. Reminds me why I don't watch a lot of late night. Only Stewart and Colbert seem to reliably make a farce of politics, instead of going for cheap laughs.

Kinda upset they went with *that* for entertainment value instead of pointing out the insanity of the "I lied because I didn't want to tell the truth" one. Reminds me why I don't watch a lot of late night. Only Stewart and Colbert seem to reliably make a farce of politics, instead of going for cheap laughs.

i agree this one is weak, but i've really enjoyed most of jimmy kimmel's coverage... almost feels like he's a torontonian for a moment.

Is Sue Ann Levy really writing a book? I was just reading her twitter feed and she seems like a horrible person. She made a comment to Robyn Doolittle about it. She seems to have quite a disdain for The Star and makes it personal.
SAL is a true heterophobe, and spits out all the edicts of her puppet masters with all dogmatic fervor. She is Ann Coulter's mini-me, at least in my opinion. I have read her tweets, and they just contain venom, and contrariness that is due to a troll.
i agree this one is weak, but i've really enjoyed most of jimmy kimmel's coverage... almost feels like he's a torontonian for a moment.
The fun fact is that the Fords' think that the interest of the U.S. media is due to Robbie being a "rock star", and not just because Robbie is a distraction/"what not to do" moment to fill in between actual news.

Last edited:
SAL is a true heterophobe, and spits out all the edicts of her puppet masters with all dogmatic fervor. She is Ann Coulter's mini-me, at least in my opinion. I have read her tweets, and they just contain venom, and contrariness that is due to a troll.

I don't think she's actually a heterophobe; in fact she seems to really want the approval of straight conservatives and looks down on any LGBT person to the left of her. She's equal-opportunity when it comes to making up silly, pissy names for people (apparently the fact that Miller's hair was blond was A TERRIBLE THING TO BE MOCKED).

What I can't understand about SAL is how she can defend such a fervent bigot given that she's gay. Ford has ever more blatantly attacked the gay community and by extension her right to being herself in society without being subjected to judgement and ridicule. Maybe she could look away when he at least tried to leave homophobia to ambiguity but not now. Her continued support makes no sense.

That aside, this woman is a putrid human being, finding each and every excuse to without any restraint or filter attack people who she doesn't agree with while ignoring immediately obvious evidence contrary to her claims. She does it in her columns, on Twitter and in person as I've had the unpleasant opportunity of sitting near her in City Council as she spread her hate to citizens in attendance.

I think that even The Toronto Sun has had enough of her, first moving her off the City Hall beat to the quieter Queens Park press gallery and then finally hiding her in a back room doing research, only occasionally letting her out to write an opinion piece.

I watched the documentary, The Armstrong Lie this weekend and I can't help but think Lance Armstrong's story is eerily similar to Rob Ford's story thus far. When you look back at Armstrong's bullying, lying and being caught, there's a lot of similarities.

Lance Armstrong had millions of fans throughout his career despite the controversy that surrounded him. Rob Ford obviously has his "nation" of supporters who will defend him at every turn.

Lance Armstrong was a bully to anyone who spoke out against him. Greg LeMond was one the first people to accuse Armstong of doping. Armstrong went after him and his business by getting Trek Bicycles to cut their ties with LeMond's business. When Frankie Andreu tried to leave the USPS team, Armstrong made sure no other teams would give him a contract. Ford and his brother have regularly gone after councillors who disagree with them, called for Bill Blair's resignation and encouraged a slate of councillors to oust those who don't vote alongside him. Gary Webster anyone?

Armstrong worked with the controversial Dr. Michele Ferrari, who brought doping to a new level. Ferrari knew the doctors in anti-doping agencies and could help his clients cheat by having insider knowledge about when tests could be conducted and what they would be looking for. When Armstrong was questioned about his relationship with Ferarri, Armstrong saw no reason why anybody would draw a conclusion that he was doping. Rob Ford has countless sketchy characters in his life, many of whom are involved in serious illegal activities. Ford doesn't see why anyone would draw any conclusions about him regarding these relationships.

Armstrong was never actually caught and retired shortly before dozens of cyclists were busted for doping. Though he was never technically caught by tests, the man's life is the epitome of the saying, "where there's smoke, there's fire." It was only after a decade long witch hunt and countless testimonies of Armstrong' doping, did he finally come forward and admit the truth. Ford has never been charged with anything serious as mayor and most of what we know about him, still isn't proven in court. As people around Ford quit their jobs, we can only hope that they will speak up and shed some light his behaviour.

Both men were the subject of an intense, well-deserved witch hunts. With Armstrong it took over a decade of pressure of international media and anti-doping agencies. There was definitely fire behind his smoke, it just took a lot of time and pressure to find it. I believe the same is true of Ford and we'll learn the rest of the truth one day. Maybe Doug's claim of Oprah's OWN network contacting them for interviews won't be far off from the eventual truth.

I don't think she's actually a heterophobe; in fact she seems to really want the approval of straight conservatives and looks down on any LGBT person to the left of her. She's equal-opportunity when it comes to making up silly, pissy names for people (apparently the fact that Miller's hair was blond was A TERRIBLE THING TO BE MOCKED).
Her fear of being someone just "normal" is what fuels her heterophobia; I would not be surprised by the depths of her loathings to be excepted.
What I can't understand about SAL is how she can defend such a fervent bigot given that she's gay. Ford has ever more blatantly attacked the gay community and by extension her right to being herself in society without being subjected to judgement and ridicule. Maybe she could look away when he at least tried to leave homophobia to ambiguity but not now. Her continued support makes no sense.
Remember, Dougie has divided "gays" into "good gays" and "bad gays" depending of they want to run up and down the street "buck naked"... or it could just be that "streets are for cars". Craving acceptance will always over ride our self worth, and allow insecurities to take charge in the end.

Rob Ford is behind the score-fixing against Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. Calling it now. He bet heavy on the American team. You can say, he put all his weight behind it.

Queers Against Israeli Apartheid.

Funny, I said the exact same thing in response to that post except I also stated "They're a bunch of assholes." and it seems that post got deleted. How fascinating that I'm not allowed to have that opinion about a group that is objectively disruptive and extremist.

Her fear of being someone just "normal" is what fuels her heterophobia; I would not be surprised by the depths of her loathings to be excepted. Remember, Dougie has divided "gays" into "good gays" and "bad gays" depending of they want to run up and down the street "buck naked"... or it could just be that "streets are for cars". Craving acceptance will always over ride our self worth, and allow insecurities to take charge in the end.

I believe that may be a relatively common attitude among some of the more 'progressive' Conservatives. You might find a parallel among some of the more open minded well heeled southerners 50ish years ago, that 'I don't have any problem with most [African Americans] but those few fighting for equality really need to not be so uppity.' 'I don't mind that they are gay, but why the hell do they need to be so PUBLIC about it, and rub it in my face like that...' (when it's so clear I'd like it rubbed THIS way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back