849     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 756     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 572     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show is out. About what you'd expect...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EWjhEhwl4&app=desktop

Three things that amused me on first view:
-They have a Gmail address to send questions to. I guess their lawyer took all the Hotmail addresses and they couldn't figure out how to set up a Geocities site.
-Even though it's brand new, they already have questions "from all over the world" sent to them!
-Why did Rob lie? Because everyone lies.

Crazy Town coming to a screen near you?

ET Canada‏@ETCanada·28 mins
Film & TV rights to @robyndoolittle book Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story have been bought? Tweet us who you would cast as the mayor?

there was a report showing he got a lot of donations from outside Toronto proper but overall I think that's a lot of wishful thinking on the part of 416ers. Look around the 905 and you'll see some characters on council but no one in Ford's league.

True; and I've always emphasized that (i.e. if Ford's worthy of the boondocks, then how come the boondocks don't elect characters that loathesome?) However, I suspect the Ford love is wishful thinking on 905ers part as well, i.e. "why can't we have politicians like that?"

It's hard to watch and listen to them, but I sucked it up to hear him address his lies about drugs. He claims he lied because he was embarrassed. But here's the thing--he's still only told a tiny fraction of the truth. I don't believe he feels any remorse for his actions. Rob is arrogant and entitled and feels he should be allowed to do whatever he wants without consequences. He just wants people to accept a bare minimum apology so he can stay mayor.

Hopefully The Star will go through the video and out all his lies like they did at the debate.

A few posters have spoken with some former Ford supporters who will not vote for him again, but has anyone talked to a new Ford supporter ? Can there be such an animal ?

It's nuts how much more composed Doug is than Rob. Rob keeps staring at the ceiling or the table, just acting strangely distant and disassociated from the entire process. Like he's dead inside.

And that's their whole "show"? A few short and awkward videos? Way to hit the ground running, boys. Their staffers uploaded it in the wrong order too, so their introduction video actually shows up as the most recent upload.

Oy vey.

It's bothering me how the Vancouver story that was published in the weekend is being pushed out by the YouTube story. It's a PR 101 move by the Fords and the media is falling for it. I wonder how many of those who don't follow the news (ie Ford Nation) completely missed the story.

At least now that Robble is back to openly getting wasted, it won't be long before his antics are front page again.

N.B. when I try to type "Fords", the autocorrect keeps switching it to "Duds". :p

Last edited:
I live in Scarborough, and took a cab home from Warden station last week. The driver told me he liked Ford because he smoked a lot of weed, and seemed ok with the crack use too. Things got awkward pretty quickly. If the only questionable thing Ford ever did was get high on the weekends, no big deal. But we all know it's a lot more serious than that.

...and you continued to ride in the cab?

No offence to those who can drive effectively on crack of course....

The atmosphere must be getting pretty thin up there for the Ford brothers as they continue their brave journey to the very top of Bullsh*t Mountain...

Re Ford funding - I think he did have something like 40 percent coming from outside the 416....it can be dug up on this thread somewhere, my google fu is failing me.

It'a better to be known as a drug-addicted mayor than something much worse--

KatieSimpson24 9:21am via Twitter for iPhone
Deputy Mayor says "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" in regards to Mayor's admission on drug experimentation/lying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back