814     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 726     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 565     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a weird aspirational aspect to some of the younger Ford Nation supporters who are still hanging on. He's got a well-paid job with zero responsibilities, he has no filter-he says what ever pops into his head, he's getting wasted 24/7-sometimes at work, he's a celebrity wherever he goes... Rob's not living a lie to these people, he's living their dream.

I'd like to think that demographic is mostly people who are too young to vote, don't actually live in Toronto or don't bother to vote. Some combination of those.

This is not the tale of a sad little man not having any breaks in life!

This is the story of a family cartel with that sense of entitlement, with children that have run amok with it. It is yet to be revealed the true alleged criminality.......remember the lisi/ ford manilla envelopes and the white plastic bags! Most likely drugs in one and cashola in the other.

How would a connected individual handle some punk kid threatening to expose drug use?

These potential charges (in my mind) are going to be some serious, world breaking news! Not some crackhead caught doing the hezza on tape!
Once Rob Ford's arrest is broadcast to the world, comedians will have a field day.

True. Very true. I heard that many of the most loyal Ford Nationals are actually 905ers who cannot vote for their man.

there was a report showing he got a lot of donations from outside Toronto proper but overall I think that's a lot of wishful thinking on the part of 416ers. Look around the 905 and you'll see some characters on council but no one in Ford's league.

Even if it was true that a lot of 905ers wanted to vote for Ford, every single person who DID vote for him lives in the 416. (On a smaller scale we've also seen a lot of downtowners blame the suburbs for Ford.) Toronto has to accept some responsibility for this and part of that process, IMHO, is making a concerted effort to end and heal the embarrassing city/suburb "divide" that he has exploited and exacerbated. It was perhaps Miller's greatest flaw (well, after the garbage strike) and Ford has ridden it to the bank. The best way to take away his ammo is to have someone who can sincerely speak to everyone.

No. Not at all. Actually the timing of a recent breakthrough in the case seems to support that he is in fact helping the police. Lisi was charged, soon after Brazen 2 was rumored to have begun to wrap up with no charges on Ford. Suddenly things change and I get tips that "they got him" and the investigation is now still ongoing past it's planned wrap up. At that same time, it becomes known that Ford has been hanging out with Lisi and Lisi is ok with it, being seen with Ford in a public place. Finally, Giroux is now openly talking about the case unfraid of tipping off Ford because he's now confident that he's going to reel in this fish no matter what.

That last point is important because before the ITO was made public, Brazen 2 was so top secret that even Chief Blair was keeping himself at arms length. Now every cop on the force seems to know intimate details of the investigation and the phase it's currently in.

Sorry, I took from your original post that the Lisi arrest had always been collateral for the TPS, as if to say they always had the goods on Ford, regardless of Lisi. I see you are saying that Lisi's arrest led to the break in the case. I mentioned it a while back, but why would the TPS and Crown want Lisi interacting with Ford in public, if he is their star witness?

True. Very true. I heard that many of the most loyal Ford Nationals are actually 905ers who cannot vote for their man.

Since a vote for Ford is basically a vote against Toronto, it's not surprising that many of his supporters would prefer not to live here.

Now every cop on the force seems to know intimate details of the investigation and the phase it's currently in.

Or they just think they do, because it's in the news and everyone wants to feel like they're part of something big, and be the one to give an 'inside scoop' to their friends. They couldn't do that if they actually investigated the source of every rumour. Rumours swirl in every workplace, and they're not always accurate. How do you know your information is reliable? I mean, I don't want to be a jerk, but you've kinda said this stuff before. Don't get me wrong, I don't think *you're* intentionally trying to mislead anyone.

I live in Scarborough, and took a cab home from Warden station last week. The driver told me he liked Ford because he smoked a lot of weed, and seemed ok with the crack use too. Things got awkward pretty quickly. If the only questionable thing Ford ever did was get high on the weekends, no big deal. But we all know it's a lot more serious than that.

Perhaps it was the influence of the student planning conference I went to this week‬, but it is a shame that Rob Ford is such a proponent of single zoned land use suburbia. Just imagine all the things you could find within walking distance in a mixed use neighbourhood he would create:

- Crack house
- Subway
- Brothel
- Mega mall
- All you can eat Chinese buffet (with LCBO licence)
- Ferris wheel
- NFL sized stadium
- Monorail

Sure there wouldn't be too many bike lanes or libraries, but damn that would be a totally awesome neighbourhood to live in!

Or they just think they do, because it's in the news and everyone wants to feel like they're part of something big, and be the one to give an 'inside scoop' to their friends. They couldn't do that if they actually investigated the source of every rumour. Rumours swirl in every workplace, and they're not always accurate. How do you know your information is reliable? I mean, I don't want to be a jerk, but you've kinda said this stuff before. Don't get me wrong, I don't think *you're* intentionally trying to mislead anyone.

there is absolutely nothing 'in the news' about the actual content of the investigation. there is nothing being reported about the 'actual phase of the investigation'. the fact that an investigation even exists is barely acknowledged. the 'news' such as it is, is almost entirely focused on the spectacle of his flameout.

the fact is, nobody knows anything about what's really going on with the police, and there's not a person on this board that knows for certain what Rob Ford is going to be charged with. a few like MM and Jimmi T might know a bit more, because they have active contacts, but that's about it.

So college football player Michael Sam comes out in the midst of Ford going on his homophobic downward spiral. Wonder what the conversation on Sports Junkies will be like................

there is absolutely nothing 'in the news' about the actual content of the investigation. there is nothing being reported about the 'actual phase of the investigation'. the fact that an investigation even exists is barely acknowledged. the 'news' such as it is, is almost entirely focused on the spectacle of his flameout.

Of course, but the fact the investigation is active *has* been in the news, and the existence of the investigation itself has been in the news ever since it was revealed. Which is why rumours would swirl in the organization responsible for the investigation, and why police might be spreading rumours to their friends and family, despite the veracity of those claims.

I don't really doubt the rumours as in, "It's likely they are untrue" nor do I believe them as in, "It's likely they are true". I have no opinion because I simply don't know. All I'm saying is that similar rumours from likely similar sources have been untrue in the past.

Of course, but the fact the investigation is active *has* been in the news, and the existence of the investigation itself has been in the news ever since it was revealed. Which is why rumours would swirl in the organization responsible for the investigation, and why police might be spreading rumours to their friends and family, despite the veracity of those claims.

I don't really doubt the rumours as in, "It's likely they are untrue" nor do I believe them as in, "It's likely they are true". I have no opinion because I simply don't know. All I'm saying is that similar rumours from likely similar sources have been untrue in the past.

Nothing is confirmed until an arrest finally happens. But based on circumstantial evidence, things do seem to be pointing to such a conclusion. This time, I really feel it's time to start holding my breath!:)

So college football player Michael Sam comes out in the midst of Ford going on his homophobic downward spiral. Wonder what the conversation on Sports Junkies will be like................

Fords' YouTube show comes out today too. It will be a slog to watch it and mine it for content, but I guess I'm addicted to watching the trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back