News   Jul 18, 2024
 388     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bank of Canada scratches plan to feature Rob Ford on new $15 bill

the orange-hued $15 bill was to feature an image of an inebriated Rob Ford on one side of the bill, in a ‘yelling at nobody in particular’ pose, says artist, Julian Kelly.

“We wanted to capture the Rob Ford we’ve all come to know and love,” said Kelly. “The image of Ford was designed to include a holographic background resembling the euphoric high one experiences after freebasing crack cocaine, before falling into a low and ultimately having your life and career spiral completely out of control.”

The opposite side of the Ford banknote was to feature an image of a run-down inner city neighbourhood meant to resemble those found in big cities throughout Canada, where one might find a crack house.

http://urbananomie.com/2013/11/07/bank-of-canada-scratches-plan-to-feature-rob-ford-on-new-15-bill/

There's a weird aspirational aspect to some of the younger Ford Nation supporters who are still hanging on. He's got a well-paid job with zero responsibilities, he has no filter-he says what ever pops into his head, he's getting wasted 24/7-sometimes at work, he's a celebrity wherever he goes... Rob's not living a lie to these people, he's living their dream.

Last edited:
Learned something interesting recently. This might have been in Robyn's book. The Star actually knew a month ahead of time the exact time and place the Project Traveller raids were happening. And the source wasn't police. On the other hand, Ford had no idea there was even an investigation underway. If he did know, who thinks he would've tipped off his dealers buddies? I do, at least before they tried to blackmail him.

so the star knew the raid was coming a few days before we learned of the crack video? they knew the guys trying to sell the video were going to be arrested soon?

Last edited:
I don't get his appeal. He's an irredeemable liar, his drinking and drugging should be an affront to anyone with a sense of decency and he certainly hasn't saved anywhere near as much money as he claims. Who can countenance such a repulsive person except perhaps someone who embraces their own hypocrisy?

It's been said before, but his appeal seems to come from tapping into festering resentments held by voters who have felt marginalized participating in our political system. His secret, say things that these voters want to hear (low taxes, high service, elites are bad, etc), do next to nothing to achieve his promises, and be assured that his base will not care, because they will not be aware. Ford has a base which is appallingly poorly informed about politics. This benefited him in a year with low voter engagement and turnout, as this group's votes had a bigger proportional impact than in past elections. I'm betting that in 2014, Ford's die hards will not be able to help him win because the centre right voters who voted for Ford will not be there to swell the ranks.

Yes to this.
Despite the indignities Ford has inflicted on the city, if whatever is maybe gonna happen, happens, it ought be treated with dignity. Please, no perp march. Just do it when it's solid to do so. Quietly.

Regardless, prior to this, The Sun's headline will be: "Chief to Ford: Surrender. Or Else.", The Globe? "Mayor encouraged to address charges" (Which would be Gee on an aggressive day). The Star, well, it'll be "Rob Ford To Be Charged with Several Offences". Lord knows what the Post will say. Probably a meek A3 followed by a cautiously worded, vaguely supportive redundancy by Jon Kay in the op-ed.

I think some people will need to see the image of Ford in handcuffs to believe it. Otherwise Ford will spin it as the cops just wanting to ask him a few questions, which he can't talk about because it's before the courts. And we all know there is a certain segment of the population that only listens to what he says.

I can't believe people are still impressed by this criminal sack of garbage merely showing up where they are. If you believe Ford is a decent guy you'll believe anything.

The girl who posted the photo seems to think he's TOMayorFrod. I'd be happy to meet him in person too.

No, I believe Doolittle mentioned in her live chat last week on the Star website that they didn't go to police. She said something like "only if a person was in danger" would they have.

If I recall, Star reporters got the tip on the Traveller raids from investigative work by Jamie Poisson. I might be wrong about that...

I think some people will need to see the image of Ford in handcuffs to believe it. Otherwise Ford will spin it as the cops just wanting to ask him a few questions, which he can't talk about because it's before the courts. And we all know there is a certain segment of the population that only listens to what he says.

I wasn't there to see it happen in front of my eyes, so I refuse to believe it. The picture was photoshopped by the media that is out to get him. Rob is an honest man! His personal life is no one's business and it has nothing to with his job, because subways.

FORD MORE YEARS!!

I wasn't there to see it happen in front of my eyes, so I refuse to believe it. The picture was photoshopped by the media that is out to get him. Rob is an honest man! His personal life is no one's business and it has nothing to with his job, because subways.

FORD MORE YEARS!
Ford Nation does not believe that life existed before they were born, as they were unable to see it in their own eyes.

There a lot of people "like" Rob Ford out there

They think everyone lies, uses drugs, drinks too much etc... so it's not a big deal to them

It is possible to be against the prohibition of drugs and enjoy a drink or twelve on your spare time without turning into Rob Ford. I think you're selling a lot of people short.

Everyone is tempted by vice in one way or another. Rob Ford is what happens when a profoundly unintelligent man gives in to it. But, plenty of intelligent people do too (and they don't like Rob Ford)

Does this change your view that Lisi has been working with the Police?

No. Not at all. Actually the timing of a recent breakthrough in the case seems to support that he is in fact helping the police. Lisi was charged, soon after Brazen 2 was rumored to have begun to wrap up with no charges on Ford. Suddenly things change and I get tips that "they got him" and the investigation is now still ongoing past it's planned wrap up. At that same time, it becomes known that Ford has been hanging out with Lisi and Lisi is ok with it, being seen with Ford in a public place. Finally, Giroux is now openly talking about the case unfraid of tipping off Ford because he's now confident that he's going to reel in this fish no matter what.

That last point is important because before the ITO was made public, Brazen 2 was so top secret that even Chief Blair was keeping himself at arms length. Now every cop on the force seems to know intimate details of the investigation and the phase it's currently in.

This is not the tale of a sad little man not having any breaks in life!

This is the story of a family cartel with that sense of entitlement, with children that have run amok with it. It is yet to be revealed the true alleged criminality.......remember the lisi/ ford manilla envelopes and the white plastic bags! Most likely drugs in one and cashola in the other.

How would a connected individual handle some punk kid threatening to expose drug use?

These potential charges (in my mind) are going to be some serious, world breaking news! Not some crackhead caught doing the hezza on tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back