417     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 533     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisi isn't in charge of Lisi. It should be clear by the high priced counsel defending him. Whoever is paying for his lawyer will have the final say in his plea. If I were a betting guy, I'd bet that Lisi avoids a trial.

I know what you're saying but Lisi can take whatever deal he wants. I'm assuming at this point that both Ford and Lisi are fully tapped and he was let out on bail to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

I think Lisi will hang tight until and unless

-- he realizes his facing a LONG prison term
-- he thinks both Fords are toast

I don't think Lisi's an idiot. He must know if he's not paying the lawyer, the layer isn't acting in his best interests.

I think we all know who's paying the lawyer.

For months, following this saga, I've been reminded of a certain Watergate cartoon from 1974, and I finally dug it up:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 486
I know what you're saying but Lisi can take whatever deal he wants. I'm assuming at this point that both Ford and Lisi are fully tapped and he was let out on bail to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

I don't think Lisi's an idiot. He must know if he's not paying the lawyer, the layer isn't acting in his best interests.

Lisi is very loyal. He routinely put himself in grave danger to do Ford's bidding. The guy walks into a hissing snakes nest surrounded by Dixon Bloods who he knows are loaded with guns, threatens them and walks out! This guy's got balls of steel! Lisi isn't looking at a long prison term. The Crown may choose to throw the book at him but come on... Hashimi -- the guy who killed Anthony Smith in cold blood -- is doing 9 years.

Lisi is associated with a crime family. If he rolls on Rob then Doug will get him killed in the joint. That's how it will play out guaranteed. He won't roll because it's a choice of time or dying.

I doubt he would do more than five years max anyway.

Just reading the ITO, am I understanding correctly that Gotti is Siyad....they're not really talking about Gotti right?

Lisi isn't in charge of Lisi. It should be clear by the high priced counsel defending him. Whoever is paying for his lawyer will have the final say in his plea. If I were a betting guy, I'd bet that Lisi avoids a trial.

You're not the only one with that sentiment. Many in the TPS including the Chief are very cognizant of the poor optics and would be disappointed to have let Ford get away because they had their eyes aimed higher. If there are no charges, yes the TPS royally screwed up and Giroux is going to be retiring on a rare defeat. I'm not giving up hope until Brazen 2 is declared over and the Crown has finished submitting all the charges. I still think that the Chief is holding himself because he hasn't yet played his full hand.
Blair had to be seen investigating Ford. It was just too public to ignore. It's quite possible they investigated him simply to force him to resign but our Robbie doesn't play by the rules and refuses to go.

You can't deny that there is a strong possibility that the police just wanted the whole shitshow out of the public eye. If they had busted him for a serious offense they could be accused of a political witch hunt. Maybe something scandalous within the TPS or involving the chief gets released.

I'm still not convinced that the cops or the Crown are genuinely trying to put Ford behind bars.

Last edited:
My other reaction to this ITO, is why are we letting so many criminals and gang bangers into the country? Sorry, I had to say it. They never came to Canada with marvellous intentions and intend on carrying on like in their old countries.

I just read the latest ITO, version 4.0 i think!

Ford's phone was returned in april after Lisi exchanged the weed for it.

BUT.....the video was still being peddled up till may?

How could Ford's phone be THE phone used for the crack vid? The timeline doesn't work?

Ford also got a phone call right after Smith was killed (March)..if I recall correctly reading back a few pages. The ITO states Smith "may" have been killed for a theft back in november!

I would postulate that Smith was indeed whacked for the video. Hired by Ford????

Also, good ole Thug was advised by Price where the video could be found, but he still lied its existence and slandered, defamed Torstar/ Doolittle/ Donovan!

There is still more going on here, I believe!!

BTW..I'm nominating Donovan and Doolittle for the Buckeye Newshawk Award ;)

My other reaction to this ITO, is why are we letting so many criminals and gang bangers into the country? Sorry, I had to say it. They never came to Canada with marvellous intentions and intend on carrying on like in their old countries.

Agreed.........the Ford's must be deported!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back