13     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 449     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 555     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading the ITO also Les and I sort of get the impression he was whacked for the video too. Its carefully worded, but I feel that undertone.

My other reaction to this ITO, is why are we letting so many criminals and gang bangers into the country? Sorry, I had to say it. They never came to Canada with marvellous intentions and intend on carrying on like in their old countries.

Most of these criminals are from families that came to Canada as refugees. For reason's I don't quite understand our political leaders in Ottawa felt that Canada had an "obligation" to grant asylum to the largest number of Somalia refugee's in the industrialized world! For instance the Somali diaspora in the United States is numbered at about 100,000. We have that many in Toronto alone! A casual look at crime reports would seem to indicate that at least 50% of the violent crimes including murder involve people from within this group. Of course none of this should come as any surprise. Somalia is the most lawless country in the world where piracy and extortion crimes are a way of life for many. Of all the places in the world why did they choose Canada - a country with a hostile winter climate - to settle? For the same reason that Minnesota is popular with them. Easy and very generous welfare benefits and social services.

Rob ford ain't getting arrested. They word of done that by now before this stuff came out

Yup, the only way he would have ever had a chance of being arrest was if this story stayed quiet from the get-go. Now with everything out there in the open, the Fords (or at least their handlers) know exactly how to wriggle out of this one.

My other reaction to this ITO, is why are we letting so many criminals and gang bangers into the country? Sorry, I had to say it. They never came to Canada with marvellous intentions and intend on carrying on like in their old countries.
Oh, so it's okay to be a prejudiced now? Let's not go there, there are some long-time racists that seem to keep popping up here.

As far as I know, both Rob Ford and Alexander Lisi were both born in Canada.

Most of these criminals are from families that came to Canada as refugees.
sigh ...

Last edited:
You don't need to paint me with a "long time racist brush"! I am no racist, I just don't like when immigrants get in on refugee status and elevate the crimes to the levels of the countries they came from. Come here for a great new life - YES. Not to propagate the crimes of the old country.

I am not prejudiced. I am towards criminals. Not to regular law abiding citizens.
And yet you raised the question of immigrants in the same breath. Surely anyone who is anti-immigrant because they are criminals is the kind of racist that this country doesn't need.

You don't need to paint me with a "long time racist brush"! I am no racist, I just don't like when immigrants get in on refugee status and elevate the crimes to the levels of the countries they came from. Come here for a great new life - YES. Not to propagate the crimes of the old country.
Good grief ... how can anyone say something this racist in public? If you don't think that this is racist, you need to look in a mirror.

Last edited:

So criminal activity should solely be the purview of us native born Canadians? I'm genuinely curious where you're going with this...

People are welcomed into this country, but they don't find it easy to integrate socially, and that shuts them out of a lot of economic opportunities (and a good portion of the labour market for that matter) and then what's left? Crime is a socio-economic phenomenon, not the moral failure it's often made out to be. It's easy to be moral when you're earning a good living.

And yet you raised the question of immigrants in the same breath. Surely anyone who is anti-immigrant because they are criminals is the kind of racist that this country doesn't need.

Good grief ... how can anyone say something this racist in public? If you don't think that this is racist, you need to look in a mirror.

Also, dere stealin' our jobs, eh?

Not really trying to go anywhere with it. I just mean immigration applications should be screened for the type of activity they will bring into the country. If I wanted to immigrate to the USA for example, I would not be allowed in with a criminal record. Of course I don't think criminal activities should be left to native born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back