News   May 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, Bill Maher (slightly NSFW):

[video=youtube;SiyfapEM-O0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiyfapEM-O0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Gosh I hate how foreigners pronounce Toronto.

The third option that Norm Kelly and the executive committee presented to Ford today: call a snap election/referendum.

After all the info I've heard, it makes sense that that's what Ford will do. Ask City Council to vote to request that the Province enact special legislation to call for a by-election. I don't know if Council or the Province will go along but it is a solution because Ford thinks he can win and most of us know that it's he likely will not win and this is the fastest way of getting rid of him.

A snap election makes very little sense. He needs to answer for his actions as mayor. It's not like he is under attack for his political views. He gets high with firearms and cocaine dealers in crack houses... he needs to explain why this is no reason to resign.

Why would we go 'to the voters' before he has offered any sort of explanation? While he accuses the police of conspiring against him? While he denies all accusations?

He should ask for a trial (by suing the police), not an election.

Yeah, that's not the John Blair who works at GFL. Not by a mile. Maybe a cousin? But not that guy.
Surprise. Lots of people in the world. Google your own name and see how many their are, even if you have a less run of the mill name than John Blair. And lots of them are probably bulky potato-head white guys in their 50s or 60s. Chief Blair doesn't have any say in the garbage contracts of the city, so what was Peeper's whacked Bill Blair conspiracy theory on this one anyway? That Ford has dirty ties to GFL but Blair hasn't been pushing for the arrest of Ford on drug troubles because it would implicate his brother who works for a different recycling company whose holding company was the former employer of the guy who runs GFL?

Last edited:
This Ford Nation is crap, when have you ever heard of any former employee of his father's business say what great businessmen he and Dougie are. It fascinates me that someone who has literally done nothing except work for his father's company is held up as an example of success. There is a reason he is in Etobicoke - downtown would eat him alive. You see what Jane&Finch did, he has no idea how to live in the world. On the council for 10 years and never knew what a conflict of interest was, really Etobicoke? He's your savior? Speaks volumes for suburbia. And as for 1010 and it's continued exclusive use of the airways for political matters well that is for the CRTC to decide, and who knows if they really foul up (please God) they can have their license revoked (please, please God). Hey Dougie and Robbie, keep yakking boys it's all rope for the hangman.

I don't think it'll happen but that was one of the options presented by Councillor Kelly. Ford took it. The other two involved him quitting and getting help. So there was only one option really.

Reminds me of this song ...

So I'm in San Jose, California, flipping through the local newspaper. Page 9, 1/4 page story entitled "Toronto mayor's lawyer lashes out at police chief" which leads me to believe its a follow up story. I'm so proud.....
So you can sell yourself on blue diamonds
Call Vice, it takes a day to explain the crime
You laugh at what the LA Times says about us
But delight at my first try at being sly
Finished the third page
Time for a break
You make a gang sign framing your faceTime for the hard light
Time to get dressed
Good luck, God bless

-- Blue Diamonds The Long Winters

I'm quite suspicious about the timing of Blair's press conference. I do not believe that they only gained access to the video a few days ago, but I'm not sure why the release of the Brazen 2 documents would have prompted them to make the announcement when they did.
Yup, I agree wholeheartedly

For the record I can't take credit for that brainstorm. My lovely girlfriend (sick to death of listening to me talk about this saga) threw it out there one day when I was walking around mumbling something along the lines of "Quite the coincidence that they just found the video two days ago".

Thank you and thank her.

This whole thing is reminding me of an American Dad episode. A popular theme they like to use is to have a character (usually Stan or Roger) try to cover up their misdeeds. This cover up leads to a bigger cover up and so on until the whole thing has spiraled out of control by epic proportions, at which point they realize that it is best to come clean.

Rob could learn a lot from that show right about now.

Calling for a snap election would be so stupid the Fords just might try it. Hopefully it would be the nail in the coffin of Ford Nation, laughed off by every media outlet in the country. Would the respect for taxpayers guy really be proposing to spend a couple million dollars on an election because he's can't admit he did anything wrong? It would finally expose all of Ford's actions as being only about his own squalid self-interest. It's difficult for me to believe that the executive, even as uninspiring as they are, would come up with this one however. It could only come from the core of Ford delusion.

I don't think it'll happen but that was one of the options presented by Councillor Kelly. Ford took it. The other two involved him quitting and getting help. So there was only one option really.

To be a fly on the wall at that meeting...damn.

Sorry, I am forgetting all the options. So are you saying Ford voted for asking the province for a special election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back