179     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 307     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 859     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto has been functioning without a mayor for 3 years, what's one more year?
I agree: defunding over a weak mayor-by-committee.
Especially if they are going to start feuds with the police now, the Fords need to gtfo.
They are like a cancer in council now. The sooner you cut it out, the sooner you can heal. If you wait, the cancer just spreads.

Forgive me for being obtuse but why is the identity of the "goader" such a big deal? We already know he hung out and got up to no good with any (if not all) of these guys, so.....?

Is it because it could help substantiate the extortion case, to prove that someone (e.g., Lisi) was there that night and so knew where to go to follow up with the ol' lead pipe?

because the goader played a part in making the scandalous video. it's not just the crack smoking but also ford's comments that people are upset about. and donovan seems pretty sure the voice doesn't belong to one of the bloods, so it could mean that one of rob's buddies helped create damning evidence. why? blackmail? i dunno. but i think it is a part of the puzzle worth knowing.

I'm fantasizing of Rob showing up to the next council meeting and everyone silently standing up and walking out, leaving only him and Doug.

So I'm in San Jose, California, flipping through the local newspaper. Page 9, 1/4 page story entitled "Toronto mayor's lawyer lashes out at police chief" which leads me to believe its a follow up story. I'm so proud.....

It's time like this that I am glad we have a weak mayor system in Ontario.

Imagine if Toronto were run like Chicago or New York. Ford would have tossed out the Police Chief and installed his own crony a long time ago.

Not sure if it's the same "John Blair" as the GFL guy, but Chief Blair's brother John Blair is the head of a major construction industry trade association (i.e. an employers' union).

John Blair, executive director of the Ontario Masonry Contractors’ Association and the Canadian Masonry Contractors’ Association

http://dcnonl.com/article/id24407

100.jpg

"The objective is to provide apprentices with an environment that comes as close to working out in the field."

John Blair

Ontario Masonry Contractors’ Association

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id24390

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
The third option that Norm Kelly and the executive committee presented to Ford today: call a snap election/referendum.

After all the info I've heard, it makes sense that that's what Ford will do. Ask City Council to vote to request that the Province enact special legislation to call for a by-election. I don't know if Council or the Province will go along but it is a solution because Ford thinks he can win and most of us know that it's he likely will not win and this is the fastest way of getting rid of him.

Really because being able to check in a couple times a day makes it so that "I have a problem." Funny since you said you read through all of those pages.............

The video was recovered on October 29th, two days before he announced it. I would imagine since he consulted with lawyers before having the press conference it took a day to work out all of the legalities, but keep on trucking with your "theory".

Considering the amount of pages posted on here Thur 2x a day so guess you read all 40 pgs in 2min. For bust people 2x a day is a lot. But like I said "for busy people". You obviously could not answer the question the first time so should not even bothered to have commented, And as i said there was also another post alluding to the same issue. All of a sudden this video file is recovered. No coincidence.

because the goader played a part in making the scandalous video. it's not just the crack smoking but also ford's comments that people are upset about. and donovan seems pretty sure the voice doesn't belong to one of the bloods, so it could mean that one of rob's buddies helped create damning evidence. why? blackmail? i dunno. but i think it is a part of the puzzle worth knowing.

Thanks evva - honestly had not considered that (very interesting) angle! Wow!

I'm fantasizing of Rob showing up to the next council meeting and everyone silently standing up and walking out, leaving only him and Doug.

Yes that would be great. I have emailed a bunch of councilors, saying, at the very least, council could somehow give Ford a vote of No Confidence (however that translate municipally). Adam Vaughan was the only one who answered, and basically said there is nothing they can do.
But I think there is a lot they can do symbolically, including your idea.
Community shaming is a really old ritual....and it usually works on most 'normal' people.

The third option that Norm Kelly and the executive committee presented to Ford today: call a snap election/referendum.

After all the info I've heard, it makes sense that that's what Ford will do. Ask City Council to vote to request that the Province enact special legislation to call for a by-election. I don't know if Council or the Province will go along but it is a solution because Ford thinks he can win and most of us know that it's he likely will not win and this is the fastest way of getting rid of him.

This man is delusional. What in the world had made him think that he has a chance of winning?

Anyways I really hope he does do this. Expedites the process of kicking his a*s to the curb by a year. :)

A by election just for him, to act as a vote of confidence or rejection? Or an election for every riding?

Thanks MM for the insight as always. But I find it deeply disturbing that everything still has to be done here to please the Fords. The thought of a campaign in the midst of this municipal chaos boggles my mind. How will Ford deal with the press if there's a campaign?

I don't see this one happening. Doug must understand the reality of Rob's chances, and it sounds like he's running the show at the moment. Of course that's just my $0.02.

Thanks MM for the insight as always. But I find it deeply disturbing that everything still has to be done here to please the Fords. The thought of a campaign in the midst of this municipal chaos boggles my mind. How will Ford deal with the press if there's a campaign?

What he normally does: run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back