2.4K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 4.7K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 3.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow's circle jerk of a radio show should be interesting only for the many, many ways the talkative Ford brothers can still implicate themselves further into this expansive criminal narrative.

I think we've now reached the point where it's safe to say that whatever the Fords say or do, it's just a case of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Enjoy the show

recently someone said kevin donovan was on the radio or something, and he said he thought the voice goading ford in the video is either lisi, price or bellisimo. i wonder though... could it be fabio?

Some things I learned in the last hour:

- Someone close to a councillor on the executive confirmed that the Executive Committee will stand (mostly) united on Monday calling for the Mayor to step down. They themselves will not resign. Instead they're planning to function as a body that performs the role of the Mayor while continuing to call for him to step down -- a sort of 12 headed Mayor lead by Norm Kelly. Toronto effectively wouldn't have a Mayor. I think it's a good solution.

- Despite the option to defund the Mayor's office circulating, it's been difficult to find the votes. Most think it'll be unproductive and won't accomplish anything. It may not force him out but it's a strong symbolic gesture. I personally think it would send a clear message that the Mayor is no longer Mayor despite how much he insists that he is, that he's lost the confidence of TO Council. If his office is closed down, he's just a guy with an access card to an empty office without a working phone or any staff.

Last edited:
recently someone said kevin donovan was on the radio or something, and he said he thought the voice goading ford in the video is either lisi, price or bellisimo. i wonder though... could it be fabio?

Forgive me for being obtuse but why is the identity of the "goader" such a big deal? We already know he hung out and got up to no good with any (if not all) of these guys, so.....?

Is it because it could help substantiate the extortion case, to prove that someone (e.g., Lisi) was there that night and so knew where to go to follow up with the ol' lead pipe?

Doug called 640 AM to clear Rob's name about the "Ian" phone call. At around 2:50 in the audio Doug starts talking - they are taking on Blair and the media!

Taking on the Chief of Police? Are these guys serious? They're going to lose and they're going to lose big. Looks like Doug is all in! I guess it's not surprising because if Ford goes out this way, they have everything to lose. Rob is out no matter what and Doug is nothing but a rookie councillor without his little brother in the big chair. Doug's provincial aspirations are also finished. Who's going to do business with DECO after the Ford's now confirmed criminal connections? The City will no doubt drop them as a print partner. Then there's The Star's lawyers preparing a massive defamation lawsuit worth hundreds of millions of dollars. These guys are going to go out in blazing fashion, they've been cornered and have nothing to lose. Is this real life?

The Star needs to drop the lawsuit, if it exists. It's a clear conflict of interest if they're suing them. That's why journalists almost NEVER sue for libel.

I was an investigative journalist for years and we never dreamed of suing anyone, even when they libelled us egregiously. It's part of the job.

Doug called 640 AM to clear Rob's name about the "Ian" phone call. At around 2:50 in the audio Doug starts talking - they are taking on Blair and the media!

I think it's hilarious that Rob and Doug are essentially declaring war on the police. The already did the same thing with the media (maggots) and look how that turned out for them.

- Someone close to a councillor on the executive confirmed that the Executive Committee will stand (mostly) united on Monday calling for the Mayor to step down. They themselves will not resign. Instead they're planning to function as a body that performs the role of the Mayor while continuing to call for him to step down -- a sort of 12 headed Mayor lead by Norm Kelly. Toronto effectively wouldn't have a Mayor. I think it's a good solution.

Seems like a terrible solution to me. What legitimacy do any of these people have to control the agenda of the city over any other councillour? Councillours like Palacio, Cristani, Kelly, Mammo, Crawford, Nunziata (and Leon, who has only been there a month) are among the most useless members of the 44, placed there because they were least likely to raise any opposition to the wants of a discredited leader. They failed to effect any change over the last five months, some even took positions on the executive after enough news was released to make Ford's troubles obvious.

And how exactly do they plan to do this assuming they don't have Ford's cooperation? What's stopping Ford from removing them from the executive?

- Despite the option to defund the Mayor's office circulating, it's been difficult to find the votes. Most think it'll be unproductive and won't accomplish anything. It may not force him out but it's a strong symbolic gesture. I personally think it would send a clear message that the Mayor is no longer Mayor despite how much he insists that he is, that he's lost the confidence of TO Council. If his office is closed down, he's just a guy with an access card to an empty office without a working phone or any staff.

This is my preferred option. However I fear that this will lead to more sympathy for Ford among the Ford Nation crowd.

Perhaps it's just best for Council to ignore Ford and do nothing else. Regardless of what Ford says or does he's now an illegitimate mayor. A large majority of Torontonians want him out of office ASAP and Council has zero confidence or respect for the man. Council can continue to run the city as they always have and ignore Ford's cries.

Weak-kneed ass-kissers are still more preferable for the mayor since he can spend what, two weeks in pretend "rehab" and then return as if nothing has happened. None of the executive would dare question that Ford strategy, if Rob chooses to "leave".

A few pages back I posted some curious information. I discovered that a John Blair (who looks a lot like Bill Blair) is the General Manager of GFL and before that GM of Keele North Recycling - i.e. he works for Romeo di Battista who owns the after-hours club (dismantled after the Star started to ask questions of the owner).

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=778794#post778794

Is the Mr. Blair who is the General Manager of GFL the brother of Chief Blair? If so I can think of another reason why Blair should have turned this investigation over to the OPP!

Not sure if it's the same "John Blair" as the GFL guy, but Chief Blair's brother John Blair is the head of a major construction industry trade association (i.e. an employers' union).

Revelations 12: the beast of many heads either that or Hercules vs Hydra, it's all getting very mythological

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back