65     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 351     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 484     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood why the labour peace was a winning point for Ford. There were no strikes, because he didn't try to take anything away. He didn't take on the unions at all, I thought that was something he was supposed to do, and now not doing it is a virtue? Ford Nation is weird.

If you get to count an unbuilt subway, you'll have to credit Miller with Transit City.

For that matter, the Crosstown, which is being built, goes in Miller's column, and it will service a much larger area and more people than the Scarborough Subway will...

If we're still comparing Ford with Lastman as well as Miller, well, Lastman did get an actual real-life subway line built. Ahem.

My ignore list grew so large today.

Another thing, Toronto does have a Ford Street. It is next to Miller Street.

Yeah, they're about half a block from each other on either side of Davenport. Thought it was fitting that they don't meet at all.

So many new names to connect to Ford now.

Do we know anything about this (Mlinden?) Manderalo seen with Ford and Lisi in August?

What about the Malfaras, who the ITO connects to the supply of drugs from the grow-op on Supertest Rd., through Richview Dry Cleaners, and thence to Ford?

If there were any known connection to Ford from his normal life, this would be quite informative about Ford's role in all this.

What about Lisi's associates Salvatore Luca and Kevin Parrott --- who the ITO says attended Don Bosco???

evvabeing, ever heard of these folks before? Anybody else?

Last edited:
Hey, I may be new to this board, but I feel compelled to say to everyone calling bullshit on Hawc's post right now: no one here needs reminding of what trolls do, right? They say whatever will wind you up. If you want to enjoy the major moral victory won today---the total exposure and demolition of Ford's house of cards---you'll freeze them out. Just don't respond. They don't care about the facts, won't listen to reason. Why waste your time? Seriously, fuck them. They lost.

In fact, if you do want to respond, just write "You lost." That's about as eloquent as you need to get.

SFO - well said, and bang on. <like> :cool:

jusbokeh:

Except that the video has been all but confirmed by Blair to a) exist (which is one of Ford's core denial) and b) contains activities as described. You can't bury that reality, unless you are a hard core Fordist that have a moving goalpost of evidence.

AoD

If lisi pleads guilty the video gets buried with evidence.

Will lisi take a fall for ford?

Honestly I don't care if I ever see it. Knowing that it exists and that the police have it is good enough for me. Vindication for Robyn, Kevin and John.

I have more concerns about Lisi being the fall guy though for obvious reasons.

I never understood why the labour peace was a winning point for Ford. There were no strikes, because he didn't try to take anything away. He didn't take on the unions at all, I thought that was something he was supposed to do, and now not doing it is a virtue? Ford Nation is weird.

Not to mention they're championing a subway that will cost us a minimum of $910m (compared to fully-funded LRT), and championing his "I've saved the city a billion dollars!" assertion in the same breath.

Even if his claims were true (they aren't) he'd, at best, be breaking even (and losing the city money, if you count his abolishment of the VRT). But since they aren't true, he's costing us a lot more than he has saved.

But all of that requires thinking, and it's certainly easier to repeat what you've heard than it is to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back