492     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surveillance photos that do not reveal investigative techniques are likely to survive redaction and be delivered in the documents tomorrow. This explains the reported larger size of the PDF. If any of those photos contain Rob Ford, we may finally have the silver bullet that penetrates Ford's teflon fame. People understand photos better and remember them longer than they do complex written articles.

I don't know the contents of these photos but given the events we do know through witness accounts and were likely spied on by the police in the course of Brazen II, a photo of Ford sitting in his car receiving something from Sandro Lisi will be burned into the retinas of every Toronto voter who sees it. I think that tomorrow we may finally see the now famous Anthony Smith photo displaced from the front pages of newspapers.

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 11.04.36 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 11.04.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 11.04.36 PM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 385
Hey folks. It'll be fun to read about all these documents tomorrow. But I don't know if anybody's asked, why did the Crown and cops do it this way?

I'm sure they didn't need a 500-page ITO to get a warrant to search the possessions of a couple of shady guys caught in a drug bust. And they had to know the media would go for release, since this was after Project Traveller. So they must of done it this way because they WANT all this information made public now.

Why? I can think of a few possible reasons, mostly not very complimentary to TPS...

I've read 9:30 from multiple sources in the media.

(Yes, it takes some balls to correct MetroMan when you've been making useless posts all night).

I am utterly confused about what is going to happen tomorrow. Utterly. But I'm also incredibly excited to find out.
I am expecting to be disappointed, just like every other time that was supposed to be "it". But I will be happy to be wrong if this time it isn't a matter of crying wolf.

My prediction: No charges are laid, and Ford's name is almost entirely redacted.

The police get to keep their boss happy, but shield themselves from any criticism of favouritism by saying 'hey, look, we investigated and put it all before the crown, what else could we do? We even used a plane!'

Meanwhile, the citizens of Toronto - who Ford is supposed to work for - will never know the extent of his criminal activity while he served as mayor. We will also never know how partial or impartial the police were while investigating their boss, a case that should have been handled by the OPP.

Please let me be wrong this time.

I saw Dougy laughing his head off on his way home from the office. Didnt look like a guy who's empire was about to crumble at all. He was in the best spirits.

The mayor’s brother, city Councillor Doug Ford said he is “not worried at all,” and that he didn’t even know until Tuesday night that the documents might be released. “Rob’s the most honest politician in this country,” he said. “You see fiscal problems all over this country, indiscretions from the Senate down to the province. You’re never going to see that down at City Hall under his watch.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ts-in-alessandro-lisi-arrest/article15153737/

I've read 9:30 from multiple sources in the media.

does the following quote change that?

john lancaster @jlancasterCBC

ITO update. Now told person in Crown's office who will handle redactions and release, is "not in" today. May have to wait till tomorrow. #sl
12:38 PM - 30 Oct 2013

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-warrant-documents-ordered-released-1.2288489

so the redactions will be made first thing tomorrow, ready for release by around 9:30am?

I wonder if the police set it up this way, so that the calls for Ford's head come from the public. If people can't help but call for his arrest based on the damning info contained in the warrant, then the cops will get off scott free. They won't have been the ones to throw RF under the bus, and their contract negotiations should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back