437     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 604     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looking for a guy named Jeff or Geoff, a Mike and a Rosa that are important links. I have no idea who they are and what role they play but I'm told that these names are in the warrant.

EDIT: and a Marco.

Marco and Rosa definitely sound like they fit in with the Fabios, Brunos, and Elenas.

Doug Ford, Mark Towhey, David Price, George Christopolous and Isaac Ransom are 5 out of 70 third parties mentioned in the warrant. All were questioned by the police. I hope their names are unredacted in tomorrow's release. At least 2 of them will probably be willing to talk once the cat is out of the bag.
I'm not sure if Isaac Ransom would talk considering he just got rehired into City Hall as a member of councillor Leon's staff.

Doug Ford, Mark Towhey, David Price, George Christopolous and Isaac Ransom are 5 out of 70 third parties mentioned in the warrant. All were questioned by the police. I hope their names are unredacted in tomorrow's release. At least 2 of them will probably be willing to talk once the cat is out of the bag.

I assume you are not counting Doug, who is always ready and willing to talk nonsense.

London, Ontario might have something to say about that.

Yeah, Rob Ford may be the least popular mayor in the country only in the same sense than Toronto taxes are the lowest in North America and Rob Ford is the most honest politician in Canada (per Doug Ford*).

*Per Doug on the radio show, he and Rob are loved because they are "not politicians" - except that Rob is the most honest "politician" and Doug is "a politician" according to his self-description on his Facebook page. Doug, of course, is not the most honest politician in Canada, given that "most" is an absolute/singular characterization that apparently applies to Rob.

Yeah, Rob Ford may be the least popular mayor in the country only in the same sense than Toronto taxes are the lowest in North America and Rob Ford is the most honest politician in Canada (per Doug Ford*).

*Per Doug on the radio show, he and Rob are loved because they are "not politicians" - except that Rob is the most honest "politician" and Doug is "a politician" according to his self-description on his Facebook page. Doug, of course, is not the most honest politician in Canada, given that "most" is an absolute/singular characterization that apparently applies to Rob.

Oops, forgot - and Toronto is the only municipality in North America without a deficit.

Why?

The lawyers involved have been free to speak with their clients about what they have seen in the unredacted portion (which the lawyers have had for some time, and one assumes have read from beginning to end) since the judge made his order late this morning that the unredacted portion of the ITO is to be released generally forthwith. So, they could not criticized, by the judge or by the Law Society, for disclosing to their clients what is in the unredacted portion, so long as they did not make that disclosure until after the judge's order was made.

And, the lawyers involved could not be criticized for talking with their clients about the possible reason(s) why the Crown decided not oppose the unredacted portion of the ITO being released generally. (The lawyers for the news organizations and the Crown do not agree that the ITO should be divided up into an unredacted portion and a redacted portion, as the Crown wants -- the lawyers for the news organizations are contending that everything should be released -- but the reports of the proceeding say that the Crown agreed that the unredacted portion could be released, and it is entirely legitimate for anyone to discuss what the possible reason(s) might be for the Crown having taken that position.)

I think it's fair to say that this evening I have put in one of the all-time worst performances in the history of this forum. To use a baseball example, I'm like a pitcher who got lit up like a Christmas tree and needs some time in the minors. So, if we could all just forget about this, that would be great. I'll come back when I've found my game again.

On a scale of Teflon Rob to Rob in handcuffs, what do we realistically expect tomorrow to yield?
Confirmation of stuff we already know I'd think. Probably small scale drug use I'd guess ... the kind of thing other people wouldn't be charged for either.

He's already been exposed as a drug addict, so no shock there. And he's already been exposed as a liar, so no shock there. I doubt there's much too it other than that.

On a scale of Teflon Rob to Rob in handcuffs, what do we realistically expect tomorrow to yield?

Not handcuffs. Based on the little that is available (e.g., Jacobson interview on CP24), somewhat to the right of teflon on your scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back