431     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source is saying that a very public person is 3rd party #1 in the warrant. They don't know if the name will be redacted but they're expecting it not to.
We all know that that's Rob Ford. The warrant may just show that he was under surveillance for his connection to Project Traveller (the video). People will infer obstruction of justice charges if enough unredacted information is released. My source is expecting a public outcry for this person's arrest. Tomorrow is going to be very messy for the mayor I think.

Even if this is all true, I think you're revealing too much. Wait until everything has happened before revealing what went on.

Referring to the di Matteo article you cited, has it ever been established who the driver of the black Range Rover is/was? Too pricey for Price, I'd think. Or was it in fact "mike the ukranian guy", and we just don't know how or where he figures in to all this?

I think that the black range rover was associated with Lisi, and supposedly was paid for by "a former client who is now clean".

I think you all need to calm down. The notion that police have direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing by Ford is based largely on speculation. What is likely is that he's a guy who does drugs and was caught on video doing so - something for which he almost certainly won't be charged.

But really, did anyone think that tomorrow's document release was going to have information in it that would reveal why Ford should be legally charged with a crime? In what backward universe would that happen? If in the off chance Ford actually goes get charged with something, it won't be because of evidence released to the media in advance of the charge.

THANK YOU! Common Sense!!!

On a scale of Teflon Rob to Rob in handcuffs, what do we realistically expect tomorrow to yield?

I think the chances are next to nil and I say this for this reason:

Let's say for the sake of argument that Toronto Police have sufficient evidence of criminality to lay charges against Rob Ford. Imagine how bad it would look if Toronto Police only acted on the day that the search warrants were unsealed? The public would wonder if the warrants remained sealed if charges would have ever been laid. It would really call into question Bill Blair's bluster to act "without fear or favor".

I guess I'm just wondering how damning we think the content of the warrants will be for Rob...and how damning for anyone else.

Referring to the di Matteo article you cited, has it ever been established who the driver of the black Range Rover is/was? Too pricey for Price, I'd think. Or was it in fact "mike the ukranian guy", and we just don't know how or where he figures in to all this?

Wouldn't that be Sandro Lisi?

On a scale of Teflon Rob to Rob in handcuffs, what do we realistically expect tomorrow to yield?
Some more tidbits to drive a couple months worth of speculation and head-shaking here, Rob doesn't show up for work because it's a holiday (assuming the novelty of dressing up his office has worn off), and the ludicrous spectacle of combination belligerent chest-thumping and refusing to speak to any of the concerns continues.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be Sandro Lisi?

Well, according to a TorStar article (thank you Scmilsson :) - I had actually missed that one in my obsessive newspaper-reading of late), while Lisi was driving the RR, it actually belonged to a different owner. This owner was described as "a former client of Lisi's who is now clean", and who was rather miffed at having to pay to have the car released from impoundment after the arrest.

Why Lisi had the car is beyond me.

I guess that means he was at Ford's house the morning the crack video broke. You'd think he'd want to stay out of the kitchen, what with the heat.

Schmilsson, is that a reference to Harry Nilsson? If so, right on!

I wonder, is it possible that someone has already been charged and it will be revealed tomorrow? Is it possible that someone like, for example, David Price turned himself in quietly under the radar? Or is that virtually impossible to do without the media and public becoming aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back