468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
image998215.jpg

Dear Friends,
This week, the Government of Canada set out its key priorities in the Throne Speech.
I was very pleased that the Federal Government has reaffirmed its commitment to vital infrastructure funding that will help build new subways in Toronto.
This is fantastic news for Toronto residents and exactly what we hoped to see from our federal partners.
The Province of Ontario is also on board with the Scarborough Subway Extension. We now have all three levels of government committed to delivering new subways in Toronto.
Together, we are building transit infrastructure that will create countless new jobs, transform communities and benefit our residents for the next 100 years.
I was also very happy to see the Federal Government is committed to stimulating economic development and job creation.
For the past three years, the City of Toronto has been focused on creating the conditions to drive economic growth and boost employment in our city.
This week, we learned that the City of Toronto has ranked second behind Sydney, Australia, in an annual study comparing the reputations of 100 cities worldwide.
The three key dimensions of the study are an advanced economy, appealing environment and effective government.
My administration has worked hard to make Toronto a business friendly environment, and that focus is paying off. Toronto's impressive standing in this international study confirms we are on the right track.
As always, please contact me at 416-397-FORD (3673) or email me at mayor_ford@toronto.ca if I can ever be of assistance to you.
Yours truly,
Mayor Rob Ford
OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
Mayor Ford's Four Priorities:
1 Customer Service Excellence
2 Transparent & Accountable Government
3 Reduced Cost and Size of Government
4 Transportation City

More weekly wisdom from His Fordness

Judging from these increasingly frequent emails, I'd guess that one of his staff is tasked with sifting through daily news for anything positive about Toronto and, once found, sending out an email blast about how Ford basically made it happen.

It almost makes it worse. These people will never yield to reason. They can't be argued with; the first step is to shame them directly. The softest touch is to criticize their position. They can rally from this easily, and worse, it provides them with the dignity that should only be accorded reasonable interlocutors. Reason is therefore counter-productive, it only strengthens their resolve. A firmer method is to accuse the other party of ignorance of the facts. This is better. This forces more inwardness. With hard case dumbasses, like Ford, the only possibility of victory them is to launch a campaign of full-on stupidity-shaming, abandoning any suggestion that the issues are worth discussing with them.

Case-in-point this thread's troll-feeding tendency (although the recent round of "idiots" and "fuck yous" shows the backlash that comes from overindulgence).

Wow Paul Ainslie is on a roll

Raising the stakes in his battle against the Fords, Councillor Paul Ainslie says the weekly radio program the mayor co-hosts with his brother “should be removed from the airways immediately.â€

In a letter to the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council on Friday, Ainslie said The City with Mayor RobFord, which airs on CFRB-AM Newstalk 1010 on Sunday afternoons, has breached the council’s code of conduct.

Ainslie maintained that the Fords “are using the public airwaves as a bully pulpit to advance their own political gain … contrary to the spirit and intent of providing these two individuals access to the public airwaves.â€

“This is two full hours where the mayor can rant to his heart’s content and talk about anything he wants … and I think it has to end,†Ainslie told the Star. “I’m prepared to stand up and make my concerns known.â€

Neither the mayor nor Councillor Doug Ford responded to requests for comment.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/10/18/ainslie_wants_ford_radio_show_off_the_air.html

Last edited:
So by the time his complaint goes through and the small possibility anything even happens. It will be January and Doug can still host the show and promote rob ford for the entire 2 hours.

It seems that Dougie will be taking another kick at the can as well, running for councillor yet again, so get set for another year of electioneering chatter courtesy of the Ford brothers.

It seems that Dougie will be taking another kick at the can as well, running for councillor yet again, so get set for another year of electioneering chatter courtesy of the Ford brothers.

Doug, (the smart one) has realized that Rob is not going to be re-elected. If Doug is not embraced by the Conservatives provincially, he'll run in Etobicoke again, holding the seat for his brother. I can't imagine Rob wanting to be a councillor again, after being his "Fordness" for 4 years, but once again, who knows with these two fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back