310     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 471     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 654     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug, (the smart one) has realized that Rob is not going to be re-elected. If Doug is not embraced by the Conservatives provincially, he'll run in Etobicoke again, holding the seat for his brother. I can't imagine Rob wanting to be a councillor again, after being his "Fordness" for 4 years, but once again, who knows with these two fools.

What else is he going to do? It's not like anyone in the private sector would hire him.

The Star is once again on fire! Meet Shannon Everett, alleged slushi assaulter: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/10/19/fords_teatosser_tells_her_side_of_the_story_dimanno.html

Doug, (the smart one) has realized that Rob is not going to be re-elected. If Doug is not embraced by the Conservatives provincially, he'll run in Etobicoke again, holding the seat for his brother. I can't imagine Rob wanting to be a councillor again, after being his "Fordness" for 4 years, but once again, who knows with these two fools.

Being smarter than Robbie is not a great accomplishment, and I hope that he does run again. If he wins, and I do hope that he would, t'would show his greatest strengths of being a manipulator and bully. IMHO would finally put the final nail his voter base, if only in Toronto.

Dougie may be a placeholder for his brother but in his mind it will allow him to wade in the glory of being a back bencher in Queen's Park like his father.

What else is he going to do? It's not like anyone in the private sector would hire him.

The Star is once again on fire! Meet Shannon Everett, alleged slushi assaulter: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/10/19/fords_teatosser_tells_her_side_of_the_story_dimanno.html

It should be good on the circle jerk tomorrow.

Last edited:
Judging from these increasingly frequent emails, I'd guess that one of his staff is tasked with sifting through daily news for anything positive about Toronto and, once found, sending out an email blast about how Ford basically made it happen.

... Its the weekly newsletter. It happens every single Friday.

Unfortunately this is terribly written, like everything Rosie dimanno writes. I wish it had been written by a decent (and more unbiased) journalist.

I agree poorly written. Supposedly Ms. Everett was with her girlfriend at the time of the alleged assault. Why didn't Dimanno ask the girlfriend to corroborate the allegation by Everett that the drink did not hit Ford? Were there any other witnesses from that crowded event who corroborated Ms. Everett's version of events?

If what Ms. Everett says is true it means that Rob and Doug (and perhaps members of their staff) lied to police about what actually happened when they claimed Rob was hit in the face.

It is one thing to go on their radio show and "embellish" details of the story - quite another thing to lie to police about an alleged crime. It is a criminal offense called "public mischief" to make false allegations to police and it can land you behind bars!

If what Ms. Everett claims is true why is she only coming forward now?

If what Ms. Everett claims is true Rob and Doug very likely committed a much more serious criminal act that day!

Last edited:
I can't read DiManno, whether I agree with her or not. She has a really awful writing style, ostentatious without effect and a grating tone.

Doug Ford 98% sure he won't run for council again

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10603827

Last edited:
Of all the crazy things. There's an app, a game, starring Rob Ford called "Stay Mayor". It's not very good, but it's fun for a couple of minutes, perhaps they'll improve it over time. It's free for iOS and Android.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...-scandal-inspires-video-game/?__lsa=5845-ca8f

It was posted here before. For what it is it's not too bad, and they have fixed the control issues too. Good conversation starter to show your Ford hating friends.

As for the drink situation, I hardly see her as the good guy in the situation because she threw something at Ford and it missed. SHE SHOULDN'T BE THROWING STUFF AT PEOPLE ANYWAYS! That said, it should have ended with the apology and not turned into a criminal court case, especially if what she said is true. Real respect for tax dollars.

I agree poorly written. Supposedly Ms. Everett was with her girlfriend at the time of the alleged assault. Why didn't Dimanno ask the girlfriend to corroborate the allegation by Everett that the drink did not hit Ford? Were there any other witnesses from that crowded event who corroborated Ms. Everett's version of events?

If what Ms. Everett says is true it means that Rob and Doug (and perhaps members of their staff) lied to police about what actually happened when they claimed Rob was hit in the face.

It is one thing to go on their radio show and "embellish" details of the story - quite another thing to lie to police about an alleged crime. It is a criminal offense called "public mischief" to make false allegations to police and it can land you behind bars!

If what Ms. Everett claims is true why is she only coming forward now?

If what Ms. Everett claims is true Rob and Doug very likely committed a much more serious criminal act that day!

Agreed on the story. Not asking Everett obvious questions or verifying her story is as lazy as when Warmington doesn't do those things with Ford. However, her story does raise more questions about the Fords' relationship with the police.

Let's assume for a minute that Everett's drink hit Ford directly in his eyes (which is doubtful since photos taken immediately after show no liquid on his shirt). But even if we assume the worst about Everett's actions, she says that Doug was asking for badge numbers from the police on the scene. For what possible reason? All of a sudden he's a G20 activist and a champion of civil liberties? No, I suspect that, if they didn't do his bidding, he'd be on the phone to "a couple superintendents".

I want to believe the best about TPS's ability to handle any Ford-related cases in an impartial manner, but the more stories like this that come out and the longer the wall of silence stay up, the thinner my patience gets.

I want to believe the best about TPS's ability to handle any Ford-related cases in an impartial manner, but the more stories like this that come out and the longer the wall of silence stay up, the thinner my patience gets.

I think this is a clear-cut case of special treatment of Ford by TPS. If anyone other than Ford had been involved there is absolutely no way that TPS would lay criminal charges given the fact that the near-empty drink did not actually hit anybody. By comparison, last year a SUN news commentator (David Menzies) was physically struck by a woman in Dundas Sq because she did not like him taking pictures in this public space and Toronto Police declined to lay assault charges despite the fact that physical contact was involved and it was captured on video and with witnesses!

If Ms. Everetts version of events is correct the Toronto Star crack team of investigative reporters should look into the arrest reports. Who gave statements to TPS which lead to Everetts arrest and what exactly did they say? Were the statements corroborated or contradicted by other witnesses?

Clearly it was stupid for Ms Everett to throw a drink in the direction of Mayor Ford but it would be far worse if Rob and Doug Ford lied to TPS officers on the scene in order to have her arrested. If in fact they or anyone on their staff lied to police they should be charged with public mischief. This is not a trivial matter.

Last edited:
Rob ford already won the PR battle against ms Everett by dropping the charges and painting her as a drunk crazy lefty.

It definetly doesn't help when the news article printed her drink combination.

Interesting detail from The Star's article about Ainslie

The most interesting detail from The Star's article about Paul Ainslie:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...nded_near_the_top_of_the_mayors_hit_list.html

According to Soknacki, Ainslie was “instrumental†in securing the mayor’s attendance at the Garrison Ball, and “had a great deal of anguish†about whether to share publicly what he perceived to have happened there.
Ainslie, who is now speaking more candidly about the ball than he did in the spring, says Towhey told him at the event, before the mayor’s arrival, “We’ve got a problem.â€
“He goes, ‘Well, the mayor’s on his way and he’s not quite himself,’†Ainslie said.

Towhey did not respond to this allegation, or comment on the nature of any conversation he may have had with Ainslie that evening.
During dinner, Ainslie says he was approached by several attendees with concerns about the mayor’s behaviour.
“I remember looking at my wife,†he recalls, “and saying, ‘This is the last thing I need to deal with.’â€

You'd think that the mayor's handlers would keep him away from an event like this, and think of some excuse instead of letting him show up inebriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back