News   Jul 18, 2024
 433     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
editorial_cartoon_october_18_2013.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Mammoliti: I don't know who that guy behind me is (that person is Rob Ford).

So the lesson to learn here is: You can break all kinds of shit on GO property without the risk of repercussions.
Sweet!

then why do they have a by-law that states:
3.34 No person shall wilfully or recklessly cause damage to any Corporation property.

www.gotransit.com/public/en/docs/bylaws/ByLaw2.pdf‎

plus there's this...
Metrolinx could lay charges under the Provincial Offences Act, she said. Charges of willful damage or mischief would be subject to fines. The accused would have a right to an appeal, she said.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/09/19/mayor-ford-staffer-being-investigated-by-metrolinx-report/

Last edited:
i bet this will be his defense... how could he harass people in the work place, he's the mayor that declared stop workplace harassment day.

i also bet it was doug's idea.

It's happening in other municipalities too. Not a Fordian idea at all. And it happened last year too.

The train station is Via's property, which is why GO can't pursue concerns about the door damage. Its focus was on treatment of staff and the welfare / safety of other customers.

http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/commenting-on-personnel-matters/

This is positively fantastic. Of course we're well aware of his hypocrisy, but it's really nice to see it spelt out in print.

It almost makes it worse. These people will never yield to reason. They can't be argued with; the first step is to shame them directly. The softest touch is to criticize their position. They can rally from this easily, and worse, it provides them with the dignity that should only be accorded reasonable interlocutors. Reason is therefore counter-productive, it only strengthens their resolve. A firmer method is to accuse the other party of ignorance of the facts. This is better. This forces more inwardness. With hard case dumbasses, like Ford, the only possibility of victory them is to launch a campaign of full-on stupidity-shaming, abandoning any suggestion that the issues are worth discussing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back