121     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 375     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 486     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Subways vs. LRTs debate is ludicrous!

Name another piece of infrastructure where technological decisions are made by public opinion (or perceived public opinion).

Anyone with the credentials to actually design a public transit system says LRTs are the prudent technology (along with anyone who's actually taken the time to look into it themselves).

Ford and his cronies have spewed mis-information for the sole purpose of halting transit expansion in this city. They don't want subways, they couldn't give two s#!t's about what transit technology is used in Scarborough, but by halting progress and keeping the debate going they've created a wedge issue that they've drawn along left/right lines.

They've just re-set the clock on the decades long process of expanding transit.

“I’m a massive supporter, along with Rob, of the police.” Councillor Michael Thompson, the vice-chairman of the Toronto Police Services Board, said it is time for Toronto Police to clear up whether or not Ford is under criminal investigation.

“If he is, then I don¹t think there is any question outside investigators would need to be brought in,” Thompson said in an interview Monday night. “It would only be appropriate."

He also said a professional standards branch probe should also be commenced on how police documents ended up in the hands of media.

The Scarborough councillor said he wants to hear from Police Chief Bill Blair on this matter.

“One has to wonder how they were brought to light so publicly and who it is who gains from that happening,” said Thompson.

What's the general consensus on this here? Does Ontario even have a set of best practices and protocols when it comes to a municipal police service investigating an elected official as high up as the mayor? Is this all bloviating?

What's the general consensus on this here? Does Ontario even have a set of best practices and protocols when it comes to a municipal police service investigating an elected official as high up as the mayor? Is this all bloviating?

The part which I find most interesting is that you would think that this would be something the OPP would be handling since there are potential conflicts within the Fords' inner-circle... and the whole being the mayor that directly/indirectly maintains an open dialogue with such police force and has a say in their funding.

So... why ISN'T the OPP handling this? That's the million dollar question.

I wonder when the next policeman's ball is?
It would be awkward as hell to not let the Mayor in, I'd think. Could they let him attend, sit at the head table and schmooze with the brass if RoFo really is under investigation?

As an outsider, I don't know if Ro/DoFo normally cackle, scream and have their mics turned off, but I even felt embarrassed with the last two audio clips of the boys.
T-7 days is the line I'm setting for either of them to be arrested.

The Sun seems to have given up on him now too. Though it is a bit unclear to me if he actually works.

rob-ford copy.jpg

Attachments

• rob-ford copy.jpg
    rob-ford copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 510
Minan Wong has definitely crossed the bridge over to the anti-Ford side. Not only did he say it publicly in interviews with the media, but he was less PC about it when talking to people at City Hall today. Minan Wong didn't hold back and I'm just paraphrasing here but essentially says Rob Ford is an idiot and has to just 'effin leave.

Either Minan-Wong has made his decision to run against Ford for Mayor or he just knows that Rob can't win against Olivia and wants to position himself back into the centre. As much as I despise ass kissers and opportunists, I have to concede that Minan Wong would make a good budget chair. Hopefully he stays out of the election and Olivia grants him a chair to demonstrate fairness and heal the political spectrum battles.

Can anyone just walk down to city hall to sit in the council chamber and watch these shenanigans live, or is it closed to the public?

It's open. This is like watching Breaking Bad: The Play live and in person, and it's free! Toronto's best entertainment, down at 100 Queen St. West. You even get to mingle with all the characters, you recognize every face. Today I shared the elevator with Andy Byford. He was surprisingly candid and open with me -- somebody he had never met. Great first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back