167     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 449     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 625     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker here...any word on that arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
More details: the upcoming arrest I was told about last night is related to Lisi's network. Suspects have voluntarily come in for questioning. No arrests made.

Update from MetroMan, earlier today.

I hope he continues to yap about "subways, subways, subways" and "fighting for the taxpayer" as the noose tightens. Maybe then some people will realize that it was all noise to begin with. Might be a learning moment for enough people that we'll have a more responsible electorate.

Deco probably brings a nice cash flow. With the label business for household consumables (shampoos, cleaners) they have high-volume steady contracts. It's not all fridge magnets and business cards. With the business 50 years old, they might own the property the business sits on near the 401, and perhaps other units nearby housing newer businesses. And the old man could have made decent investments when the business was flush. But these guys are spending a lot, are shady and they're distracted. So who knows how secure they will be when all this hits the fan. Lots of rich people are rich up until the day their loans get called or the investigators come knocking.

Ford expenses are low because they don't do anything. They don't believe in government so they see no work in government. The mayor's office was dedicated to high school football. His days are 10 - 2. His mythical constituency work was always exaggerated, a few well publicized appearances said to represent his daily focus. But we're learning that his focus has been his addictions. Doug is only there to be Rob's mouthpiece and shield. Like everything else that comes out of a Ford mouth, these claims of operating on their own dime are also overstated. For the Austin trip we were told that Rob and Doug were paying their costs for the trip, but Rob also took at least two staffers - his press guy and the guy with the bullet head who stands behind him holding the business cards or carrying his Slurpie. I saw no mention of who paid for the staffers to go.

Both Doug and Rob have completely lost it. Doug was just yelling at Paul Ainslie in Council, Ainslie now supports LRTs. Think maybe the pressure is getting to them? :cool:

They know the end is nigh.

I'm really going to miss these guys when they're gone. Our discussions here on UT will never be this interesting again.

He'd end up slightly behind. If the City salary is on top of a hefty Deco one, his $100k would be taxed at the top marginal rate of about 46%. The $100k donation would result in a $40k tax credit, so he'd be about $5-6k behind on the deal. This assumes, of course, that he is actually doing what he said he would do.

Correct, of course. I was less than exact about the math in order to avoid detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back