1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
why take out one of my references? i don't think that's fair, especially when people can go on for pages about things that have nothing to do with rob ford without trouble or modification.

it's unnecessary to quote an article in near-full when you're posting a link to it. Describe the subject of the article and anyone interested in discussing it will click through, read, and report back.

i honestly would love to hear what people on here think of the information i presented.

i have tried to incorporate some of the suggestions or desires people had for when i post. why do i have to completely 'conform' here? isn't this a forum that can handle diversity in thought and presentation style?

I have said it before and I will say it again. I have found some interesting information in your posts. Yes a lot of the information is not new and is from other sources but I find it helpful that you highlight the salient information.

Just because a post is not all "original" doesn't make it less useful if it is highlighting information that may have been overlooked.

Honestly I cannot understand the constant complaining from some people over these postings. If you don't want to read evvabeings posts simply block him.

it's unnecessary to quote an article in near-full when you're posting a link to it. Describe the subject of the article and anyone interested in discussing it will click through, read, and report back.

one of my links / one entire article i mentioned has been removed... as in people aren't even left with the choice to click on it. i though people would appreciate that i'm getting my info from more than one source... and each source provides a slightly different take on it.

i'd find all these posts about my style more annoying than one more paragraph in one post.

Peepers, I think other members are frustrated that evvabeing chooses to ignore the polite and constructive suggestions on how to improve his run-on posts. If he was to make an effort to adhere to both the members' and moderator's requests to post properly, people would appreciate his efforts, but it seems that he takes offense that others are trying to guide him in how best to get his point across.
Alternatively, this may be helpful to him.

http://spacefem.com/quizzes/hobby/

I have said it before and I will say it again. I have found some interesting information in your posts. Yes a lot of the information is not new and is from other sources but I find it helpful that you highlight the salient information.

Just because a post is not all "original" doesn't make it less useful if it is highlighting information that may have been overlooked.

Honestly I cannot understand the constant complaining from some people over these postings. If you don't want to read evvabeings posts simply block him.

Telling us to block him is silly - this is a community and our attitude isn't to block people we don't like, it's to try to encourage them to be better. It has nothing to do with his political leanings or his opinions, it has entirely to do with how he is presenting them. Everyone recognizes that he is trying to contribute and isn't trolling or being disruptive on purpose. That's why we're being constructively critical and saying "Hey, it's great you're here and fine that you want to contribute, but please do it in a way that is considerate and isn't disruptive or overbearing."

If he was acting like a shit head and wasn't doing anything bannable but merely being a nuisance, yes, I'd block him. There's no use for people like that. But if he genuinely wants to contribute then I think it benefits both us and him to try to find a way to channel his energy into doing it well.

i honestly would love to hear what people on here think of the information i presented.

I'm going to spell this out for you because you don't seem to get it yet - nobody is reading what you're posting because (a) you have told people to scroll past your posts multiple times, and that's what they're doing, and (b) you're refusing to actually demonstrate some modicum of decent forum etiquette by telling people to ignore/block you instead of trying.

If you want people to comment/look at your posts, maybe you should listen to them. Everytime I see another one of your long posts or multiple posts in a row, I scroll past them. Just like you said. But considering how disruptive they are, I speak up because I know that everyone would benefit (you included) from you cutting it out, and because I don't think you have the right to come into a decent community and act inconsiderately and expect everyone to bend to you.

There's two ways this will end - no one's going to read your posts and/or they're going to block you, and you're going to be in your own echo chamber. Or, you can quit being so stubborn and people won't go "ugh" and scroll past everything you post.

I'm also new to UT but have no problem following guidelines and forum etiquette. If I want to write whatever I want, however I want, that's for my blog.

evvabeing has provided some good links and is clearly interested in Rob Ford's exploits. That's why I don't want to block him/her.

It is however very frustrating to scroll through 80% of an article only to end up with a link to finish the final paragraph. Precis comes in handy online! A line or two, at most a couple paragraphs are all that's needed to pique interest.

evvabeing: I've mentioned it before and would love to see you create a master list of Ford links. It would be a good resource and make use of your skills and enjoyment in researching and posting links.

^ I'll admit to scrolling past all his/her messages as well.

Further to that, I think there's something to be said about quality over quantity. 240 posts in less than a month is probably overkill. I don't want to simply put the user into Ignore however.

I may be lucky to have a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, but not everyone here who reads and posts in this thread has such a computer (or a monitor with high resolutions).

There are some members here who have to read this thread on a smartphone as well.

Everyone is new to UT once.

Let's give evvabeing a chance. Given that, evvabeing should not post consecutively. That is what the edit button is for. Evvabeing is not a troll. Evvabeing is being constructive, yet needs help with posting like the consensus. It is important to understand posting guidelines. I agree with TOvp that evvabeing should create a thread containing a master list of Ford links.

Last edited:
Listen please.

Its old and irrelevant. Please listen to what others have been saying.

As a new join (1st post, yeah!),
I know my opinion won't carry as much weight. Here goes anyway...
Please find and use your shift key, evvabeing. You go to the trouble of using punctuation, but haven't ever capitalized even your "i's". When I see someone referring to themselves as "i" I ignore them, as I'm not interested in borderline illiterate people's opinions.

Please quote a paragraph or two and the link to the articles you want to share. The sites deserve our clicks, not to be plagiarized.

Finally... What happened to fordcracknation.ca ? It hasn't loaded in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks to metroman and the rest for the fascinating updates to this fantastic saga.

Its old and irrelevant. Please listen to what others have been saying.

yes the info is from the past, but it is so not irrelevant.

rob defended a convicted kid that played football with him. why? now ford is in an infamous photo with at least one kid that played football for him... and all allegedly have gang ties.

when smith was killed, ford said nothing. but when kojo mensah was killed ford made sure to express sadness. both played for him... why the difference?

why would ford stick up for a criminal? one that seems to at least have some things in common with the gang swept up in project traveller?

why come to bat for some "good kid" criminals, but not others that he knows in the same way?

From this list of things we learned about the Mayor in the last couple weeks, please choose the two items most likely to be remembered about him two months from now.

1. His sister's drug-dealing ex-boyfriend threatened Ford because he was owed money.
2. Ford drives while intoxicated.
3. Ford attempted to slide past jail guards to speak to a drug-abusing friend.
4. Ford saved the Mississauga mayor from going overboard while fishing.
5. Ford's part-time driver and security has been charged multiple times with threatening violence to women.
6. Two of Ford's friends, Dave Price (now employed in the mayor's office) and Sandro Lisi (the above mentioned driver), went searching through the drug dens of Etobicoke to retrieve the crack tape.
7. Ford stepped in to break up a fight at a high school football game in St. Catherine.
8. Ford defeated Hulk Hogan at arm-wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back